Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal

Comment

• Got the maiden plus two more today. The instructions called for the stab neutral position 10mm above the fuse seam, that didn't work very well. ended up on the seam for level flight. Balanced at120mm plane flew great and landed well. I fly of a 300ft paved runway, no problems with that. It did have the wing waggle issue people have mentioned. Using RT6250 batts.3 1/2 min. flights with 3.75 per cell on landing using mixed throttle. Am quite pleased with how it flys.

Comment

• That's a reasonably heavy pack and a little forward of where most people seem to be flying CG on this bird, so not too surprising to end up with a some up trim. But i get that some pilots much prefer the scale jets to be nose heavy.

I put an AS3X receiver in this plane after the first half a dozen flights and it cleared up any sign of a wiggle, absolutely locked on the roll and yaw axis now.

Comment

• Here she comes!!! " F-15 E Strike Eagle"

Made a transformation of the fabulous Freewing F-15 C to the F-15 E Strike Eagle. Because I had two of them, I decided it is time for it. Added conformal fuel tanks, a tandem cockpit, a new canopy, 15 new weapon and LANTRIN/NAV pod stations. A new color scheme in gunship grey and new decals for the "Southern Outlaw" plane from Callie Graphics. Special thanks to Frank Born (Tinpusher), Alrus1, betsmums and all the others for uploading their 3D parts on Thingiverse. And of course to Freewing, MotionRC and Alpha and his team for such great planes.

Will have to print a lot more armament and will see how she will handle it in the sky!

More pics and videos to come!

Visit Jets and Wings on Facebook, YouTube or Instagram
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20200816_124148.jpg
Views:	1153
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	268939Click image for larger version

Name:	20200816_123546.jpg
Views:	1068
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	268940

Name:	20200816_123628.jpg
Views:	1032
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	268941Click image for larger version

Name:	20200816_123702.jpg
Views:	1098
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	268942Click image for larger version

Name:	20200816_124204.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	268943

Comment

• Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post
            Here she comes!!! " F-15 E Strike Eagle"

Made a transformation of the fabulous Freewing F-15 C to the F-15 E Strike Eagle. Because I had two of them, I decided it is time for it. Added conformal fuel tanks, a tandem cockpit, a new canopy, 15 new weapon and LANTRIN/NAV pod stations. A new color scheme in gunship grey and new decals for the "Southern Outlaw" plane from Callie Graphics. Special thanks to Frank Born (Tinpusher), Alrus1, betsmums and all the others for uploading their 3D parts on Thingiverse. And of course to Freewing, MotionRC and Alpha and his team for such great planes.

Will have to print a lot more armament and will see how she will handle it in the sky!

More pics and videos to come!

Visit Jets and Wings on Facebook, YouTube or Instagram
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20200816_124148.jpg Views:	20 Size:	209.9 KB ID:	268939Click image for larger version  Name:	20200816_123546.jpg Views:	13 Size:	307.9 KB ID:	268940
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20200816_123628.jpg Views:	12 Size:	232.7 KB ID:	268941Click image for larger version  Name:	20200816_123702.jpg Views:	12 Size:	171.1 KB ID:	268942Click image for larger version  Name:	20200816_124204.jpg Views:	12 Size:	195.8 KB ID:	268943
            Oh wow, that looks awesome, exactly what it should be, I just don't care for the stock color at all, send those pics to MRC and just maybe the F-15 will get a make over paint job and some choices on livery decals, I would buy another one,

Comment

• I just finished my eagle. My concern is with the airbrake. It's set up on my B 3 position switch. I can't get it to extend 1/2 deflection. It will only deflect a full 100% on the settings page. I'm using a Spectrum DX8 radio. Please help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Blais View Post
                I just finished my eagle. My concern is with the airbrake. It's set up on my B 3 position switch. I can't get it to extend 1/2 deflection. It will only deflect a full 100% on the settings page. I'm using a Spectrum DX8 radio. Please help.
                I understand it's driven by a servoless retract - it's either up or its down.

Comment

• This jet rocks. I’ve locked in on a setup that works great for me. Aura 8, High Performance Version, Admiral 6000’s. 3 minutes of high throttle fun with enough left in
                  the tank for a couple approaches if necessary. Click image for larger version

Name:	FCAA559F-A799-4786-8FC9-B683A9C406A2.jpeg
Views:	943
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	269088

Comment

• F15E, just bought a scratch and dent kit to specifically bash it to an Israeli F-15 E, looking for any conversion parts to purchase. Any help out there is appreciated for twin canopy, tanks, ordinance etc. Thanks Guys 🙏

Comment

• Originally posted by EAMRC View Post
                      F15E, just bought a scratch and dent kit to specifically bash it to an Israeli F-15 E, looking for any conversion parts to purchase. Any help out there is appreciated for twin canopy, tanks, ordinance etc. Thanks Guys 🙏
                      I started to buy one of those scratch and dent F-15, how bad was yours damaged?

