First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ;) thanks!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Hello all. It has taken a while to get back to my F14. I got the programming card and made sure each esc is programmed the same and they are both all stock settings. I took each esc and motor combo out of the plane to bench test. Using the same batteries that I fly with I tested both units. Fresh battery each time. One unit is drawing 1400W and 67.5a the other is drawing 1500w and 67.9a. Just holding the motors with my hand they certainly feel like they have enough thrust to fly. What are yalls thoughts on those readings?

Comment

• After testing of the new main gear support plates and the nose gear reinforcement I finally had time and the parts to fix the landing gear servo and wing sweep servo.

After completing the repair I notice the nose gear had a lot of play. Removed it and found what you see in the picture. There is no damage to the structural of the air frame. Nose gear is bent and servo housing is cracked

Now I’m debating on what edf to swap it with. New in runner or go with the try and true A-10

Click image for larger version

Name:	C502A499-33E5-4463-AEB7-F13894E3D980.jpg
Views:	1033
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	227790
        Planes
        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Oh Man... decisions.... 9 or 12 blade on the new in runner 80mm Would love to see what kind of flight times the F-14 would get on 2 9 glade set ups!!
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• The a10 setups probably weigh a lil less. Same rotor...id be curious to know the exact amp numers and rpm numbers between the inrunner and outrunner. Id say if you can afford it..go inrunner. They are normally more efficient

Comment

• Order 2 fw inrunner setups to 3658-1875kv and esc
              Planes
              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Sharing F-14 in-flight footage taken from an adversary in a dogfight. Not something you see everyday.
                By the way, it was modded with fms 80mm with 3280 kv 2100 inrunners. Could have continued to hold vertical if he did not back off on throttle. Enjoy!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• That is ridiculously cool!!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
                    Sharing F-14 in-flight footage taken from an adversary in a dogfight. Not something you see everyday.
                    By the way, it was modded with fms 80mm with 3280 kv 2100 inrunners. Could have continued to hold vertical if he did not back off on throttle. Enjoy!
                    That really is awesome. Ha-ha

Comment

• Apologies if I missed the update.... Any news on reinforcement plates?

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I had the opportunity around Thanksgiving to move my machine shop. Which would allow me for more machines. I took the risk. Looking to be back at it in two weeks. New machine arrives this coming week.

Getting these and the other RC project I've been working on are my first priority. I appreciate everyone understanding with this.

Click image for larger version  Name:	e5tQ3ts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.2 KB ID:	232053
                        Planes

Comment

• TG65, great shop space. What work are doing? And what new machines? I was thinking about some metal working equipment myself, lathe, mill, etcetera to do struts and bits. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                            TG65, great shop space. What work are doing? And what new machines? I was thinking about some metal working equipment myself, lathe, mill, etcetera to do struts and bits. Best, LB
                            I'm mostly a job shop but have a few products I make. All my equipment is CNC. I've got a 30hp spindle vertical milling machine that is arriving this week. My current machine is 2 hp. Machine are cheap, tooling is what gets you. I have face mill that cost 700 dollars before inserts.

Here is a hinge I made for Steve Hodges Apache 700 from Roban.

Planes

Comment

• All good man ! Thanks for the update!

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
                                Sharing F-14 in-flight footage taken from an adversary in a dogfight. Not something you see everyday.
                                That was absolutely the most fun I've ever had on YouTube haha! I had the goofiest grin on my face the whole time! My hats off to both pilots, awesome job! I wouldn't want to meet that spitfire pilot in the sky on my best day! Damn your call sign should be Superglue!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

That was absolutely the most fun I've ever had on YouTube haha! I had the goofiest grin on my face the whole time! My hats off to both pilots, awesome job! I wouldn't want to meet that spitfire pilot in the sky on my best day! Damn your call sign should be Superglue!!!
                                  Where is that “love” button when I want to smash it. Ha! Thanks for the ringing endorsement. It was not a fair fight since F-14 was not flown FPV. WE are both training on jet FPV now. Hope to do a even fight, soon. Stay tuned...
                                  YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                  Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                  Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• I've been testing EDF.. putting together my findings. Short story, stock static thurst is 7 lbs. My current setup is almost 10lbs. 2 oz weight penalty. More details to come
                                    Planes

Comment

• I wonder what im getting with the a4 fans

Comment

• Has anybody put the new fms v2 80mm 2100kv fans in the f-14? It sounds like it would be a great improvement over the stock power system.

Comment

• Just something to think about and while not that big of an issue its still worth thinking about. the UBEC is only connected to one ESC. It is ever so slightly going to draw down the battery on that side more than the other. It may not be by much but you have to think about how much of a load will be put on the UBEC when wings, gear and servos are all moving at the same time....

That being said the best way to wire this plane would be to have both batteries in parallel. When you do this you are doubling the capacity of your batteries and also helping a ton with the discharge rate! The batteries will be working together and drawing the same amount while effectively working half as hard. My buddy has done this with his bird and when I get one (not sure when this will ever be) I will be doing the same. It just easier on everything that way. Its always best to run in parallel if possible... Have any others here done that?
                                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Working...
                                          X