X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cape Jets View Post
    So not happy with the FMS 90mm 12 Blade EDF I've switched to the Freewing 90mm 6S 1835kv inrunner EDF. Thought I had all the settings correct and have used this EDF before in the F-15 with no issues. Well took her out for a initial first flight with the Freewing EDF. Take off speed seemed ok and rotated as usual, but once in the air she was sluggish at best with no thrust. Nose up needed just to keep her in the air long enough to belly land (rather pancake her to the ground). No damage as it was a text book belly land , if that's possible. Inspection on the ground now seemed that she has no thrust at all and tried different batts with same results. Stumped.... When returned home and tested her again it seemed as though she was full thrust again.... Still stumped...The only thing I can think of is the ESC limited the power on take off like a overheat or voltage drop occurred. Like I said earlier have used this EDF in the F-15 before and no issues so any suggestions would be great.
    Looking at your location, my first guess would be that a voltage drop occurred. What were the ambient temperatures and did you preheat the Lipos? I ran into a similar issue with my 120 Amp 8s Avanti here recently with fall temperatures. Thanks to onboard telemetry the reason was obvious. I never had an issue during summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Looking at your location, my first guess would be that a voltage drop occurred. What were the ambient temperatures and did you preheat the Lipos? I ran into a similar issue with my 120 Amp 8s Avanti here recently with fall temperatures. Thanks to onboard telemetry the reason was obvious. I never had an issue during summer.
      After a better look at the F-15 post flight. Found that the ESC was full of grass clippings ( we fly on a grass field) This caused I believe an over heat condition. This in turn put the ESC in a low voltage condition and would cause the lack of power and thrust. Cleared out the esc and have ground tested and all seems ok now. Will need to get her in the air to see if the results worked or if there are other issues. We will see........

Comment

• Need some guidance on ESC settings for my jets. All my jets have Freewing 130amp or 150amp ESC's. I also use on all my jets the Freewing 90mm 12 Blade 1835kv EDF. (Hughs favorite EDF)
        I just got the Hobbywing ESC Program card to set-up my ESC's. Listening to the beeps drove me crazy and if you miss one step your screwed..... So the question is what do you guys set for your jet esc's ?
        Brake I know is OFF, Lipo Batt , Soft Cut on EDF, Voltage Cut Off-Low, Start mode-Normal, Timing is the big question? Most things I see is all EDF's get set to Low on timing.....
        So I'm throwing it out there to see what you guys set for your jets.... Thx

Comment

• HELP!!! I have a new f15 and it’s not put together yet. I plugged in my spectrum ar8360t to bind to my nx10. I can’t get the light to power on in the receiver! I tried an ar620, and an ar610 an none would bind. The esc is beeping but no lights on the receiver!! The 8360t is brand new, the others are not. Do I need to put the wings and everything plugged in to bind. I’ve never had this issue before. My 90mm f22 I bound it to let the gear down before it was built. As well as many other planes in my hangar? Please help if you can

Comment

• So on further examination I found that the receiver I bought had no issue binding to another plane!! So what would be afoul in my f15? Where would I start the hunt. Could the wires be wrong coming from the esc to the fan? I’d think that it would just spin the wrong direction but not sure. Again I don’t have the plane built. Just trying to drop the gear to start assembly. Please help if anyone can. Thank you

Comment

• The bec lights up when I plug a battery in. And the esc beeps!

Comment

• I figured out my problem. So ignore previous posts!

