Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh... I'm not blaming the canopy coming off... still flew fine... just looking stupid flying around without it!!'

my motor leads were unplugged before I maidened ... thought that was odd... so I opened her up and hooked them up. When we picked it up two were unplugged. Not sure if it happened on impact... or while in the air. Either way... I'm going to say pilot error because I was going too slow in the final turn... so I'm calling it a stall.

in the canopy....shouldn't there be a hole in the wood?? Mine was evidently latching in the foam and I guess it didn't hold

Comment

Here is the back of my canopy

Comment

Mine is the same. The canopy pin sits just above the plywood. Maybe your pin didn't go into the foam. I know sometimes I need to wiggle the canopy until the pin snaps in all the way.

Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
        Here is the back of my canopy

Comment

Anyone know what the red is....color wise?? I need to get some paint to finish my fix....

Comment

Hey guys good afternoon!
            Just purchese my YAK :-)...very excited!
            Just one very important question please...i´m planning to use a GensAce 6s 5000mah 60C lipo on it (brand new battery)...question, will fit right ?....little concerned about.
            ​​​​​​​Thank you all

Comment

Originally posted by RAPHAEL_CINTRA View Post
              Hey guys good afternoon!
              Just purchese my YAK :-)...very excited!
              Just one very important question please...i´m planning to use a GensAce 6s 5000mah 60C lipo on it (brand new battery)...question, will fit right ?....little concerned about.
              ​​​​​​​Thank you all
              It will likely "fit" but it may be hard to balance. This plane calls for 3000mah to 4000mah. My 3000mah Graphene is pushed as far back as it will go and it just balances and flies well. An Admiral 4000mah is only a bit heavier than the Graphene and also works. I also have the GensAce like you are planning to use. I've never tried it in the Yak. It will possibly be somewhat nose heavy unless you can gouge out some foam and push it back further. See the photo.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2901.JPG
Views:	1122
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	84963

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                It will likely "fit" but it may be hard to balance. This plane calls for 3000mah to 4000mah. My 3000mah Graphene is pushed as far back as it will go and it just balances and flies well. An Admiral 4000mah is only a bit heavier than the Graphene and also works. I also have the GensAce like you are planning to use. I've never tried it in the Yak. It will possibly be somewhat nose heavy unless you can gouge out some foam and push it back further. See the photo.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2901.JPG
Views:	1122
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	84963
                Dear friend Xviper2,
                Thank you very much for your complete reply and comparison...it will help me a lot!
                I´ll definitly go with 6s 3000...just will need to look if i can find 65C discharge...maybe only 45c. Do you thinkt its enough?
                What about filght time you got with 3000? Much less than 4000?
                It will be my first EDF, but i have more than 7 years of rc experience.
                Safe flights!

Comment

Originally posted by RAPHAEL_CINTRA View Post

Dear friend Xviper2,
                  Thank you very much for your complete reply and comparison...it will help me a lot!
                  I´ll definitly go with 6s 3000...just will need to look if i can find 65C discharge...maybe only 45c. Do you thinkt its enough?
                  What about filght time you got with 3000? Much less than 4000?
                  It will be my first EDF, but i have more than 7 years of rc experience.
                  Safe flights!
                  The 3000 Graphene is very close in weight and size of the Admiral 4000mah (as in the picture). Flown in a similar manner, flight time is virtually the same since both seem to contain a similar amount of juice. Graphenes are known to be heavy for the same mah. That's why I always buy them a little smaller than other brands. The Graphene comes down warm while the Admiral comes down almost hot. I fly pretty hard with my Yak. If you fly with more throttle management, 45C should be OK. The other choice is the HobbyKing Turnigy Heavy Duty line of batteries. They perform similar to the Graphene and are slightly cheaper, but their overall lifespan (duty cycles) may be a little shorter. Don't "downsize" those if that's what you choose.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                    The 3000 Graphene is very close in weight and size of the Admiral 4000mah (as in the picture). Flown in a similar manner, flight time is virtually the same since both seem to contain a similar amount of juice. Graphenes are known to be heavy for the same mah. That's why I always buy them a little smaller than other brands. The Graphene comes down warm while the Admiral comes down almost hot. I fly pretty hard with my Yak. If you fly with more throttle management, 45C should be OK. The other choice is the HobbyKing Turnigy Heavy Duty line of batteries. They perform similar to the Graphene and are slightly cheaper, but their overall lifespan (duty cycles) may be a little shorter. Don't "downsize" those if that's what you choose.
                    Once again, many thanks!!!

