Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 90mm F-15C Eagle Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning flight

Comment

• Been trying to perfect my landings with this one...they always seem to look more like carrier landings...only without the arrestor hook lol Usually on my approach Im around 1/4 throttle. Ive tried a little above..little below... but just cant seem to get that nice guided slow looking soft touchdowns I see people doing with it. so, does it sound like Im too high on throttle on approach ? or too low? Im still use to the prop planes coming in rather slow, compared to the F15, so Im having a hard time judging what my speed 'should be' on this one.
      www.TSHobbies.com
      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Got one of these on sale, and it arrived yesterday. Due to so many activities going on between now and Christmas, I'm not going to be able to get to it right away. I'm planning to repaint it into one of the Aggressor schemes, probably the blue and gray scheme.

And besides, I have an F-14 ahead of it getting a repaint too. ;)
        Pat

Comment

• TSHobbies, are you landing with flaps and speed brake, flaps only, or clean? My throttle setting is different for all three. What are your flap throws and elevator mix percentage?
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I really like this model and I may just have to have one. There is something about jets isn't there. The F-15 looks big and menacing even standing still.

Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              TSHobbies, are you landing with flaps and speed brake, flaps only, or clean? My throttle setting is different for all three. What are your flap throws and elevator mix percentage?
              depends on the wind, but typically full flap using recommended throws..tried using the air brake on approach, but it made the plane want to float it seemed like..so Ive only been engaging it at touchdown.
              www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• take a look. It really depends on the way that the wind is blowing. I did touch and goes with and without flaps. The without flaps seemed to be the best for the nose high attitude.

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• hey thankyou..guess I'll try it tomorrow w/o flaps then and see how I do
                  www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Just got back from the field..concentrated on doing just touch n gos...and your right! It does land much better without the flaps and flares easier too, making it slow down more. nailed it every time ...excpet one, when my nose cone popped off on a touch down ..just happened to pop off as I was pulling up ,so I kinda sorta ran over it..just made the plane bank slightly..but she will fly without that cone! lol I appreciate the help ,and the vids... made my day a better one ,being able to get good landings like that.
                    www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• That's good to hear about nailing your landings now, TSHobbies. It only gets better from here!

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                        Just got back from the field..concentrated on doing just touch n gos...and your right! It does land much better without the flaps and flares easier too, making it slow down more. nailed it every time ...excpet one, when my nose cone popped off on a touch down ..just happened to pop off as I was pulling up ,so I kinda sorta ran over it..just made the plane bank slightly..but she will fly without that cone! lol I appreciate the help ,and the vids... made my day a better one ,being able to get good landings like that.
                        I was really happy how it did with no flaps!! I may do more of my landings that way but have mastered them in either config. Windy conditions will be flapless... but I love the touch and goes! Once I get the F-104 I will be doing the same to get used to its habits as well...

Great job getting it right! It always feels good to get a good landing!
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• yes it does, I appreciate the help. now that Ive got the F15 under control ...having a hell of a time with the F16..but pretty sure its a CG issue..just needed to find the right spot for the lipo, and the right weather to keep trying
                          www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Just finalized assembly of my Eagle and decided to do a CG check, wow was I surprised with how nose heavy it was. I must assume based on the weight of the two 6s packs I plan to use with this jet that are 24 & 27oz respectfully that most everyone has added tail weight. Are there any clever ways to hide what appears to be about 9ozs of tail weight at the rear of this plane? Also should the landing gear be up or down when checking? Seems it should be down as it would allow for easier rotation on take off and softer landings.

Comment

• TSHOBBIES^

I found the F-15 really easy to land but I know how you feel on the F-16, I sold my first FW 90mm after about five flights, didn't like the way it landed either, but after giving it some thought I went out bought another one, took a handful of batteries out and practiced landings, now it's one of the easiest to land, you just have to practice. Cg can be a problem, to aft and it will get pitchy but it flies good, to far forward and you have to pull the nose up in the turns but it lands better nose heavy, so you have to find that sweet spot. The F-16 is one jet you don't need to drag it in on approach, 3/4 throttle pass, yank and bank with gear coming down and throttle coming off, nose comes up to bleed speed off, add some throttle to adjust sink rate and she will flare for a nice smooth touchdown, don't be afraid to hold the high alpha as long as you have throttle on, it will scrap the tail cone if you hold the high algha too long. You could also try the full throttle pass, then up into a 1/2 loop, cut power, roll it over and drop the gear, keep the nose down to keep your speed up and bring her in with no power, make sure you go high enough on the 1/2 loop though. You can also do the scale thing and drag it in, I think you will find it harder to land.

Loved the F-15, just didn't like the paint job, actually thinking about getting another one and does anyone know why Freewing doesn't offer the F-15 in another paint scheme?? Would love to have an all gray one.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                TSHOBBIES^

I found the F-15 really easy to land but I know how you feel on the F-16, I sold my first FW 90mm after about five flights, didn't like the way it landed either, but after giving it some thought I went out bought another one, took a handful of batteries out and practiced landings, now it's one of the easiest to land, you just have to practice. Cg can be a problem, to aft and it will get pitchy but it flies good, to far forward and you have to pull the nose up in the turns but it lands better nose heavy, so you have to find that sweet spot. This is one jet you don't need to drag it in on approach, 3/4 throttle pass, yank and bank with gear coming down and throttle coming off, nose comes up to bleed speed off, add some throttle to adjust sink rate and she will flare for a nice smooth touchdown, don't be afraid to hold the high alpha as long as you have throttle on, it will scrap the tail cone if you hold the high algha too long. You could also try the full throttle pass, then up into a 1/2 loop, cut power, roll it over and drop the gear, keep the nose down to keep your speed up and bring her in with no power, make sure you go high enough on the 1/2 loop though. You can also do the scale thing and drag it in, I think you will find it harder to land.

Loved the F-15, just didn't like the paint job, actually thinking about getting another one and does anyone know why Freewing doesn't offer the F-15 in another paint scheme?? Would love to have an all gray one.
                                With planes like the F-16 and F-104, there is no messing with the elevator on landing. You need to get it set into the landing attitude and then use the throttle to slow its descent. If you touch the elevator you will get bouncy and the thing will go nuts on you. Basically you need to fly it to the ground. If you go to flare then you end up bouncing it too much. I still have yet to master the F-104 but i have already gotten some good landings with it. Touching the elevator will make things bad...

The same things you can get away with on the F-15 will make you crash the others....

Comment

• This is finally out of the paint booth and ready to get back in the air!

Comment

• Sweet work there Bogietrim! :Cool::bluecool
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• That looks quite Aggressive! Please share some in flight photos if you can snap them, Bogietrim. I have always liked that livery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                        Sweet work there Bogietrim! :Cool::bluecool
                                        Thanks guys! It looks great from 5ft. Had about 5 flights on it before the paint with the FW 8s set up. Almost afraid to fly it now! I will try to get some video or photos when I get it back in the air

Comment

• I got the high performance version coming, wanted to give it another go and see if I could learn to like it...lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X