Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decide it was time to add the F-14 to the hanger. Went ahead and updated the power system to the 100amp Mig 29 setup. Graphics by Callie. If someone has a DX-9 setup file, or the link to download it, that would be a great help.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdcrow View Post
      Decide it was time to add the F-14 to the hanger. Went ahead and updated the power system to the 100amp Mig 29 setup. Graphics by Callie. If someone has a DX-9 setup file, or the link to download it, that would be a great help.
      Great livery and well done!

Comment

• Nice!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I have one, it is a more or less normal program with a sequencing program to disable the flaps during sweep and when swept. I can't attach it, send me your email.

Originally posted by Jdcrow View Post
          Decide it was time to add the F-14 to the hanger. Went ahead and updated the power system to the 100amp Mig 29 setup. Graphics by Callie. If someone has a DX-9 setup file, or the link to download it, that would be a great help.

Comment

• Who doesn't love a good tomcat? Nothing beats that profile coming down hard on the deck. A10 power system and twin rc geek centerburners. Just hit 200 flights on it this past weekend.

Attached Files

Comment

• I have read that this plane would do ok on golf course type grass, but I take it that it would not do well on rougher grass runways?

Comment

• Was wondering if someone can post a picture of the gear door servo arm. I snap mine and for the life of me can't figure out how the two rods connect to the servo arm to manipulate the doors. The book doesn't give any further detail other than use the second outmost hole, but one rod is coming up short. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by rlcamden View Post
                  Was wondering if someone can post a picture of the gear door servo arm. I snap mine and for the life of me can't figure out how the two rods connect to the servo arm to manipulate the doors. The book doesn't give any further detail other than use the second outmost hole, but one rod is coming up short. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                  Try swapping the rods and/or adjusting one or both for length.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    Try swapping the rods and/or adjusting one or both for length.
                    What is left of the original arm looks like both rods where in the 3rd hole. Drilled out a new arm so the both would fit, and they bind on each other. Used #2 and 3 hole separate, but I either have a door which opens like it should, but doesn't close all the way, or if I adjust the clevis to get them to close, then one doesn't open all the way and the gear binds when I retract the nose. I have used a combination of every hole on the arm, adjust the clevis, repositioned the arm, but can't figure it out.

Comment

What is left of the original arm looks like both rods where in the 3rd hole. Drilled out a new arm so the both would fit, and they bind on each other. Used #2 and 3 hole separate, but I either have a door which opens like it should, but doesn't close all the way, or if I adjust the clevis to get them to close, then one doesn't open all the way and the gear binds when I retract the nose. I have used a combination of every hole on the arm, adjust the clevis, repositioned the arm, but can't figure it out.
                      They need to be in the same hole and the hole has to be big with some slop in it.

Comment

Was wondering if someone can post a picture of the gear door servo arm. I snap mine and for the life of me can't figure out how the two rods connect to the servo arm to manipulate the doors. The book doesn't give any further detail other than use the second outmost hole, but one rod is coming up short. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	E4D6D48D-FEE0-462B-8A40-127197199150.jpeg
Views:	675
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	309754

Comment

• Here's a picture. You just keep messing with the holes and the length till both doors close the way you want. It's all trial and error.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3842.JPG
Views:	669
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	309756

Comment

• Just curious, has the price of this plane gone up since the release?

Comment

• After flying my Tomcat at a show with Rich from RC informer, I’ve decided it’s time to upgrade the power system as my stock motors was so much slower than his stock motors. Mine are about 4 yrs old, and flying side by side with a newer model showed the age in speed. So I’m thinking of staying with the outrunners as I want to keep my light burner system, so the A10 system is better or what? Do I need to upgrade ESC’s also?

Comment

• I bought mine early on, $579 so it's actually gone down $20.

Originally posted by DM3MD157 View Post
                                Just curious, has the price of this plane gone up since the release?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  I bought mine early on, $579 so it's actually gone down $20.

Interesting, one would think it would have gone up especially after tariffs. Thanks for the info.

That said, this plane is intimidating me. I have several jets, FMS F-18F, FW F-35, E-flite A-10 64mm, E-flite F-15 64mm but for some reason I feel that this plane is too complex for me given all the mixing and swing wing etc. Am I just being too chicken, or is this truly a different beast?

Comment

• It is different, two 80, sweeping wings... very different than your smaller twins or 70mm single.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post
                                      After flying my Tomcat at a show with Rich from RC informer, I’ve decided it’s time to upgrade the power system as my stock motors was so much slower than his stock motors. Mine are about 4 yrs old, and flying side by side with a newer model showed the age in speed. So I’m thinking of staying with the outrunners as I want to keep my light burner system, so the A10 system is better or what? Do I need to upgrade ESC’s also?
                                      Brinka, As long as the original ESC is 100 amp each, you should have no issues.The RC Geek and others have installed the A-10 twin 80 EDF, ESC and 9-blades. Geek will have a series of vids out soon or so he has said. I will build mine later this summer, so I am looking forward to watching your progress. Best, LB

The OEM Freewing A-10 Twin 80mm EDF setup is as follows:
                                      Power System 2x 3530-1900KV Brushless Outrunner Motors
                                      Electronic Speed Control 2x 100 Amp ESCs with EC5 Connectors
                                      Propeller / EDF 2x 80mm EDFs with 9 Blade Fans
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by DM3MD157 View Post

Interesting, one would think it would have gone up especially after tariffs. Thanks for the info.

That said, this plane is intimidating me. I have several jets, FMS F-18F, FW F-35, E-flite A-10 64mm, E-flite F-15 64mm but for some reason I feel that this plane is too complex for me given all the mixing and swing wing etc. Am I just being too chicken, or is this truly a different beast?
                                        It's intimidating for sure, but I don't think it needs to be. It's heavy and has the sink rate on final approach to prove it.

Other than that with the wings out it flies like any other jet, just with less run time and a bigger financial hit when it goes in.

F-14s are just inherently cool. Can't wait to get to work on my second one. Bringing in the A-10 power system and will do one of the NASA paint schemes on her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Brinka, As long as the original ESC is 100 amp each, you should have no issues.The RC Geek and others have installed the A-10 twin 80 EDF, ESC and 9-blades. Geek will have a series of vids out soon or so he has said. I will build mine later this summer, so I am looking forward to watching your progress. Best, LB

The OEM Freewing A-10 Twin 80mm EDF setup is as follows:
                                          Power System 2x 3530-1900KV Brushless Outrunner Motors
                                          Electronic Speed Control 2x 100 Amp ESCs with EC5 Connectors
                                          Propeller / EDF 2x 80mm EDFs with 9 Blade Fans
                                          So mine came with 80 amp ESCs, so this means I will need to upgrade to 100 amp ESC, it's all good, worth it for extra thrust. Rich's stock motors left me in the dust, I could barely keep up. Happy to hear you now have one!

Comment

Working...
                                          X