Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve had enough problems already hope I don’t have that problem also. Our runway is hard though. Still waiting to fly mine had a surgery so it’s keeping me from the field hopefully next weekend. Also waiting for afterburner hopefully it will come soon while I’m still down to install it.

Comment

• Brace installed.

Comment

• Looks good where can I get one so I don’t have the same problem also.

Comment

• The file is under the support tab of the f22 also on my post, but you have to have a 3d printer
          At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

• Ah thanks. I thought someone was selling them. I’ll have to check at my flying club and see if someone has a 3D printer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Av8er278 View Post
              Ah thanks. I thought someone was selling them. I’ll have to check at my flying club and see if someone has a 3D printer.
              wildvortex sells them (and for lots of other models too):

PRICING 1 BRACE $11 INCLUDES SHIPPING US STATES AND PROVINCES CONTACT ME FOR SHIPPING PRICE OUTSIDE THOSE PLACES ADDITIONAL BRACES $9 Freewing: L-39 80mm (New Brace Design) Avanti S 80mm (New Brace design below) A-10 80 mm, F-22 90mm, (new design see pic below) A-4 80mm, Mig 21 80mm, BAE Hawk 70mm (upgraded gear) New Brace
              Pat

Comment

• Thanks emailed him waiting for reply.

Comment

• Got mine on order. Looks easy to install. Can’t tell if it’s glued in or not from the picture.

Comment

• Yes, it gets glued in.
                    Pat

Comment

• Ok thanks

Comment

• Received my brace today fits really tight. What kind of glue are you guys using in case you have to remove it? Also is the shaft supposed to seat all the way in the back of the U shape or do I need to move the brace forward till it does then glue it in place?

Comment

• I always use a contact cement (Welder's) on EPO foam planes as it remains flexible while still creating a strong bond. You can also fairly easily remove the residue if you ever need to pull off a part if you're patient and removing a part usually leaves no lasting damage.

I moved mine up until the retract was actually braced by it. If you put it all the way in back, I'm not sure there's as much benefit except laterally. Then again, I don't recall on this one but make sure you can get at any screws you need to as well.

Comment

• Thanks Mizer67 I have foam tac same as welders so I will use that.

Comment

• Comment

• Had to add a spacer in the back to meet up with strut.

Comment

• OK Guys Im in love with this unit and about to order an 8S unit. I want to ask you all: What should I modify on the jet before/during assembly to avoid some of the problems you have had, and what are the best and or inexpensive choices for batteries and a charger. I was looking at some of the top of the line Tenergy chargers but dont know musch about the battery brands and dont want to get burned (quite possibly literally!)
                                  It will stay factory powerplant 8S setup, changing receivers and adding a Matek F765 and fpv setup with a cockpit cam eventually, centerburner or gooniac unit and roton nav lights all on secondary small battery. Will do the TV mod as well as "aggressor" paint job inspired by SR-71 livery.
                                  Thank you all in advance, I plan on full tilt modding this thing any advice is welcome!

Comment

• Originally posted by BaltimoreBomber View Post
                                    OK Guys Im in love with this unit and about to order an 8S unit. I want to ask you all: What should I modify on the jet before/during assembly to avoid some of the problems you have had, and what are the best and or inexpensive choices for batteries and a charger. I was looking at some of the top of the line Tenergy chargers but dont know musch about the battery brands and dont want to get burned (quite possibly literally!)
                                    It will stay factory powerplant 8S setup, changing receivers and adding a Matek F765 and fpv setup with a cockpit cam eventually, centerburner or gooniac unit and roton nav lights all on secondary small battery. Will do the TV mod as well as "aggressor" paint job inspired by SR-71 livery.
                                    Thank you all in advance, I plan on full tilt modding this thing any advice is welcome!
                                    The only mod I did was the brace for the nose gear. And I’m putting in a center burner from gooniac which is on order. Batteries you will get different opinions on and chargers. I got two 4cell 5000mah from ChinaHobbyLine.com to try first. As far as chargers there are lots to choose from just make sure you get one that will balance your batteries while charging. I have a older charger from hitec it’s a X4. That’s all I’m doing on my plane I just want to fly it now but our road at our club is so muddy from the rains we can’t get in so just have to wait.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	A2674C40-E9B8-4499-A421-2B3B273D7290.jpeg
Views:	585
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	306160
                                      Originally posted by BaltimoreBomber View Post
                                      OK Guys Im in love with this unit and about to order an 8S unit. I want to ask you all: What should I modify on the jet before/during assembly to avoid some of the problems you have had, and what are the best and or inexpensive choices for batteries and a charger. I was looking at some of the top of the line Tenergy chargers but dont know musch about the battery brands and dont want to get burned (quite possibly literally!)
                                      It’s an awesome plane. IMO I would add the nose gear brace. Cut down the strut springs on mains and nose gear for more shock absorbing. Other than that it’s a solid jet stock. I also installed the Gooniac afterburner. Looks amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gmack908 View Post
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	A2674C40-E9B8-4499-A421-2B3B273D7290.jpeg
Views:	585
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	306160

It’s an awesome plane. IMO I would add the nose gear brace. Cut down the strut springs on mains and nose gear for more shock absorbing. Other than that it’s a solid jet stock. I also installed the Gooniac afterburner. Looks amazing.
                                        I was going to cut the springs down but I fly on a hard runway. Still waiting for my Gooniac afterburner.

Comment

• I waited almost 3 months for my Gooniac burner but it was worth the wait.

Comment

Working...
                                          X