Comment

• Can anybody tell me why my F-15's wings goes up and down most of the flight unless 100% throttle?
                        Also, the front wheel has problems to close or open unless I disconnect the little rectangle cover hooked to it with a spring.....
                        Appreciate your help ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Eytan View Post
                          Can anybody tell me why my F-15's wings goes up and down most of the flight unless 100% throttle?
                          Not trying to be a smartass here but do you have the wing spar added?

My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• 😂. Sure

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Oh wow, that looks awesome, exactly what it should be, I just don't care for the stock color at all, send those pics to MRC and just maybe the F-15 will get a make over paint job and some choices on livery decals, I would buy another one,
                              I've wanted a strike eagle for a while. I keep looking at the Freewing plane, but kept getting hung up on the canopy. It looked to be beyond my skills. Seeing this conversion is inspiration.

At the very least it would be awesome if motion produced a mod kit oftof replacement parts would simplify the conversion.

Comment

• Originally posted by EAMRC View Post
                                F15E, just bought a scratch and dent kit to specifically bash it to an Israeli F-15 E, looking for any conversion parts to purchase. Any help out there is appreciated for twin canopy, tanks, ordinance etc. Thanks Guys 🙏
                                Hello EAMRC and welcome to HobbySquawk. I only have a mold for the larger canopy. I have to think about making a mold for the tanks! For the cockpit you must use your old one and add some 3D parts, also for ordinance. You will find them on Thingiverse, a lot of great guys upload their designs for free. Then you must scale them down to fit the scale for the F-15.

I will upload some pics I made during the build.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200728_122540.jpg
Views:	1431
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	270247Click image for larger version

Name:	20200728_221644.jpg
Views:	1408
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	270248Click image for larger version

Name:	20200729_143808.jpg
Views:	1386
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	270249Click image for larger version

Name:	20200823_081435.jpg
Views:	1412
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	270250Click image for larger version

Name:	20200823_081552.jpg
Views:	1428
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	270251 ​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	20200823_081620.jpg
Views:	1451
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	270252Click image for larger version

Name:	20200823_081706.jpg
Views:	1322
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	270253
                                  Some pics I made during the build of the F-15E.

For all of you Eagle drivers, thinking to build a Strike Eagle also. The CFT's, I made out of roofmate, very light and you can sand them very well. Using filler and lots of sanding and you got them ready. I used a Revell 1/48 model kit to measure. The additional weapon stations are also made out of roofmate with a thin layer of fiberglas. For attachment I used the male and female spare parts from MotionRC's F16 and also 3D printed ones. For the cockpit, I put some fiberglas on the downside, so I was able to remove the foam behind the first cockpit. I used 3D parts( pilots, cockpit parts, weapons etc.) offered on Thingiverse from some great guys out of this forum. Thanks for sharing!!! For the canopy, I used the old one to build a mold and added the extra space using filler and after hours of sanding and measuring I am very happy with the result. I used 0,8mm vivak petg clear plastic plates, put them on a frame and to put it into a 150 degree C hot oven for 3min and put it quickly over the mold.

Color is gunship grey, decals are from Callie Graphics.

If you have any questions, please fell free to ask

Comment

• So after a hard landing i noticed the plastic retract housings were cracked. Luckily had one Type-A retract in the spares box but parts availability is effectively zero at the moment due to a lack of freight capacity into Australia. So, designed a little plate to support the retract housing that also acts as a brace to the main gear strut.

Hopefully it holds up until shipping starts again from HK :(

(Yes i know i shouldnt be busting up retracts with hard landings lol, but hey, it happens)

STL available here:

This fits over the retract in the main gear well. Provides support for the plastic retract housing as well as the main gear strut. Right side STL is included, mirror in your slicer to create the corresponding left brace (the brace is not symmetrical). Use original screws.

Name:	20200830_210617.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	271748

Comment

• Can anybody tell me if this model is 1/9 or 1/10 scale? I am looking for accessories. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Edit: read the last few pages... so this is still in production good. RC Castle has the ARF+ but shipping is kinda nuts. I could get the shipping down to $50 or so using ground shipping but... that's 45-60 days China to Spain... yeah... I'll wait for the ARF+ to come back in stock on Motion and throw the new FMS 90mm inrunner into it. I know Gooniac put one in his FW 90mm F16 and from his description and a video he posted the thing MOVES.

Comment

• I just swapped in that FMS powerplant on the high performance 6S version. It's an awesome setup in this jet, flight times now on par with all my other EDFs.

Comment

Working...
                                          X