X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing 70mm Yak-130 Thread

Introducing the Freewing 70mm Yak-130! This is another jet which has been in development for some time but we’ve endeavored to keep under the wraps until it is in production. We're happy to announce that the model is already in full production as of earlier this month and our shipment is anticipated to be on the water within 2-3 weeks. Below is more information from our product page. Flight videos are about three days away from publication. Anyone near Apollo Field is welcome to fly it this Saturday afternoon. We’ve had T-Cat and five others fly it so far but I always welcome trading a test drive for honest feedback for pilots wanting to give this red wonder a spin. Frankly this is my favorite 70mm jet at the moment alongside the Freewing F-104 and Dynam Meteor.

More information, see the product page here:

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

RE: Freewing 70mm Yak-130

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
    Introducing the Freewing 70mm Yak-130! This is another jet which has been in development for some time but we’ve endeavored to keep under the wraps until it is in production. We're happy to announce that the model is already in full production as of earlier this month and our shipment is anticipated to be on the water within 2-3 weeks. Below is more information from our product page. Flight videos are about three days away from publication. Anyone near Apollo Field is welcome to fly it this Saturday afternoon. We’ve had T-Cat and five others fly it so far but I always welcome trading a test drive for honest feedback for pilots wanting to give this red wonder a spin. Frankly this is my favorite 70mm jet at the moment alongside the Freewing F-104 and Dynam Meteor.

More information, see the product page here:

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-yak-130-red-70mm-edf-jet-pnp/
    Looks awesome! Are the retracts servoless? It's hard to tell from the pics. 

Thanks!

Comment

Love the Yak 130. I have to ask how will the performance of this 6 cell 70mm dual exhaust model compare with the [font='pt sans', sans-serif]Freewing F-35 Lightning II 4cell 70mm TV.[/font]

[font='pt sans', sans-serif]A side from the post stall manuves of the F35's TV. Will the Yak have much the same vertical? Is the duration with the lower amp draw significantly longer with the Yak?[/font]

Comment

Wow this is awesomeness

Comment

Yes indeed, finally a 70MM that takes a 6S cell. This should fly fantastic, now they're getting close to things I enjoy; POWER! Fact is it's much easier to pull out of trouble, then fly out of it. For instance, would you accelerate from a guy running into the back of you? You betcha, Also, power can be used inverted for RC to take you out of a conversion instance or spiral! The problem is thinking to do so, people like me panic and forget some basic rules. There for, POWER is an alternative way to fix a weakness or lack there of. The Red color is also easy to see! I think highly of the military scheme, but it's made to hide from the competitor. That'd be me when I'm flying! Ha ha. Well, gents! Enjoy these new birds, they just keep getting better and better!

Matt the warbird guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad
            Love the Yak 130. I have to ask how will the performance of this 6 cell 70mm dual exhaust model compare with the [font='pt sans', sans-serif]Freewing F-35 Lightning II 4cell 70mm TV.[/font]

[font='pt sans', sans-serif]A side from the post stall manuves of the F35's TV. Will the Yak have much the same vertical? Is the duration with the lower amp draw significantly longer with the Yak?[/font]

The Yak-130 has nearly unlimited vertical. It is faster than the F-35 and is very maneuverable. While it won't do some of the 3D maneuvers like the F-35 can such as an inverted flat spin, the Yak-130 can perform all maneuvers that the full size aircraft can perform. It is a very fun plane to fly. Simple, yet exciting!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks guys,

Is there actually more power or more to the point an increase in the power to weight for the Yak vs the F-35.
              I fly this 2200kv motor behind the 6 bladed 70mm on 6 cells in my Su 35 I’m drawing about 46 amps from this set up (6k feet altitude).
              As we know Power = Amps x Volts so in simple terms I’m assuming we should be seeing close to 1Kw (46A x 22.2V)of power from this Yak 130 set up. 
              For the F-35 I’m assuming a 38 amp draw and 14.8 volts for about 5/8 of  Kw.

