Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use one switch for no flap, half flap and full flap, where air brake is activated. When making the turning approach I switch to full flap and air brake comes up. I don't experience any considerable vertical direction change, at least not enough that can't easily be corrected. Next I move the switch to half flap; the air brake remains up. This is how I land.

Comment

• Just placed my order for this one!
      www.TSHobbies.com
      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Our owl mascot has become more friendly

Comment

• I've been meaning to ask this, what kind of owl are those? They are really cute and I like how you always open with them :)
          Lauren

Comment

• They are Burrowing owls. Quite a few owl holes in the field. I would guestimate there are more than 20 owls here on the flying field. I see a few family groups of four owls have sprung up just recently. See link below:

Comment

• I'll be darned.... Had no idea there even was such a thing as Burrowing Owls.... Thanks!!! (Who said you can't teach old dogs...? ;) )
              Lauren

Comment

• More info:
                The Burrowing Owl is one of the smallest owls found in North America. They are also spread all across the South American continent. They are a ground-dwelling

Comment

• My wife enjoys your vids just for the owls.. doesnt say much about the planes lol

I just received my plane this morning ,got it all set up and ready to maiden.
                  www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• I think she will like this also :)

Comment

• well...would have been a successful maiden had it not been for Zippy.... really enioyed the flight..had my timer set for 3:00, but started my landing sequence at the 2:30 beep in case of a goround need... just before my approach turn, it just lost power..no throttle, no lift..basically no response at all. Thought maybe I stalled it,but you can see my attitude before the crash..certainly wasnt a sharp bank..just a slow (not speedwise) turn. Into the tree it went....ARGGGGGG...
                      after inspection that Zippy was puffed up like a big ballon...lowest reading was 3:30 .... yes it was fully charged, and only a 2 1/2 minute flight....
                      now...I can say that the only damage it did was the nose..BUT since FW doesnt offer the nose section by itself...now I get to buy the whole Fn fuselage!!!..btw, MRC,any idea when that fuselage will be back in stock?
                      www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• I just realized my HUUUUGE mistake...I dont know why,but had it in my mind that this plane required a 30C rated lipo...which is what I had...I dont know why I thought that..read the specs many times before buying the plane... I was using a 35C lipo....oh my ...sometimes I wish my foot would actually reach my a$$ because I would certainly kick the hell out of it...that was a huge ,DUMB and costly mistake.
                        www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• I've had my share of stupid mistakes. Sometimes it's an expensive way to learn; I am a leader in that department. Crashed quite a few 450 scale helis before I realized I needed a higher amp ESC to carry the scale body, to mention just one of my blunders. I've also let my batteries grow old flying to their limit. Fortunately my jet survived the crash without serious damage due to battery failure.

Comment

• wish I had been that lucky. had that damn tree not gotten in the way ..lol..it would have belly landed instead of the nose dive bounce off the tree limb.
                            www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Hoping to mod my F-16 like this also. Unfortunately it may be another week before I can test fly.

Comment

• Pretty pleased with the whistle mods on my F-15 and F-16; even though the whistles can't be heard much at full throttle, which was to be expected, the sound during slow passes, taxi, landing and take off is very cool to me.
                                Doesn't seem to effect thrust in the aircraft.

Comment

• I've placed three more whistles on the outside of the F-15 in discrete areas. Hope to test fly Monday.

Comment

• I totally need to do this whistle mod. Sounds GREAT!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Urrl,
                                      You actually have captured the whistle in the appropriate range of throttle so don't beat yourself up about not hearing it at full throttle because there is no whistle at full throttle on full size fighters. At max or afterburner throttle on full size all you hear is a roar or thunderous screaming roar. Very nice job on the mod!!
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks guys. Final test with 6 whistles; this time with three additional; on the intakes and bottom of nose.

Comment

• Originally posted by urrl View Post
                                          Thanks guys. Final test with 6 whistles; this time with three additional; on the intakes and bottom of nose.
                                          I prefer the way that it sounded with less whistles because it seemed more realistic to me. At full throttle there is no whistle sounds so it was accurate. but with that being said it is awesome either way!! I may have to do this to mine now....
                                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Working...
                                          X