X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there,

I have the Venom with outrunner 90mm 12 blade.
    I will buying the F22, but PNP only have the 9B inrunner HP.

I love the sound of the Venom with 12B. So its so much different sound:
    F22 90mm 12B outrunner - old version
    F22 90mm 9B inrunner HP

I dont look for max speed, i love more the sound then the speed.

Tks for the help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary S. View Post

They can be really exciting at high speeds.
      Yes indeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        Well today I got mine to 135mph. Plenty fast for me. Really love this jet.
        Dang! That's blazing! Mine can smoke pretty good on a WOT pass but I'm not touching that top speed.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• My 8S does 126 flat level but that's air speed and not ground speed.

Mriberio, easy to swap power plants in these planes and I'm sure you'll find someone willing to swap a 12 for a 9.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              My 8S does 126 flat level but that's air speed and not ground speed.

Mriberio, easy to swap power plants in these planes and I'm sure you'll find someone willing to swap a 12 for a 9.
              Airspeed is definitely a better gauge for performance. This is just a blast to fly.

Comment

• How many of you run a gyro in your F22? If so what brand?

Comment

• I got my frsky s8r with a built in stabilizer, doesn't really need it, but it makes the plane even that much more smooth.

Comment

• Not me.

Comment

• I have been using hobbyeagle A3 Super 3 in several of my EDF's really enjoy them gets it very locked in when setup right. All that said this plane fly's excellent without one. I just like it more with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Av8er278 View Post
                        How many of you run a gyro in your F22? If so what brand?
                        I use a gyro in mine aswell, graupners GR-12 3xG, which is build into the rx, it is comparable to spektrums AS3X system, works very well and makes it fly even better

Comment

• A lot of flights on my 3rd 8 cell ( since it first came out). I'm using Aura on mine and it is awesome. Really allows you to extend the limits! Flies extremely well with out one, one of a few jets that do! I think overall it is the best flying jet out there still, probably because of the design of the F-22.

Comment

• Anyone have servos glitching? My left elevator servo is glitching but when I touch my radio stick it stops.

Comment

• Originally posted by mribeiro View Post
                              Hi there,

I have the Venom with outrunner 90mm 12 blade.
                              I will buying the F22, but PNP only have the 9B inrunner HP.

I love the sound of the Venom with 12B. So its so much different sound:
                              F22 90mm 12B outrunner - old version
                              F22 90mm 9B inrunner HP

I dont look for max speed, i love more the sound then the speed.

Tks for the help.
                              The Venom and DH112 have a unique sound generated from their ducting system. I have the dh112 and like yourself, wanted to duplicate that sound in another jet. I was told by several that I was wasting my time.
                              Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Hello,
                                For all they are already make the upgrade from EDF to X45 can tell me what is after modification the during flight? For 6S EDF i have around 3.5 min and i want to know if it is worth to make the upgrade?
                                On the other hand for who made the Starscream scheme, there is somewhere some kit to buy for F22 90 EDF? I want to make more visible, and add more black and in my opinion will be the easy option. Or if someone have the file to print myself will be also better.
                                Tks,
                                Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• Hi All Frgot to add the cockpit mods. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210628-WA0003.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	327437Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210628-WA0005.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	327436Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210701-WA0003.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	327435Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210628-WA0007.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	327434Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210628-WA0001.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	327433

Comment

• Hi Guys!

Ok, if this is considered a no-no, then ok, but if I didn't want to read through the whole thread right away, but still wanted to know if there are any major issues I should know about before I maiden, can someone vector me to the best pages/comments?

What are people getting for AUW? Is the listed CG what people are having the best luck with?

Comment

• I don’t remember any big issues when I first flew mine, loctite on the struts to the retract units… book CG is a good starting point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scale Master View Post
                                        Well boys I finally got my "Star Scream" F-22 Turbine conversion complete! I waited for the new X-45 to com in @ 10lbs of thrust instead of using the slightly bigger and heavier K30 @7.5lbs of thrust! This motors diameter is smaller than a soda can. This Turbine is bad to the bone, high quality, light powerful with a 2 stage compressors. The pump is brushless, and the GSU is small and super light weight. Super easy plug and play set up, NO programing needed from you radio for throttle trim settings as it already knows you radios end points, unlike the kingtech stuff which required the "in learning" process to get things set up. The pics show pretty straight forward installation right where the old EDF unit was. Made the fuel tank with a 33.6 ounce Fuji bottle that squeezed right over the CG area, not using a UAT to save space, so I'm using a felt tip clunk and air trap soft cover over it. Jet has JP wheels and brakes (60mm). 3 lipo backs to power everything; 950mAh/brakes, 2000mAh-50C/ECU, and 2000mAh/Servos along with a BEC. See pics. If you have any question let me know!

AUW?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          I don’t remember any big issues when I first flew mine, loctite on the struts to the retract units… book CG is a good starting point.
                                          Thanks, Evan!

Comment

Working...
                                          X