Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    What, after Christmas????
    No Evan, of course not, but certainly at the end of august or begin of September, don t have to much time before then..
    Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• I intend to buy this battery: https://www.lindinger.at/en/batterie...h-lipo-battery, will be good enough for 6S setup? or https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...7_group_0_desc.
      I wanted to have a sensor for seeing the consummation of current, it is worth?
      Thanks,
      Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• Yes good enough

Comment

• I use the Turnigy HD 5k in my Avanti and F-22. Very good battery IMO and very reasonably priced also.

Comment

• A clubmate (Michael Troy) had his Freewing F-22 out this morning ... on a very gray NorCal summer day. Still quite impressed by this big 90mm jet!

Comment

• My F22 has arrived! Before i will start the assembly, how many of you use the MCB and how many use direct the receiver? I ask you because i want to know if this worth to use a receiver with 12 ch and to have the mix like Evan or will be enough to use a receiver as in manual 6 ch. As i remember with my F22 depron version even i had all servo like this without gear, in flight i didn't use it so much. Probably for this F22, because of take off and landing from the ground will have to use flaps in two positions i suppose, and in filght if i want fast roll to have flaps or elevator like flaperons or elevons..So what you suggest me.. it is my first jet and EDF too, i will fly only from the grass..many tks for tour answers

Comment

• I am still using the MCBe but only for retracts and lights.

Everything else goes direct to my receiver. This allowed me to do the mixing I want. If you want full span flaps you'll have to add a channel and plug both flaps into separate channels. If you want tailerons you'll have to add another channel and plug both elevators into separate slots. Add separate steering and you are at 9ch with ailerons, rudders, retracts and gear doors, flaps and lights through the box.

I also separated ailerons for crow and rudders for rudder air brakes so I am using 11 of my 12channels.

Comment

I am still using the MCBe but only for retracts and lights.

Everything else goes direct to my receiver. This allowed me to do the mixing I want. If you want full span flaps you'll have to add a channel and plug both flaps into separate channels. If you want tailerons you'll have to add another channel and plug both elevators into separate slots. Add separate steering and you are at 9ch with ailerons, rudders, retracts and gear doors, flaps and lights through the box.

I also separated ailerons for crow and rudders for rudder air brakes so I am using 11 of my 12channels.
                  Thanks for your feedback.Can you made a picture with your setup, i have a 9 ch receiver dispo at the moment and as you said probably will be the best option in this case.

Comment

• Not sure what you mean by a picture of my set up... Here's a video of what I have.

Comment

Not sure what you mean by a picture of my set up... Here's a video of what I have.

https://youtu.be/0UtXjl_rg4c
                      I know that movie, i talk about how did you do the conections. If i well understood all the wires from mcb less gear train you droped. I want a picture with inside the plane and your wire conections between the mcb and receiver.

Comment

• Sorry, I'd have to pull up the battery tray and dig the receiver and MCBe out of the back of the plane and then undo all the wire ties I have making it neat to give you a picture, just not going to happen.

Comment

Sorry, I'd have to pull up the battery tray and dig the receiver and MCBe out of the back of the plane and then undo all the wire ties I have making it neat to give you a picture, just not going to happen.
                          No probleme Evan, i thoght that was easyier..

Comment

• Evan, for the moment i have dispo a 9 ch receiver. Can you have a sugestion how to make the setup? So i will have 1 ch for thr, 1 for gear, must have 1 for aux?,if yes already 3, 2 ail,2 flaps, and 1 for elev and 1 for rudder. If aux it is not necesary i have to choose between elev and rudder, for having breaks or elevons..Anyway maybe in the future i will buy a new receiver 12ch to have all setup like yours. Just a question: wing wire conections did you use it? I ask you because i want to know gow did you connect the wings. Tks.

Comment

• I went and created a new airplane in my DX. I did wing type of two aileron, two flap and tail of two elevator and one rudder. It assigned it as the following.

Thr
                              R Ail
                              RElev
                              Rud
                              L Flap
                              L Ail
                              R Flap
                              AX3 (assigned to a knob)
                              L Elev

I changed AX3 to switch A for landing gear.

The rest is all done with mixes. That would be Crow and Tailerons.

To do this you have to plug the ailerons and flaps directly to the receiver using extensions, you have to remove the wing inter connection wires. You also have to plug the elevator servos directly to the receiver and may need extensions.

What you have left is the throttle, BEC, rudder, retracts, nose gear door, steering and landing light.

Plug the throttle directly to the receiver throttle, plug the BEC directly to the receiver BIND port after you bind it or use a Y.

The rudder and nose gear steering can go either to the MCBe and then using a male to male go from the MCBe to the receiver or bypass the MCBe and use a Y directly to the receiver.

The retracts, nose gear door and landing lights go to the MCBe and you need a male to male from the MCBe to the retract output of the receiver (this also activates the landing light.

This is only one way to do it and only applies to a Spektrum similar to mine, DX-9, DX-18 and probably the IX radios.

