Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think they have upgraded the Mirage ,it now comes with an upgraded motor and a 9 bladed fan ,not sure if the 9 bladed fan is better then a 12 bladed fan ? I do fly of a grass runway but I have a F 86 , 70mm F 16 , F 35 and they get of the grass runway OK ,well the F 86 struggles if the is grass is wet .I am hoping the new upgraded Mirage will take of from our grass runway .I have seen videos of the Mirage taking off from grass runways .So fingers crossed .Mined you it will be £300 wasted if it does not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I suppose it depends on what condition the grass is. A guy at our old grass field had the F-86 and it barely got off the ground before hitting the tall weeds at the end. Once, it didn't make it. The runway was about 250 to 300'. My F-35 would not get off the grass. It reached its terminal velocity and just drove around and never lifted off. Even with the upgraded motor, I gave up trying the Mirage off grass.

Comment

• I am having trouble getting the ELE to go the same direction from left and right side..two servos with Y connector. I tried to mix the ELE RELE still wrong I know you all have done this please tell me what I am doing wrong before I just cut my head off lol.

Comment

• One servo is the wrong one...

Comment

• Originally posted by WildBill View Post
            I am having trouble getting the ELE to go the same direction from left and right side..two servos with Y connector. I tried to mix the ELE RELE still wrong I know you all have done this please tell me what I am doing wrong before I just cut my head off lol.
            However a simple inline servo reverser will prevent you from having to replace the servo already installed...or take advantage of MRC's great customer service and have then send you the correct servo, assuming of course that you purchased this plane from them.

Comment

• Hey all! Just assembled mine and am waiting for a clear day to maiden.
              • Can someone​​​​ please share D/R & Expo percentages? Can't find recommendations anywhere.
              • What is full deflection measurement for Flaps? 100% for me does not seem like they're coming down enough.
              • Anyone spray this with miniwax to protect the paint since it chips off very easily? If so, satin or S/G?
              • Does this plane need a gyro or good on it's own?
              • Is C/G right at 80mm or is there an acceptable range? And do we test CG with gear up? (My first plane with retracts)
              • Those who belly land, did you tape over the retract holes so grass doesn't get caught in there?
              • I'm seeing that some people experienced lack of power and replaced ESC with 80a. Nothing but great reviews on mrc site. Is this necessary?

Thanks!

Comment

• All the great things I heard about this so I got one. Well mine couldn't get its fataas off the ground . It ended up crashing and destroying its self. Take off run is about 30 yards. It tried to lift up but would immediately roll over and crash. Very frustrating that it just would not fly.

Comment

• Talked with a guy at MRC. I did not know this but you should perform a throttle calibration. I did not and that may explain my lack of thrust. Ordered the ARF version and will try this again.

Comment

• Every electric needs to have it's throttle calibrated any time it's set up or if you change ESC or receiver or transmitter throttle programming.

Also check your balance for a new plane or if you add or change any component in the plane especially if you use a different battery. Also do a range check for a new plane or any change in electronics. It's also a good idea to redo any of these three every now and then just to verify.

And of course check your linkages, set screw, throws, and gyro settings now and then.

I can't tell you how many many times I have heard "it flew okay last time" after a crash.

Comment

• You didn't have enough air speed to fly. Even if you have full throttle 30 yards may not be enough.

Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
                      All the great things I heard about this so I got one. Well mine couldn't get its fataas off the ground . It ended up crashing and destroying its self. Take off run is about 30 yards. It tried to lift up but would immediately roll over and crash. Very frustrating that it just would not fly.

Comment

• I watched video I have. I simply am rotating too soon. I bought another one. The electrics are new to me. I usually fly nitro engines. But a lot of this hobby is electric. I dont want to limit myself. Lots of nice looking aircraft in the electric jet area. I'll try this again. Always a lesson to be learned.

Comment

• I just had the maiden on my Freewing YAK-130 a few days ago. What a simply awesome flying jet. Freewing really hit a home run with this jet. I am running a HRB 3300mah,60c battery pushed all the way back in the battery compartment. Balance was perfect per the 80mm spec. I kept the servo throws at 22mm on the ailerons and 18mm on the elevator. Never touched the aileron trim and only 2 clicks on the elevator trim.Flaps were set at a 3 second delay and no trim adjustment needed on final. The touch down was a 10 rating with a round of applause from the peanut gallery! Timer set to 3:40 with 25% of battery capacity left. I fly off of short grass,and the plane would be air born before the throttle hit the stops. Most flying was at 50-60% throttle. Landing approach on final was with the throttle closed. Great glide.

