X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JayP View Post

I’ll fly in that much wind and more, but I usually move the battery forward a half inch to an inch. More forward CG will be more stable in the wind. Had my Venom V2 out in some heavy gusts today and it was a riot.
    Thanks. I’m going to fly after work this evening. It should be a bit calmer conditions. I was thinking of moving to a more nose heavy CG for the windy days 👍🏻

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
      Yeah, that’s the best place to start. I have my rate selection on a 3 selection/position switch. High rates for my rudder is actually set up to use all travel that is physically possible before any binding occurs. I just have a lot expo programmed with it. I use it for tight turning during slow taxiing.
      hi, so with full thows on rudder , nose wheel , how much expo are you running ? just get an idea for maiden flight ?

take care , TKS for posting !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
        I just ordered my F22 this weekend. Can't wait to get it. This is my first 90mm!

Fedex is dropping off my F22 today!!!! Going to get it together as soon as it gets here. If the weather stays nice i'll hopefully be doing the maiden late this afternoon / this evening. Can't wait to get it in the air !!!!

Comment

• Got everything assembled and ready to go, but the weather is all over the place so no maiden today! Hopefully i'll get time to do the maiden tomorrow. But here are few pictures of the New F22 Raptor compared to my F35 Lightning.Click image for larger version  Name:	F22_F35 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	293.6 KB ID:	258241Click image for larger version  Name:	F22_F35 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	239.7 KB ID:	258240Click image for larger version  Name:	F22_F35 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.7 KB ID:	258239

Comment

• Looks awesome!

Comment

• Had the chance to get out and do the maiden this morning. Setup by the book and had only 1 minor issue. Had to trim in a ton of up elevator. CG at 150 just as they called out and it just seems the neutral position for the elevator in the book is way wrong. Not a big issue finished the maiden with no problems. I then mechanically set my neutral to reflect how i had it trimmed out and second flight was like a dream!!!!!

This is a big jet, but it floats and fly's like nothing else! Would recommend this to anyone that has any flight time at all. And just as a bunch of other people have said, this could be a EDF Trainer it fly's that nice!

Can't wait to get out and get a few more flights on it and really get a true feeling for it! Amazing jet though. Worth the price for sure!

Comment

• Congrats!

Comment

• Congrats! I found the 5.5mm for the stabs to be perfect. Some misunderstood the reference point for the 5.5. Can we see a picture of where you're at?

Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
                  Had the chance to get out and do the maiden this morning. Setup by the book and had only 1 minor issue. Had to trim in a ton of up elevator. CG at 150 just as they called out and it just seems the neutral position for the elevator in the book is way wrong. Not a big issue finished the maiden with no problems. I then mechanically set my neutral to reflect how i had it trimmed out and second flight was like a dream!!!!!

This is a big jet, but it floats and fly's like nothing else! Would recommend this to anyone that has any flight time at all. And just as a bunch of other people have said, this could be a EDF Trainer it fly's that nice!

Can't wait to get out and get a few more flights on it and really get a true feeling for it! Amazing jet though. Worth the price for sure!

Comment

• Congrats on the maiden! One of my favorites to take out for sure.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Going to maiden tomorrow. To be clear on stab 5.5mm setting, could someone post a pic of neutral setting. Pretty sure I have it set correctly, 5.5mm down from the straight line above on fuse. Picture in manual is dark in my manual and hard to really reference it. I am sure it is close enough but I would rather not fight a way out of trim plane...
                      Thanks.

Comment

• A lot of people get the elevon neutral setting confused in the manual. I added some text to help. There is a glue seam line in the fuse that people think that is where to measure from. It's not that, it's actually the bottom edge of the fuse foam.
                        Pat

Comment

• Hi,
                          my bearings on my elevator shafts have seized, would anyone know the size of the bearing? I would just buy the elevator shaft kit but by the time I add postage it’s $42 AUD so trying to source the bearing locally in Aus.

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Soma888 View Post
                            Hi,
                            my bearings on my elevator shafts have seized, would anyone know the size of the bearing? I would just buy the elevator shaft kit but by the time I add postage it’s $42 AUD so trying to source the bearing locally in Aus.

thanks
                            Hi, did you check postage from Hongkong? This is my source when parts aren‘t available in Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                              A lot of people get the elevon neutral setting confused in the manual. I added some text to help. There is a glue seam line in the fuse that people think that is where to measure from. It's not that, it's actually the bottom edge of the fuse foam.
                              So I contacted motion to verify this and they told me directly to measure from the seam of the fuselage.

This is where the confusion is.

I'll upload a picture of how I am setup in the morning.

Comment

• The person you talked to is wrong, it’s from the bottom edge or lip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
                                  Had the chance to get out and do the maiden this morning. Setup by the book and had only 1 minor issue. Had to trim in a ton of up elevator. CG at 150 just as they called out and it just seems the neutral position for the elevator in the book is way wrong. Not a big issue finished the maiden with no problems. I then mechanically set my neutral to reflect how i had it trimmed out and second flight was like a dream!!!!!

Sure don't remember mine needing a ton of up elevator, just do exactly as in the manual and you will be close, go to the support page and look at the download manual, maybe a little more clear than your paper manual as for picures.??

Comment

• Here's my neutral setting. Note that the distance is 5.5mm up from the bottom of the fuse side, and not measured from the foam seam in the middle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN5509.JPG Views:	0 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	258481
                                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                      Here's my neutral setting. Note that the distance is 5.5mm up from the bottom of the fuse side, and not measured from the foam seam in the middle.

Click image for larger version Name:	DSCN5509.JPG Views:	0 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	258481
                                      Thank you sir, thank you very much!
                                      I was measuring from the top as I read that somewhere but seen conflicting info. Probably still be flyable that way but I would rather not. Thanks again...

Comment

• Here is my neutral position. As i stated before the book and the person i talked to at motion were just WRONG. No two ways around it! However it was an easy fix. So no big deal.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F22 Elevator 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	258538Click image for larger version  Name:	F22 Elevator 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.3 KB ID:	258539

Comment

• The manual is correct once you have understand what it is saying.

Comment

Working...
                                          X