Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter here on Cape Cod keeps me trying new set-ups on my planes. Got a new one for you guys, I think....I want to set up just Taileron/ Evelons on my F-15. I do have a mix now that runs Normal Ailerons-Elevators and one mix that has Tailerons with Ailerons. Can't seem to figure out how to run just Tailerons. Got a 10 Channel Spektrum with a NX 10 so plenty of channels. Any ides would be great. Thx...

Comment

• Try mixing out the ailerons when you have flaperons deployed.

Comment

• Looks like we might have a V2 of the F15 dropping sometime soon?? Spare parts on the original lists a V2 nose cone in the dark grey paint. It also teases a bit of fuse in a similar darker color.

Could it be a Strike Eagle?

Freewing 90mm F-15C Nose Cone (V2) [FJ3091105U] Motion RC

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-21 100930.png Views:	0 Size:	127.9 KB ID:	340532

Very cool
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
          Looks like we might have a V2 of the F15 dropping sometime soon?? Spare parts on the original lists a V2 nose cone in the dark grey paint. It also teases a bit of fuse in a similar darker color.

Could it be a Strike Eagle?

Very cool
          Unfortunately not, "V2" is just a version with a reinforced front fuselage

Comment

• They haven't made it clear, though, if the current stock at MRC that is shipping is the reinforced V2 version or not

Comment

• I believe it is. i bought one later last year and the nose cone it came with has a weight in it that is supposed to be glued down towards the tip, but the one i got was loose and slid back and forth. It was obviously a defective nose cone and MRC replaced it very quickly. There was some confusion at the time as to which version i got, but it was def the version 2 with the nose cone should in the above pic. The v1 is different in the way it fits to the fuse...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                The F-15 is a pig compared to the F-18. They designed the F-18 to fly on a 80mm or 90mm.

I haven't done it but maybe a strong Jetfan/ HET 6S set up?
                the F-15 has crap tons of washout. I am sure that has to be part of the reason why it is sucking up the power so bad. I have a couple ideas that I will try with mine to see if it will help.

But just FYI. The new FMS 1850kv all metal 6s set up in the F-15 is ok on 6s. On 7s its incredible!! Now that same motor in the new Freewing Hornet and its incredible on 6s!! The Hornet is just designed better and performs so much better with a power increase.

I will have a couple things to try on my F-15 to try and make it less bleh....
                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I know you will find a great combo Ray.

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

the F-15 has crap tons of washout. I am sure that has to be part of the reason why it is sucking up the power so bad. I have a couple ideas that I will try with mine to see if it will help.

But just FYI. The new FMS 1850kv all metal 6s set up in the F-15 is ok on 6s. On 7s its incredible!! Now that same motor in the new Freewing Hornet and its incredible on 6s!! The Hornet is just designed better and performs so much better with a power increase.

please keep us posted on this one...

Comment

BTW - love your videos...

Comment

• Looking for information on the Freewing 90mm F-15C Nose Landing Gear [FJ30911082] at Motion RC. I need the measurement from the base of the strut to the axle. Thanks

Comment

• One of the main gear's door doesn't fully close - hangs open 2-3 mm. Does anyone have a fix for this...?
                          It's annoying and i'm constantly catching it with my hand when handling it...

Comment

If i wanted to upgrade the EDF unit, what brand & model would you recommend...?

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post

If i wanted to upgrade the EDF unit, what brand & model would you recommend...?
                              Wemotec 90mm fan with HET 700-68-1680 motor here, 8s Lipo. The most important thing is to fit smaller thrust tubes!

Comment

Where can i find this FMS item...? Just don't want to order the wrong one...

Comment

• Been flying my F-15 for over a year. In that time I have tried many EDF combo's. First mod was the Freewing 90mm 12 blade 4068-1835kv in-runner with a 130amp esc.. Great sound good performance but heavy EDF. Next tried the FMS 90mm 12 blade 1950kv also with a 130amp esc.. Much lighter EDF with good sound and good performance. Then tried the new Freewing 90mm 9blade 1900kv with 130 amp esc. Good rotation and speed seems ok sound alittle different than the 12 blade. Sill all these combos still seemed to be lacking in overall performance for such a power hungry bird. Finally found the combo I am sticking with for her. FMS 90mm 12 blade 8s @ 1500kv with 150amp esc. I run with 2- 4s 5000mah 60C batteries in series. Wow what a difference. Vertical performance is outstanding (I can climb forever) rotation on take-offs plenty of power and speed and sound is great. Managed flights avg 4mins with 30% reserve left in the battery. I fly alot of jets and am constantly bouncing around my edf's to get the best out of them. With this bird 8's is the way to go...... Good Flying......

Comment

• Where did you guys measure the CG from?? The manual has the line slightly behind the root of the wing? It may not be that much to matter but I like to be certain before flying. Thanks for the help of any!

Comment

• Does anyone know what size (mm) the bullet connectors are on an FMS 90mm Pro v2 fan...?
                                      I need to make extensions (maybe 2") to make it fit in the F-15... I'm using 12 ga. wire as well...

Please advise...

Comment

• I am a bit surprised. After a long time the F-15 is back in stock but no V2. Many people were expecting to see a V2 version with minor improvements similar to the Goshawk. If there is no plan for a V2 version then what the heck the V2 nose cone with obvious darker colour is for? I appreciate it if someone from MRC comment.

Thanks,

Hassan

Freewing 90mm F-15C Nose Cone (V2) - FJ3091105U Note: This is the new V2 nose cone that fits the new V2 F-15C.

Comment

• I’m a bit behind on keeping up with the forums, but on post #614 I did one of my F-15’s as the 50th Anniversary Sound Barrier jet. The decals are available at Callie graphics. I used old photographs from that Edwards Open House Air Show. As well as used the event program and other things to ensure it was correct.

Comment

Working...
                                          X