Now based on the advertised weight 1.7kg vs 0.9kg the 4 cell F-35 should have a better power to weight ratio.  So by my math things aren’t getting better. Add to the fact that the bifurcated exhaust isn’t as efficient, I have to ask is the Yak a better performing model and if so why?

So what am I not seeing, or on the flip side what am I seeing that is not there?

All the best,
              Konrad

Comment

Konrad,
                Do you fly the 90mm Yak 130? I have had little luck keeping this bird in the air, and have tried different motor/bat combinations, even a 105mm fan/motor but cannot improve the power to weight . What would be your mod. to improve p to w?
                Chris

Comment

Originally posted by CT

Konrad,
                  Do you fly the 90mm Yak 130? I have had little luck keeping this bird in the air, and have tried different motor/bat combinations, even a 105mm fan/motor but cannot improve the power to weight . What would be your mod. to improve p to w?
                  Chris
                  Sorry I know nothing of the 90mm Yak 130. But if you can post actual amp draw and fan rpm number from your particular set up some of us might be able to help.

Comment

anyone tried these scale like struts? Top-Design CNC Suspension Strut Set For Freewing Yak-130 70mm EDF Jet

Comment

The Freewing Yak-130 is my favorite plane to fly. Looks good, sounds, good, easy to land, handles crosswind landings great (w/no flaps), easy to see. I fly with 4000mah 60c batteries and the 3300mah 60-120c. The lighter battery lands the easiest and I get about 100mph with the wind. 4000mah battery lands faster. 4000-6 minutes, 3300-5 minutes. Only visual detractor are the gear. Simple wire but can take anything you throw at it. Great first bigger EDF.

Comment

Just received mine last Friday after ordering Tuesday evening after 5PM CT. What took so long ? LOL

MRC continues to amaze with their mastering of supply chain logistics.

This plane was the easiest ARF I ever assembled and there's been plenty. It took all of 45 minutes to put together and another
                        30 min. putzing with the DX-9. Almost everything is pre-assembled. Screw the wings on, glue the H&V stabs on and she's pretty much RTF. The servo rods were even connected. Felt like I was not needed. Ha

A lot larger than I had expected. Not quite as long as the FW 80mm F5 but side by side, she's formidable. The 6S stock setup has beaucoup power.

Can't wait to get her flying!
                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Here is a great article on installing the Top Designs CNC aluminum gear on the FW Yak-130

Comment

am I the only one dumb enough to do this? bought the yak130 last week with a 6s battery with ec5 connector as the specs page and the note on the description page says...I install the battery and I have a t connector on my yak not the ec5 as stated all over the motion page lol....they will take care of me I am sure but no flying for at least a week probably. not upset just disappointed lol

6/2 this web page has been fixed to say T connector all around thanks

Comment

I didn't do it with the Yak but I did make the same mistake on one of my 250 quads. The quad had XT60 connector and the batteries I bought were Dean T connectors. Doh!!! Luckily I had some plug in converters. So, you're not alone in being blond. ;)
                              Lauren

Comment

UPS delivered my yak arf+ yesterday and guess the new style is only one pilot...wonder why? cost reduction? lol

Comment

LEt us know how it goes. This one is on my short list to that or the scaled up ready2fly one.
                                  AMA 1102566

Comment

I currently have two of these flying right now ... a 6S stocker and a 4S that uses a FMS 70mm 12 bladed fan. I love this model! I still fantasize about getting its larger 90mm ReadyToFly version but for now, this one scratches my itch.

That V2 Venom in the popping Red Swiss scheme is a looker too!

Some of you probably already saw this video but I will share it here again anyway:

Comment

Bajora you sure must have some nice camera equipment...always great vids and stills....we had a guy here in Killeen that took great stills etc but if u crashed he was always the first one there snapping away at the wreckage lol...hes a army helo pilot and got sent to korea and will be back soon I hope I need pics

got my yak arf+ and installed the 12 blade 4s set up like yours and to make it lighter freewing only puts one little Russian in the cockpit

Comment

Thanks Ron... With only one pilot, yours should be slightly faster than mine.:p

A guy at my field just bought one and yep, one pilot only.

Comment

Working...
                                        X