Comment

• I noticed when I use telemetry with my Spektrum receiver it’s showing 24.6 Volts with 6 cells at 4.20v / cell. Anyone have any thoughts why the telemetry cable isn’t showing the expected 25.2 volts? It’s not a function of the battery - my Eflite planes all have 25.2 volts with the same battery/telemetry setups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cape Jets View Post
                    Need some guidance on ESC settings for my jets. All my jets have Freewing 130amp or 150amp ESC's. I also use on all my jets the Freewing 90mm 12 Blade 1835kv EDF. (Hughs favorite EDF)
                    I just got the Hobbywing ESC Program card to set-up my ESC's. Listening to the beeps drove me crazy and if you miss one step your screwed..... So the question is what do you guys set for your jet esc's ?
                    Brake I know is OFF, Lipo Batt , Soft Cut on EDF, Voltage Cut Off-Low, Start mode-Normal, Timing is the big question? Most things I see is all EDF's get set to Low on timing.....
                    So I'm throwing it out there to see what you guys set for your jets.... Thx
                    set it to low...
                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Thanks to everyone for putting up information. Had a great maiden on the f15 yesterday with the 8S FMS setup. I think all I needed was 1-2 clicks of down, Can't wait for the weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by shamel7od View Post
                        Thanks to everyone for putting up information. Had a great maiden on the f15 yesterday with the 8S FMS setup. I think all I needed was 1-2 clicks of down, Can't wait for the weekend
                        Awesome!! This is the set up that I will be using as well...
                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I was int in putting a bigger fan in my next airplane..How much space is it up and down from the 90mm fan?
                          The one thing I miss in my hangar is a ultra high performace EDF..I look for a plane that is possible to use a 120mm 12s with light batteries. Also considder the FW F22..

Comment

• Does anyone have a spare nose cone for the v2 version? Mine came without one and Mrc does not have any...

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post
                              Does anyone have a spare nose cone for the v2 version? Mine came without one and Mrc does not have any...

How did you get a V2 F-15? I don't see them for sale anywhere?

While we are on the topic, To Motion RC: when will the F-15C V2 go live?

Comment

• Originally posted by air-jon View Post

Hw did you get a V2 F-15? I don't see them for sale anywhere?
                                I guess that’s what they call the V2 (from MRC EU website)

As of September 2021, new Freewing F-15s include the following improvements:

1) Additional carbon reinforcement inside the forward fuselage
                                2) Plastic reinforcement along the exterior of the forward fuselage
                                3) Modified foam cradle to eliminate cracking stress points during shipping
                                4) Enlarged the nose retract to a larger size: SKU# ET8403.

https://www.motionrc.eu/collections/...edf-jet-9b-pnp

There was also a 3DP file for a “true” F-15 nose cone, I’ve downloaded it a while ago and fitted it to mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

I guess that’s what they call the V2 (from MRC EU website)

As of September 2021, new Freewing F-15s include the following improvements:

https://www.motionrc.eu/collections/...edf-jet-9b-pnp

There was also a 3DP file for a “true” F-15 nose cone, I’ve downloaded it a while ago and fitted it to mine.
                                  They got them back in stock and sent me one, so i'm good - thank you MRC. I also bought a spare just in case.

Comment

• It still seems like there is something missing. Well...i shouldn't care as i have a V1 to finish, but This model certainly deserves a true V2!

Comment

• Has any one ordered a Fuse from Motion lately. I know there is V2 out for the plane itself with fuse improvements
                                      Would like to get a replacement to replace a tired fuse (encounter with briars, belly landings, run out of runway rashes )

Before they got the new shipment they still had 3 old versions left. Been waiting till the count goes down before I ordered to make sure I get the V2.
                                      So just looking to see whats out there for replacements from you guys. Thx....

Comment

• Hello everyone, I have been flying this jet on their 8s set-up for years. Mine has probably around 110 flights on it. I tried to buy a bunch of planes and parts from motion last year before they raised their prices to have extra stuff laying around. I’m thinking about going back down from 8s to 6s. One thing that caught my attention was when I bought another F-15 around 2 years again it came with the 12 bladed 1835kv EDF. I pulled that set up and put it in my F-18. That bad rips it up in that plane. So happy with that set up in it. But now I see they come with the 9 bladed 1900kv. I’m wondering if they did this was because to keep weight and cost down. Is the 1900kv just as good as the 1835kv. Anyone familiar with both in their F-15’s? Thanks

Comment

• The F-15 is a pig compared to the F-18. They designed the F-18 to fly on a 80mm or 90mm.

I haven't done it but maybe a strong Jetfan/ HET 6S set up?

Comment

Working...
                                          X