Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the club! As rifleman said, you're gonna love her!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Congrats!
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Thank you Gentlemen!.
        so pumped about this bird!.
        My dad flew F-4's out of Langley in the 60's. So the markings are very appropriate to me.
        did find something interesting though. The previous owner had used deans connections on this bird. Said he had made about three flights. Hmmm....
        surprised that he didn't have issues.
        thinking of changing connectors to xt90's.
        Also said he had cut the springs in gear suspension one coil for grass ops. Did find Teflon lube on gear legs.
        front gear is a bit wobbly compared to the mains. Do I need the front brace?.
        also with the high amp draw esc do I need chokes on my leads like my A-10 or F-4?.
        any thoughts guys?.

Comment

• Deans themselves aren’t bad. I use clone T connectors on all my larger aircraft including my FreeWing F-22, F-18, F-4, all on Jet Fan/ HET 8S as well as many other planes and helos including a couple 12S ones.

Comment

• Agreed, as long as they are the genuine article there's nothing wrong with them.

Comment

• Not sure you noticed I said I use clone T connectors. They are one's that HK sold many years ago and that is what I settled on for my usage. They are at least as good of quality as deans and have ribbed sides for easy disconnection. I have ZERO EC 3/5 or XT60/90 plugs. Almost all my smaller items use XT30. I've used the T's on up to 12S as I've said and up to 200A set ups. Soldering them is absolutely critical and on 8S and up I use anti spark.

I know the ratings of these and understand how the rating applies to MY usage.

The important things on any connection is to understand the limitations for your use, proper soldering, proper visual inspection and maintenance if warranted.

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
              Agreed, as long as they are the genuine article there's nothing wrong with them.

Comment

• Ah, yeah I did miss the clone part. Lol! my bad. Hell, if they work they work.

Comment

• I am looking for the proper mixing flap to elevator if anyone can help me out that would be great I am using spectrum IX12 this is that 8S set up

Comment

• Standard flaps you don't need any. if you do full span flaps you need up elevator. I have less flap travel with full span flaps and use a 15% mix. But again, no elevator comp with regular flaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

All you need is a cable to connect to your phone or computer. There is also a Bluetooth controller you can use. So 3 different cables or options. You have edownload the app on your phone, or off the Spektrum website on a computer.

Yes, the non-Spektrum sat will work.

If you need a .spm file for a similar plane I can send it to you. It’s basically completely setup, you just upload it into your TX via SD card. If you need help, let me know. I have 5 636s in use
                      Hi, just got my F-22 90mm and I have Spektrum AR636A.
                      Is it possible to get that file to download?

Kind regards
                      Timo

Comment

• Hi Guys, maidened my Raptor this morning🤗

what a great Jet, love it 🤩

had no issues at all❕, she flies between the Avanti and my Phantoms, more to easy Avanti I think

got my Raptor brandnew built Dec20 w/9b inrunner from upgraded stock for 6s, w/o flaps got quickly airborne
                        flew w/6.2Ah and 890grams velcroed just backwards on the end of wooden support

EDF took 120A on the ground, landings like Avanti style, does not require flaps, it was quite windy w/20-30km/h

set-up as per book
                        I trim on flight phases, normal, start and landing
                        did require less elevator and little right aileron
                        and little down for flap engagement

but shortend all gear springs by one turning as I fly on gras, coloured the rudder servos in light grey and took the inner elevator servo horn hole plus started loctite on critical screws

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210515_111519.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	312762Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01526.JPG
Views:	758
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	312763Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01525.JPG
Views:	705
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	312764

Comment

• Congrats! Lights and TV are next.

Comment

• Had my thunderbirds raptor out today with the 3D printed TV setup. Our resident drone pilot got some cool footage of it flipping around, the first minute or so of this vid.

This airframe is great for it. Even if the packs for this flight were a bit tail heavy lol.

Comment

• Way cool!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                                Had my thunderbirds raptor out today with the 3D printed TV setup. Our resident drone pilot got some cool footage of it flipping around, the first minute or so of this vid.

This airframe is great for it. Even if the packs for this flight were a bit tail heavy lol.
                                Awesome!!

Comment

• Awesome!
                                  I'm getting ready to install mine. Going to get a few packs in with tailerons today hopefully as I have been flying without them and want to get a feel for that, then the knife comes out.
                                  I installed them on an old crashed fuse rear end to test it out, and I made a couple of mods so far.
                                  I took the files into CAD switch the horns to the outside (where gears are), will be mounting servos next to elevator servos and wiring will run into original elevator wire area. I also slightly "thinned out" the lower nozzle to compensate for it not aligning well with the stock outlet that you were describing. So far I have only adjusted this on the lower, I may experiment with the upper.
                                  I also put a bit of paper between the gears to take up a bit of the slop. So far its holding up well white running it on a servo tester, not sure if this will be a good permanent solution or if the paper will last but will probably do this when installing.

Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                                  Had my thunderbirds raptor out today with the 3D printed TV setup. Our resident drone pilot got some cool footage of it flipping around, the first minute or so of this vid.

Comment

• Nice one. Yeah I glued mine in with contact adhesive so they'll come out reasonably easy if they get sloppy and need replacing.

Be sure to run some expo on your TV mix, especially the roll axis, to keep things smooth while you're turning.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	C3639B80-DFB4-48CF-A2B2-9E755F28070B.jpeg
Views:	599
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	313203 Some pix from the warbird event this past weekend. Click image for larger version

Name:	65A5D8F4-C705-4D86-945A-368CAD3A296F.jpeg
Views:	604
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	313201Click image for larger version

Name:	9DD8C6C7-08F0-4E88-8C18-D5CDC0892483.jpeg
Views:	576
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	313202
                                      Attached Files
                                      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Can someone help me with the values for programmer?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Tilehtin View Post
                                          Can someone help me with the values for programmer?
                                          Set one flight mode up with 25% all round and one with 40%. Can usually crank yaw gains right up. This plane doesn't oscillate easily in my experience. Go from there. I haven't pushed the gains too high because it flies so smoothly anyway, but I reckon you could go pretty high. I run ~25% gain on frsky.

For stick priority I like 160% - so, at 80% stick throw the gyro is completely dialled back. ​

Always have a flight mode with 0% gains you can switch back into if needed.

Use rate gain, not heading hold.

I leave dual rates and expos alone in the Rx. In theory it helps the gyro perform better but it's marginal gains at the cost of convenience.

Comment

Working...
                                          X