Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! I haven't quite gotten the hang of good formation flying yet, mainly because I don't often get to try. It's definitely a skill that is harder than it looks.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Good luck on the maiden tcat. :)

Yeah, a tight formation is harder than it looks. My mate al n I pretty much decide who will "lead" with a fairly constant throttle setting and predetermined circuit, and it's up to trail to match speed etc. sometimes we have some good success forgetting all that and just chasing. No midairs yet, but had a few close calls lol.

Comment

Yeah the few times I got to practice, it was pretty much the same thing...One of us is lead and the other has to match altitude and speed while maintaining the chosen pattern. The "chaser" or "wing man" has to work the hardest to emulate the lead pilot obviously. We too had some hairy moments where we thought for sure we were about to have a mid-air, but the Flight Gods would smile upon us. Depth perception can be a b*** in this hobby. ;)
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

And sometimes in the "corners", you do not have to be close at all but the angle works out so that they LOOK a lot closer to the camera than they really are!

Comment

Afew photos of my F-15, with Alpha flying it for the last flight of the day Friday ...in the "golden hour".

Comment

Wow. Is that the real thing or what?? What a glorious time to be in the hobby.
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Thanks Shirty :). I'll let you all know when I maiden the F14.

Great pics Bajora!! Aros is right, those pictures look so real, and it is indeed an amazing time for foam RC aircraft.

Comment

One thing I've wanted to do from the get-go was paint the inside of the exhaust nozzles to make it a bit more realistic. Having the plastic being white is perfect because all that's necessary is to make the black shading. It's easy as pie with an airbrush and a couple minutes time, as well as some water-based opaque black Createx color.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Those pictures Bajora... talented, you are, my friend!

Nice nozzles, T-cat! Yes the white plastic was chosen by design instead of being painted black. I once climbed INSIDE an F-15's burner can on the flightline decades ago. I remember it being white with those dark areas, exactly as your picture shows.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks Alpha. The F-15 has some of the best looking exhaust nozzles out of any jet. Very cool and unique!

Comment

Nice job T-Cat!
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Thanks Aros :). It's a fun and simple mod that'll look good while the jet is static and in pictures on fly-by's.

Comment

Yep, plus 1 mate. The exhausts look awesome. Great job. :)

Comment

Thanks guys :). Since I have been airbrushing lately, I figured I minds well go for a new paint job. I really like the look of the 2005 Tiger Meet of the Americas paint scheme. Now, that is only for the E-model, but I'm not going for any scale awards, so I made this C-model into that paint scheme.

I used Createx water based airbrush paint in opaque black and opaque coral colors. There is also a couple costs of gloss Minwax Polycrylic clear spray on the jet. I forgot to take pictures of the sides of the aircraft because there are tiger stripes painted along the fuselage as well.

I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Excellent job. :)

Comment

Hi guys. I just got my Eagle and I'm finding myself in an odd situation with my receiver and ESC (and servos for that matter). I have a feeling I'm just missing something stupid, but I'm stumped.

DX9 Black
                                  AR9350 9 channel AS3X receiver
                                  Freewing 90mm F15 stock parts and servos

I plug the servos into the correct positions on the receiver, plug in the battery lead. Bind it to the transmitter -- binds just fine. But then I simply hear from the ESC "Beep...<2 seconds>...beep...<2 seconds>...beep..." ongoing. Nothing works, not one servo. In fact, upon binding the first time the ailerons and rudders deflect full on direction and hold.

I've looked around online for solutions and have tried the following with no success:
                                  1) Connecting battery to plane while transmitter on with full throttle, then reduce to idle.
                                  2) Reversing the throttle 'servo' on the transmitter
                                  3) Rearranging the order of turning things on
                                  4) Trimming the throttle idle all the way to its lowest setting
                                  5) Using a different AR9350 -- same issue

Am I missing something? Has someone ever used this receiver/transmitter package with this aircraft?

Thanks for any help!

Comment

We'll start with the more obvious possible solutions first, and work our way to less obvious solutions because it may very well be a simple thing being accidentally overlooked.

Do you have the external BEC servo lead plugged into the receiver whether that be Y-harnessed together with another channels servo lead, or in a separate channel by itself? This jet doesn't have an ESC with a built-in/internal BEC because an external one like the one used may provide better reliability when used at these 6S voltages. Therefore, the external BEC is powering the electronics and when not plugged in, you will not see any response to the servos, lights, gear, etc.

Comment

I might try the simplest things first, like bypassing the circuit board altogether and hooking up only the motor/ESC and perhaps a spare servo you have laying around. I think this would start you on the way.

Comment

Thanks so much for the response guys. The UBEC is stock and indeed plugged into the receiver. Power is crankin -- LEDS are on and the flap servos are over extending and grinding. Even the nose gear light is on. I switched over to the AR9020 just in case. Same issue.

Beep.....beep......beep....with no servo control

Believe it or not I don't have a battery with a servo lead to isolate the power to the receiver and just try the servos on their own (will get today). I may have 25 years flying experience, but I'm a plug'n play moron :-)

Crazy question. So power is split off right at the battery lead to the BEC. That goes to the receiver (and we can be fairly certain there are no power issues). Why then would a beeping ESC prevent the receiver from telling the servos what to do? As far as I can tell, the servos are home runs to the receiver (exception of the gear sequencing and LEDS).

One more fun fact, I'm having the exact same issue with the Banana Hobby F18

Comment

• Hmm, this is interesting. It certainly sounds like the receiver is not bound to the TX for whatever reason. The continually beeping ESC and servos stuck in a default position when powered on is usually the result that occurs. I'm assuming it's something with the TX (transmitter) since the same thing occurs with the F18, and the chance of having faulty components in both jets at the same time is rather slim.

Are you using a new TX by chance with different receiver binding procedures?

Hopefully we can help figure this out. Any videos of it all occurring and for us to see the way things are hooked up to the receiver and TX?

Comment

Working...
                                          X