Views:	749
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	119992
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• RIGHT ON :Cool:
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Who's going to be the first to throw on dual centerburners and post a video for everyone to drool over? Please...

Comment

• I have plans to do so. I ordered 3 CenterBurners yesterday, and two will go in my Mig-21 and F-5. I will order another sometime soon to put it and the spare in my F-14.
          Pat

Comment

• how does everyones sit on the mains, mine are three quarters compressed with it just sat there, very little shock absorbance left in them

Comment

• Originally posted by gazza View Post
              how does everyones sit on the mains, mine are three quarters compressed with it just sat there, very little shock absorbance left in them
              I thought mine sat a bit low too.

I opened up the struts and inserted1/4 inch long plugs in the mains to add tension to the springs. The goal is for it to sit with the springs compressed about 1/4 of available travel range.

You can also open up the slot that limits travel just a little for a bumpy runway. There' not quite 1/16 inch more total useful travel available by doing this, a little more to the extended end than the compressed end.
              Use extreme care if you extend the slot or the wheels will miss-align in the extended portion.
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Though this one has been out for a while now, it in many ways IMO is still Top Dawg (Gun?!) ... Clubmate Rob had his up recently and I enjoyed shooting a few flights:

Comment

• I still want one of those too...great shots as usual. :Cool:

Comment

• I don’t know if anyone already posted this... I tried using crushed graphite to fill in the panel lines and it didn’t look anywhere as good as the guy that posted it. I used a soft lead pencil and traced all the panel lines. It looked way too clean without it and I didn’t feel up to doing a full blown airbrush weathering job. What do you guys think?

Comment

• Paint this pink and it's still a badass bird! Looks clean, look beautiful. If you want to dirty it up, check out the RCgeek and his weathering/paneling video.

Comment

• Looks great! I agree, I would consider some light weathering but otherwise it looks nice. Good job!
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20180517_102811.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	132989Click image for larger version

Name:	20180517_103556.jpg
Views:	897
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	132990 Some of the Armament "blinged" out. Awaiting the arrival of my 8S F-4 to pirate the appropriate AIM-9's for the time period this version represents.

Comment

• Some more photos. I added Chris Wolfe's Twin Center- Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_215904.jpg
Views:	939
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	135009Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_220342.jpg
Views:	917
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	135010Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_215948.jpg
Views:	903
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	135011Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_215829.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	135012Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_215506.jpg
Views:	926
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	135013 burner setup and lined the exhausts with silver HVAC silver foil tape. What a great time to be in this hobby!
                            Last edited by vduniec; May 30, 2018, 08:30 AM. Reason: Photos didn't load the first time.

Comment

• I do the same trick with the HVAC tape. I added a video on YouTube of it. It makes the glow of the afterburner much brighter

Comment

• Way cool! Nice job!
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• EGGSELLENT!!!!
                                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                                    Who's going to be the first to throw on dual centerburners and post a video for everyone to drool over? Please...
                                    I ordered the center burners. I’ll post a picture of them in action. I had already purchased the 70mm Burners from China but I didn’t feel up to the massive surgery to mount them. The center burners are a great idea but really overpriced. I’ll also line the exhaust with aluminum ducting tape as I do with all my planes with burners. It makes a huge difference

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                                      Who's going to be the first to throw on dual centerburners and post a video for everyone to drool over? Please...
                                      Here you go. It's not in flight but it gives you a good idea of how it looks. Much brighter than Afterburner rings in my opinion.

Comment

• That’s awesome! Can’t wait to get mine. Where did you hear to line with ducting tape? Just wondering. I thought I discovered something new and posted it on here. It was an F-86. I know it didn’t have a burner but I threw it in anyway because I fly at dusk every night

Comment

• I've used the tape before and just thought it would be good for re-purposing. Initially I wanted to try it for the silver finish on leading edges of the wings but never had a plane that required that. I did it with my FW F-16 70mm with the A/B ring but it's not as effective as the Center Burner. Here's the link for the F-16 build thread I started on RCG.

Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
                                          That’s awesome! Can’t wait to get mine. Where did you hear to line with ducting tape? Just wondering. I thought I discovered something new and posted it on here. It was an F-86. I know it didn’t have a burner but I threw it in anyway because I fly at dusk every night

Comment

Working...
                                          X