X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post

Is that the powerplant from the high performance F15?
    Yes, it is. I only have a dozen or so flights on it but it's a noticeable improvement for the F-22.

The vertical vs. the stock motor I measured a ~220 ft. improvement in maximum height achieved, given the ~10% increase in installed thrust. Top speed is basically identical to the 9 bld 1750kv EDF. I notice about a ~10% increase in efficiency with the inrunner, in spite of the higher blade count.

It does make the plane 115 grams or so heavier.

Comment

• Hello everyone, MRC suggested I ask this question in the forums. Does anyone know what material or product is used to tint the cockpit canopy? If not, I'm open to suggestions from those who have added this to clear canopies. TIA.

Comment

• Quick question.
        What is the flight time difference between regular old version F-22 90mm and new one performance version.
        Is it shorter or longer if we perform same flight?
        If new system performance one is more efficient I would assume flight time is longer. Is it?

Comment

• Waiting for the maiden: https://youtu.be/yoLAHM_zCG0
          Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• The elevator to flap mix you have, down elevator to up flaps, may be counter productive. On normal airplanes flaps cause up pitch or spoilers down pitch. On the F-22 and some jets it's opposite. In your case the up flaps or spoilers may contradict each other. Assuming you added the up flaps to have more pitching effect.

Comment

• it seems i made like you:

Click image for larger version

Name:	evan.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	269170
              Attached Files
              Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• Yes, I did it and don't use it because the "feel" is bad... Don't forget I also have TVs that add to my pitching moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  Yes, I did it and don't use it because the "feel" is bad... Don't forget I also have TVs that add to my pitching moment.
                  So you suggest me do not use this mix? elevator and flaps. I have to use only elevator ? I don t have TV as you see.

Comment

• Not use or reverse the mix.

You can try it both ways to validate my results.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      Not use or reverse the mix.

You can try it both ways to validate my results.
                      This is correct... The F22 likes a little UP EL with flaps deployed.

Comment

• From a different perspective. Yes a little up compensation because the F-22 slightly pitches down with flaps to keep level. He is mixing flaps to pitch. To get more pitching down flaps with down elevator and up flaps (spoilers) with up elevator would give a slight (very slight) increase in pitching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

This is correct... The F22 likes a little UP EL with flaps deployed.
                          I've found this is CG dependent. With a neutral or slightly tail-heavy CG, the F-22 will pitch up with landing flaps and not want to drop the nose without down elevator input. It's actually kind of cool that it'll lock into alpha this way, but for me I'd prefer level flight so I don't get too slow.

With a more nose-heavy CG it will pitch down slightly, unless you're going too fast for flaps in the first place.

I've got another 115 grams towards the rear now with the heavier 1835kv 12-bld motor I have and this is what I've seen. My plane as I have it right now will fly inverted with no down pressure on the stick, so it's a very rearward CG. I made more room up front to move my lightest batteries forward to make it a little more nose heavy to eliminate this tendency.

YMMV - I did not notice this with the stock motor.

Comment

• Did the 6S PNP outrunner version of the F-22 disappear from Motion's web site? Looks like maybe F-18 Blue Angels too. Strictly inrunner versions from here on out? Twisting my arm to get the high performance versions, I think I can handle that!

Comment

• I saw on fb a movie with a F18 take off from a carrier. I saw that it has full flaps down, elev up and the two rudders like a brake, as Evan made its setup. What for is use the rudders like a brake for take off?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oachidori View Post
                                I saw on fb a movie with a F18 take off from a carrier. I saw that it has full flaps down, elev up and the two rudders like a brake, as Evan made its setup. What for is use the rudders like a brake for take off?
                                The rudders turned will help push the tail down for a high alpha attitude on launch. On the full scale this is all programmed in to the flight control system and it takes care of the first few seconds of flight upon launch from the catapult. The pilots hands are not even on the control stick during launch.

Comment

• Because instinct would be to push the stick forward immediately as it pitches up as soon as the shuttle moves.

Originally posted by Waconut View Post

The rudders turned will help push the tail down for a high alpha attitude on launch. On the full scale this is all programmed in to the flight control system and it takes care of the first few seconds of flight upon launch from the catapult. The pilots hands are not even on the control stick during launch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teegat View Post
                                    Did the 6S PNP outrunner version of the F-22 disappear from Motion's web site? Looks like maybe F-18 Blue Angels too. Strictly inrunner versions from here on out? Twisting my arm to get the high performance versions, I think I can handle that!
                                    Yes we have been actively upgrading our jets to inrunners with the new 9-Blade system. Sometimes the old outrunner PNP versions can still be found in our sale section if they are not out of stock. Otherwise they will no longer be visible on the website(s). Outrunners in these jets is so 2019!

My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Flew my 8S today and I powered the receiver with a dedicated receiver battery this time instead of the UBEC. It flew fine but for some reason the landing light wouldn’t turn on. As soon as I went back to the UBEC it worked again. Can’t figure out why. Is it a voltage issue? Stock power system. Receiver battery is a Spektrum 2S LiFe 3000mah.

Comment

• Too high of voltage I’m suspecting, do you have telemetry to see what difference in voltage is between the ibex and dedicated life pack? I’m assuming 5.9 to 7.2 fully charged life dropping to mid 6s during use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrthog View Post
                                          Too high of voltage I’m suspecting, do you have telemetry to see what difference in voltage is between the ibex and dedicated life pack? I’m assuming 5.9 to 7.2 fully charged life dropping to mid 6s during use.
                                          Futaba receiver. No telemetry setup but checker showed nominal 6.6V on the LiFe after 3 flights. The jumper on the UBEC is set for 5V.

Comment

Working...
                                          X