I founded a GensAce 3300 65C that seems to be the optimum choice for me...throttle management is always the best way but considering that is my first experience with EDF´s, i think is better to have any "extra juice" possible (i´m counting with some missed approach + go around, specially in the maiden flight). The Tgy HD is cheaper option as you said but get´s "puffy" much faster in the other way...i really don´t if it's worth it.
                    My GensAce 6S 5000mah will stay in the box until i get comfortable to put my CMP Hawk in the air (it seems will take some time),
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good afternoon friends/pilots,

Can someone share with me please the throws you guys are using on your Yak?

I assembled and configurate mine yesterday...also i decided to sell my 6S 5000mah and purchased a 6S 3300 (my Baehawk has not enouht thrust after some tests so i'll need to upgrade the motor,fun and esc if i want to fly him in the future...too bad).

In my case i choose to have three postion on my Futaba (high - mid - low) all then with respective (Expo 40% / 30% / 20% and D/R -40% / -25% / -15%) ...its not quite clear for me to measure the moviments in mm.

In case that somebody have some pics of the throws, will be great!

Thank you all again and safe flights

Comment

My Yak finally ready to the maiden next weekend.
                        Stock configuration + Gens Ace 62 3300 60C + A3L Gyro.
                        The CG seems good (3mm behind the trailing edge - forward wing mounting + battery full in the back), High/low rates as per manual + 3rd option more calm (3 position swich on my Futaba).
                        Must confess i´m little nervous about the maiden, considering that is my 1st EDF but as far as i researched this model is a good choice...Gyro off for the maiden (if everything goes well will be ON on 2nd flight to feel the difference).
                        Attached Files

Comment

Since I'm getting Alaska paint on F16 V2. I change out power system on my other F16 V2 and installed in the Yac130 70mm. Now I don't have to worry about the tx60 connection. Not sure why MRC went with that connector. Let you know how she handles. Hope as good if not better than the F16 V2 Pro. Let me know how the new retracts work. Have upgraded retracts on the f16. No bounce on landings.

Comment

This weekend was my maiden flight (also my first EDF jet).
                            With the advices and help of all of you, everything went very well and i must say...i liked very much :-).
                            Considering that im using GensAce 3300 60C battery and i'm flighing hard on the sticks (i'm trying to get used to EDF jets and my concern was to avoid lose speed resulting on a stall) only 2,5minutes per flight, but that's ok.
                            Still bouncing in the landings, but is a learning curve.
                            Happy flights to all
                            Below a quick video from my 2nd flight!

Comment

Been flying the snot out the 6s 70mm F-16 and 6s 70mm Yak-130. Man I love these 6s 70mm jets. They are fast, efficient and inexpensive. They also look great for what they are. IMHO they are the perfect size, not to big , not to small and easy to transport. I have been flying these with 3300, 4000, 4500 and 5000 mAh batteries with no issues at all. Going to have to bite the bullet and get the BAe Hawk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora View Post

Bang Good sells an FMS 70mm EDF unit. I added a Hobby Wing ESC from MotionRC.
                                What size ESC did you use?

Comment

Landing gear upgrade question -

I’’m in the process of rebuilding my Yak-130, and figured this would be a good time to upgrade the landing gear.
                                  Does anyone know if the upgrade landing gear for the 70mm Hawk T1 would work for the Yak-130?

Thanks!

Comment

On the subject of the 70 mm Yak, it's now been added to the November Sale page and marked down to $179 for the PnP
                                    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

Originally posted by Chief58D View Post
                                      Landing gear upgrade question -

I’’m in the process of rebuilding my Yak-130, and figured this would be a good time to upgrade the landing gear.
                                      Does anyone know if the upgrade landing gear for the 70mm Hawk T1 would work for the Yak-130?

Thanks!
                                      See how the Hawk gear comes out of the wing? Now see how the gear comes out of the Yak's body. The angles are different as are the deployment direction. You would have to grind new flats in order for them to be angled correctly.
                                      Or you could just buy these that were made for the Yak ....................... https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=5709 No matter which route you take, there will be some grinding and cutting to make them fit properly. On mine, I had to remove some of the plastic gear bay shroud so the tire wouldn't catch on the way out and in.

Comment

Roger on the geometry difference - I actually hadn’t looked that closely at the Hawk upgrade photos.
                                        Hopefully the set you linked to will be back in stock soon.

Thanks!

Comment

• Hi guys, I got one last week, could not resist the $179 price, I just finished it all by the manual and having problem with the CG as it is very nose heavy with the battery in the suggested place.

I am using an Admiral 4000mAh 6S, I placed the receiver/gyro combo way behind which is close to the CG so I cannot put the battery all the way back...also the battery strap would only secure the battery in the very front what I don't like.

So, I see two ways to go here, added 75 gr to the tail in order to balance or make a shelf for the receiver/gyro and place the battery all the way in the back and move the strap backwards somehow ....

Any other suggestions? I am sure more people had this problem, also..the recommended 80mm for the CG point is actually correct? your experiences?

Thanks!
                                          Ed

Comment

Working...
                                          X