To add rudder air brakes you need two extra channels because you have to have separate steering. So you can't go to a 10ch and add them, you need 11ch.

Originally posted by Oachidori View Post
                              Evan, for the moment i have dispo a 9 ch receiver. Can you have a sugestion how to make the setup? So i will have 1 ch for thr, 1 for gear, must have 1 for aux?,if yes already 3, 2 ail,2 flaps, and 1 for elev and 1 for rudder. If aux it is not necesary i have to choose between elev and rudder, for having breaks or elevons..Anyway maybe in the future i will buy a new receiver 12ch to have all setup like yours. Just a question: wing wire conections did you use it? I ask you because i want to know gow did you connect the wings. Tks.

Comment

• Just placed an order for the 8S! Super excited for my first 90. I also purchased a Pulse Ultra Defender back up....just in case. I'd buy a CC BEC but I don't trust my soldering skills.

Comment

• Can I ask why the defender or CC BEC?

Comment

Can I ask why the defender or CC BEC?
                                    I've read about a lot of BEC issues...so a little extra insurance for such an expensive model.

Comment

• A lot of people on here and the other forum post that the sky is falling about the electronics in these planes. Just today I was "discussing" this on the L-39 thread over there. Here is one post I made...

"I want to go back and add that many people swap out or add servos, ESCs, BECs, and other things generally for no reason or remove their blue boxes. For the most part this is for peace of mind and really if that makes you happy do it. But there are thousands of people flying these models as they came out of the box with no issues.

Can you pull out the ESC, BEC or servos and put in better one, of course, there are always "better" out there. That's not to say stock doesn't work within it's design limitations and price point. Also a lot of people end up swapping things with replacements that are not as good as the original or add additional failure pints without realizing it.

I am just discussing, not fighting, not arguing... Or drama "

I've had almost every FW EDF, multiple copies of many of them with Zero ESC or BEC failures, one servo that after hundreds of flights got sloppy, and zero blue box issues though I bypass a lot of the functions on my plane's BB's to get programing I want. That is not to say I haven't heard people on the forums say they have had issues.

I want to caution you that you are putting a defender in your plane that also draws power to charge the battery through your planes receiver and therefore the planes BEC. If you are putting this in because you don't trust the BEC you should understand that you are causing the BEC to work harder and may cause your fears to become reality.

I also want to say that the 8S comes with a pretty good Hobby Wing 7.5A peak 5A continuous UBEC.

Many people replace parts for no reason other than someone posted they heard there's a problem with "X'. There are hundreds if not thousand of people flying these planes with absolutely no issue. I think more problems come from a lack of knowledge. Just today I had to explain what a BEC is and how to connect it on this forum, different thread...

Comment

A lot of people on here and the other forum post that the sky is falling about the electronics in these planes. Just today I was "discussing" this on the L-39 thread over there. Here is one post I made...

"I want to go back and add that many people swap out or add servos, ESCs, BECs, and other things generally for no reason or remove their blue boxes. For the most part this is for peace of mind and really if that makes you happy do it. But there are thousands of people flying these models as they came out of the box with no issues.

Can you pull out the ESC, BEC or servos and put in better one, of course, there are always "better" out there. That's not to say stock doesn't work within it's design limitations and price point. Also a lot of people end up swapping things with replacements that are not as good as the original or add additional failure pints without realizing it.

I am just discussing, not fighting, not arguing... Or drama "

I've had almost every FW EDF, multiple copies of many of them with Zero ESC or BEC failures, one servo that after hundreds of flights got sloppy, and zero blue box issues though I bypass a lot of the functions on my plane's BB's to get programing I want. That is not to say I haven't heard people on the forums say they have had issues.

I want to caution you that you are putting a defender in your plane that also draws power to charge the battery through your planes receiver and therefore the planes BEC. If you are putting this in because you don't trust the BEC you should understand that you are causing the BEC to work harder and may cause your fears to become reality.

I also want to say that the 8S comes with a pretty good Hobby Wing 7.5A peak 5A continuous UBEC.

Many people replace parts for no reason other than someone posted they heard there's a problem with "X'. There are hundreds if not thousand of people flying these planes with absolutely no issue. I think more problems come from a lack of knowledge. Just today I had to explain what a BEC is and how to connect it on this forum, different thread...
                                        Thanks Evan- I appreciate your perspective. To be fair I have yet to experience a failure of any kind on any of my FL/FW birds ( I have several and 100s of flights on them combined). No BB, ESC or servo issues at all. This will also be by far the most expensive airplane in my hangar so I'm being wanting to be extra cautious. I may install the Pulse, I may not.

Comment

• Understood. I have to also say every 90mm FW except the old Stinger 90 and two F-104 had their power systems removed and went 8S Jet Fan/ HET with non FW ESCs. That would be my F-4, F-18 and two F-22's (my first F-22 got hit while I was taking off by a fellow pilot doing a low pass even though I yell and he acknowledged my taking off, it was an epic mid air). To be transparent

Comment

Working...
                                          X