X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary S. View Post

I thought about 12s but wing load and low mah batteries didn't seem like fun. I am defiantly a fan of JF/HET or others, Having a couple of different JF setups in others. The one I running now is a Wemo. Its my first one, its ok.

My Question to you and whoever is on your TV parts, is it 3D printed stuff or does anyone have a molded plastic or metal option.
    I'm using a 3DP set from here.

https://printaircraft.com/product/90...intable-files/

You can order a printed set as well.

It's a neat design but it definitely restricts flow a fair bit as the shape doesn't match the taper of the stock exhaust shape. I'm familiar with Evans solution (I believe others have followed his lead) and suspect it has a much lower disruption of the exhaust, I'm just not that good of a modeller lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post

I'm using a 3DP set from here.

https://printaircraft.com/product/90...intable-files/

You can order a printed set as well.

It's a neat design but it definitely restricts flow a fair bit as the shape doesn't match the taper of the stock exhaust shape. I'm familiar with Evans solution (I believe others have followed his lead) and suspect it has a much lower disruption of the exhaust, I'm just not that good of a modeller lol.
      The air flow restriction is the first thing that came to mind on the 3DP parts. Thanks for confirming that. I will search Evans post to see what he has done. I saw once upon a time but I've slept since then....

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary S. View Post

The air flow restriction is the first thing that came to mind on the 3DP parts. Thanks for confirming that. I will search Evans post to see what he has done. I saw once upon a time but I've slept since then....
        It still flies great and TV is an amazing addition to an already amazing plane, but yeah, it kinda defeats the purpose of running a nice warm setup like that if you're going to be robbing thrust at the tail end.

Comment

• Hi guys. I have a question about my afterburner. The plug that goes to the balance plug on the battery which right now I’m using two 4s batteries so no problem. But I just got a 6s and a 2s. Which battery do I plug it on the 6s or the 2s?

Comment

• This is a big bird. I'm assuming either everybody's got a truck, trailer, or you guys are assembling at the field! I'm pretty sure this fuse won't fit in my truck, even with the pass-through to the back seat (2012 IS250). I'm trying to work out the logistics for this one. I'm wondering if I'm going to need to take my wife's car every time I want to fly this one.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	E344E78B-1567-42B7-BC42-8DB849BC3591.jpeg
Views:	547
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	319507Click image for larger version

Name:	2ED223AB-B765-403D-A255-5B71692D62CA.jpeg
Views:	576
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	319506 You need a bigger truck. It's fits in the back of my Corvette assembled and with the nose glued on... Fits really easy in my airplane hauler.

Comment

• Evan D You can't just give us a partial view of your Corvette!

Comment

• I fit the F-22, mig 21, JAS 39, and the EF F-16 all in my pick up. Just to be transparent I do have to take one wing off the raptor .

Comment

• Nothing special... 2009.

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                    Evan D You can't just give us a partial view of your Corvette!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.JPG
Views:	562
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	319527

Comment

• The new 80mm F-17 or the 70? I wonder how many of us have or have ordered the new 80mm...

Originally posted by Gary S. View Post
                      I fit the F-22, mig 21, JAS 39, and the EF F-16 all in my pick up. Just to be transparent I do have to take one wing off the raptor .

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        The new 80mm F-17 or the 70? I wonder how many of us have or have ordered the new 80mm...

Nah I like the looks of the new 80mm but my little 70mm has all the bugs worked out and is like ole faithful. Nice Vett by the way.

Comment

• Special enough! The color looks like it goes well with your Yamaha. And you can cruise around with a Raptor and I'm guessing the Mig as well. I think you're doing retirement right Evan!

Comment

• Thank you

the mig is significantly bigger. It won’t fit back there.

Comment

• We have utes, well, we used to when we had a manufacturing industry. Similar LS series engine to that 'vette with space for an AL37 in the back. I believe these were sold in sedan form as a G8 in the US. Makes light work of a raptor, just go easy on the clutch...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200422_073953.jpg Views:	0 Size:	198.7 KB ID:	319554

Comment

• Why transport it with the wheels down? If you still have the molded foam carton, the fuselage part could tied down to bed and the plane rested on top of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
                                  Why transport it with the wheels down? If you still the the molded foam carton, the fuselage part could tied down to bed and the plane rested on top of it.
                                  Oh it's just this particular photo - I dont transport with the wheels down. Usually there's a few jets stacked on top of one another with padding in between.

Comment

• Someone with a decent camera got some great shots of my 8s last weekend!

Comment

• Looks awesome! Great job!

Comment

• My son is learning EDFs he is 9. He flies the FW 90mm Raptor We put the hobby eagle A3S3 in it and just use the normal mode (helps alot on windier days). Not trainer or auto-level. He loves flying it. He is on the buddy box. But the last 6 flights i haven't had to take over at all. Here is 2 flights we got Saturday afternoon.
                                        he is getting better.

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
                                          My son is learning EDFs he is 9. He flies the FW 90mm Raptor We put the hobby eagle A3S3 in it and just use the normal mode (helps alot on windier days). Not trainer or auto-level. He loves flying it. He is on the buddy box. But the last 6 flights i haven't had to take over at all. Here is 2 flights we got Saturday afternoon.
                                          he is getting better.
                                          https://youtu.be/NnA1r89fZaY
                                          Great job!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X