Comment

• Hello I am about to get my first EDF jet and am currently considering the YAK or the BAE Hawk. Read all the posts on the YAK and Hawk and like them both. The big upside to the Yak is the price. I currently am flying the FW 1200 Spitfire, TA 152, FW190 and Bearcat. Have also flown and built many Balsa airplanes Smith Miniplane biplane, VK triplane, sig clipped wing Cub etc. This will be my first intro into edf jets. Your feed back will be helpful, thx

Comment

• Randy H Hi Randy, since you're flying all those warbirds, and those types of airplanes specifically, I think it's reasonable to expect you're ready for a 70mm EDF. The Yak-130 is quite easy to fly, with its high mounted wing. The BAE Hawk has a low wing, but its longer fuselage allows it to wobble less and most importantly it has a wider gear stance. If you're wary at all about tipping, or if you're flying off of grass, I would recommend the Hawk over the Yak-130. The Hawk is a bit more of a sport acrobatic scale jet, as well, so you can cruise around the pattern at half throttle while you're getting used to it, but when you're ready you can also increase your surface throws and throttle setting to begin faster/quicker inputs as you grow your skills and prepare for an 80mm or 90mm jet.

The Hawk also has lights, which is a rare feature in a 70mm jet.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thx Alpha I appreciate your input. I think the Hawk will be the one i choose. By the way you guy's are great I really appreciate the input from the Motion. Also great products and the Gripen is great maybe some day i can work up to a edf like that or the Mig.

Comment

• Recently purchased the Freewing Yak-130 and am super excited to get it out for a maiden! One question I have though is that according to the book and what I have read online, it is recommended to run a 6S 4000 but CAN run a 4S setup but she comes with an XT60 connector pre installed? If the recommended is a 6S and "suggested" why wouldn't it come with an EC5?
                                  Below is copied from the Motion description page-

"The battery bay is spacious to accommodate CG with a 6s 3000-4000mAh lipo. For pilots interested in installing a 70mm 4s power system, we found that a 4s 4000mAh lipo is ideal for a lightweight setup
                                  • Now comes with the Freewing 70mm 12-Blade EDF 6S Power System w/ 3048-2150KV (6S PNP only)
                                  • 60 Amp Hobbywing ESC with XT60 connector and 5A BEC"
                                  Knowing that there was a V1 version of this jet, I'm just wondering why they opted for that connector? Every other Jet from Motion that I have purchased lately comes pre installed with an EC5? I'll either swap it out or use and adapter cable, but thought I'd ask for anyone's opinion.
                                  Thanks guy's!
                                  -=Kenny=-

Comment

• Don't get hung up on connectors, various planes and batteries come with about 8, or so, different types of connectors and they are not there to suggest a specific "S" battery. I use T connectors and usually change both ESC and battery connectors. It is always better to change connectors instead of adding adapters. That said you have to have some ability, and the tools, to solder (or crimp for some connectors).

That said FreeWing had both a 4S and 6S version initially, They had different motors appropriate to the voltage. Motion decided to only sell the 6S version but other resellers had both.

Also when talking batteries it's important to understand the difference between battery capacity in mAh and weight. Usually the recommendations are based on the batteries the manufacturer sells (in Motions case they sell Admirals). More important is how the model will balance with a specific weight battery. For example and this is not for the Yak, the Admiral 4000mAh 6S Pro is the same exact weight and dimensions as the Hobby Star 5200mAh 6S battery.

The Yak is a great plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      Don't get hung up on connectors, various planes and batteries come with about 8, or so, different types of connectors and they are not there to suggest a specific "S" battery. I use T connectors and usually change both ESC and battery connectors. It is always better to change connectors instead of adding adapters. That said you have to have some ability, and the tools, to solder (or crimp for some connectors).

That said FreeWing had both a 4S and 6S version initially, They had different motors appropriate to the voltage. Motion decided to only sell the 6S version but other resellers had both.

Also when talking batteries it's important to understand the difference between battery capacity in mAh and weight. Usually the recommendations are based on the batteries the manufacturer sells (in Motions case they sell Admirals). More important is how the model will balance with a specific weight battery. For example and this is not for the Yak, the Admiral 4000mAh 6S Pro is the same exact weight and dimensions as the Hobby Star 5200mAh 6S battery.

The Yak is a great plane.
                                      I appreciate your input! I'll definitely change the connector end, and see how it all balances out. I'm running all Spektrum SMART packs and have several to choose from including the 6S4000 & 6S5000. If the weather will ever cooperate with my schedule, I'll be sure to update after getting her in the air. Thanks Evan!

Comment

• Awesome, I know exactly what you mean about weather!!

Comment

• I just bought one of these used... a little damage on the nose cone so I was going to replace it. Whatbis the best way to remove the glue so a new nose cone can be fit properly? Same goes for the vertical stabilizer, a few nicks there so I may replace.

Comment

Working...
                                          X