X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    Or buy the PNP (since it is only $50 more than the ARF+ right now due to the sale) and the A-10 power system, then sell the stock power system. At retail, the stock power system is $255. You should easily get $150 back from that.
    Yes! Solid Copy! Many Thanks!
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Or buy the PNP (since it is only $50 more than the ARF+ right now due to the sale) and the A-10 power system, then sell the stock power system. At retail, the stock power system is $255. You should easily get $150 back from that.
      I sold both my stock 12 blades for 80... I don’t know if you have to swap the ESCs for 9 blades off the top of my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

I sold both my stock 12 blades for 80... I don’t know if you have to swap the ESCs for 9 blades off the top of my head.
        The A-10 fans spin at considerably higher kv. Freewing feels it needs 100A ESCs. Personally, I wouldn't risk those units on the F-14's 80A ESCs.

Comment

• Yeah I researched after my post haha. Someone is selling the entire stock A-10 power system for $200. Includes the brand new nacelles, complete EDFs and the dual ESCs with the BEC. It’s $300 to purchase those parts new from MotionRC including the nacelles, $240 for the rest

Comment

The one I bought back in late 2016 came with 80A ESCs, but the product page today says 100A ESCs. My A-10 came with 100A ESCs and I used those in the swap (especially because they have the extra cap packs attached). If the current F-14s come with 100A ESCs, then he'll just need the fans and motors.
            Pat

Comment

The one I bought back in late 2016 came with 80A ESCs, but the product page today says 100A ESCs. My A-10 came with 100A ESCs and I used those in the swap (especially because they have the extra cap packs attached). If the current F-14s come with 100A ESCs, then he'll just need the fans and motors.
              The current spec sheet still says 80A.

Comment

• Nice shot Pat!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  The current spec sheet still says 80A.
                  So it does. I was looking at the spare parts page and it says "100mm dual 80A ESC." I saw the 100 and stopped reading!LOL
                  Pat

Comment

Yeah I researched after my post haha. Someone is selling the entire stock A-10 power system for $200. Includes the brand new nacelles, complete EDFs and the dual ESCs with the BEC. It’s $300 to purchase those parts new from MotionRC including the nacelles, $240 for the rest

That is no longer for sale. I bought it. :) This will be going into my F-14 that I'll be buying this month. I really wish Motion would put the ARF+ on sale, they did last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                      Drop in replacement for the fans/ESC. I did have to remove some foam aft of the battery compartment though. With the lighter fans, batteries have to be farther back.
                      I will be running 5000's in mine so I'll need to remove some foam to move the batts back as far as I can and I'll probably need a little weight in the tail to get the balance.

Comment

I recently did the same to my F-14, and the difference is noticeable! Drop in replacement, although I did have to considerably shorten the wires to the ESCs from the battery plugs. Good thing there was I needed them just a tad longer than the stock cables, so that worked in my favor.
                        Apologies :-)
                        This is a full replacement of the F-14 Power plants.... Fans Motors and ESC's ..... with the A-10 Fans Motors and ESC's ? Yes?
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Yes, total powerplant replacement with A-10 equipment. Fans/motors/ESCs/UBEC.
                          Pat

Comment

Yes, total powerplant replacement with A-10 equipment. Fans/motors/ESCs/UBEC.
                            Thanks Pat!!!! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

That is no longer for sale. I bought it. :) This will be going into my F-14 that I'll be buying this month. I really wish Motion would put the ARF+ on sale, they did last year.
                              Haha awesome! I knew someone would want it and it would go quick. You can get at least $30 + shipping for the nacelle, if you don’t have the A-10. I was going to buy the A-10 a week or so ago when they were back in stock at MotionRC. The F-22 stole its place, it was what I asked for it specifically on the future airplane thread. I would have liked better lights, afterburner, and most importantly Thrust Vectoring... It still looks good enough

Comment

Haha awesome! I knew someone would want it and it would go quick. You can get at least $30 + shipping for the nacelle, if you don’t have the A-10.
                                I was going to sell the nacelle but since I do have the A-10 I may just keep it as a spare part.

Comment

• Thinking about repainting my cat now that the power swap is finished. Thinking of the last cruise paint scheme for VF-31. Will either be that or the classic Jolley Rogers scheme.

Comment

• Ok... took advantage of the sale.!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                      Just flew my F-14 after upgrading to the 9 blade fans from the A-10, and what a difference! I can cruise at a lower power settting, and the aircraft definitely feels lighter. Also added a full minute to my flight timer, landing at about 4 min of mixed throttle flying on Admiral pro 4000s. Will definitely be taking the Tomcat out to fly more often now!

Hey Brother quick question... ( Just added the Cat to the hanger) Alpha originally posted in the 1st page of this thread the following....

Mixed throttle flight time: 4:00 on 6s 4000mAh 40c. 5:00 on 5000mAh 50c. Put your timer at 3 minutes initially and gradually increase time on subsequent flights after voltage measurements, depending on your flying style.

So no real difference in Flight time with x2 4000 60C's with the A10- power plants? .... Just asking.. :-) Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Hey Brother quick question... ( Just added the Cat to the hanger) Alpha originally posted in the 1st page of this thread the following....

Mixed throttle flight time: 4:00 on 6s 4000mAh 40c. 5:00 on 5000mAh 50c. Put your timer at 3 minutes initially and gradually increase time on subsequent flights after voltage measurements, depending on your flying style.

So no real difference in Flight time with x2 4000 60C's with the A10- power plants? .... Just asking.. :-) Thanks
                                        Congrats on the new Cat! With the new power system, there was pretty sizable difference, I really was not getting that kind of flight time stock. Most of my flights with the stock system were wheels on deck by 3 min with 15% left in the packs. I had the timer set for 2:30 to give me enough juice for 1 go-around if I needed it. The A-10 power plants give me a healthy 4 minutes, landing with a 30% reserve. Next time I’ll probably bums up the timer to 4:30 and see where that leaves things. I’m sure 5:00 is within range.

Comment

• Man!! I love this forum! and all the great timely assistance ! Can't wait to get her going !
                                          YOU GUYS ROCK!!

Thanks Delta :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X