X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
    Just something to think about and while not that big of an issue its still worth thinking about. the UBEC is only connected to one ESC. It is ever so slightly going to draw down the battery on that side more than the other. It may not be by much but you have to think about how much of a load will be put on the UBEC when wings, gear and servos are all moving at the same time....

That being said the best way to wire this plane would be to have both batteries in parallel. When you do this you are doubling the capacity of your batteries and also helping a ton with the discharge rate! The batteries will be working together and drawing the same amount while effectively working half as hard. My buddy has done this with his bird and when I get one (not sure when this will ever be) I will be doing the same. It just easier on everything that way. Its always best to run in parallel if possible... Have any others here done that?
    I do this quite frequently with almost all my birds, for the reasons you mentioned above and because I pay less money for greater discharge rates and capacity, compared to if I tried to purchase a single battery.

Another option that I frequently use for my 6s and 8s birds is twin 3s and 4s packs in series. Same benefits, lower cost, more capacity, and greater discharge rates.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

I do this quite frequently with almost all my birds, for the reasons you mentioned above and because I pay less money for greater discharge rates and capacity, compared to if I tried to purchase a single battery.

Another option that I frequently use for my 6s and 8s birds is twin 3s and 4s packs in series. Same benefits, lower cost, more capacity, and greater discharge rates.
      I did the same thing with my 6s powered birds when I was using lower wattage chargers. the 3s packs would charge at 1c with my older chargers when the bigger 6s packs would have only charged at .5C which wasn't acceptable for me at the time. Not that I have better chargers I use the actual 6s packs. But if I can't find the packs that I want but can get the 3s then I have the series connector ready for the job.
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
        Just something to think about and while not that big of an issue its still worth thinking about. the UBEC is only connected to one ESC. It is ever so slightly going to draw down the battery on that side more than the other. It may not be by much but you have to think about how much of a load will be put on the UBEC when wings, gear and servos are all moving at the same time....

That being said the best way to wire this plane would be to have both batteries in parallel. When you do this you are doubling the capacity of your batteries and also helping a ton with the discharge rate! The batteries will be working together and drawing the same amount while effectively working half as hard. My buddy has done this with his bird and when I get one (not sure when this will ever be) I will be doing the same. It just easier on everything that way. Its always best to run in parallel if possible... Have any others here done that?
        I've had three F-14, they all seem to work just fine like it is, never had any issues with batteries or anything like that, one battery usually has less voltage per cell after a flight, were talking a very slight difference is all, nothing to worry about.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I've had three F-14, they all seem to work just fine like it is, never had any issues with batteries or anything like that, one battery usually has less voltage per cell after a flight, were talking a very slight difference is all, nothing to worry about.
          Yeah as I said its not a lot to worry about. You will get much longer flight times and better performance with parallel though.. I know its not for everyone and keeping it stock will be just fine. However I would much rather fly a plane with 8000mah of battery than just 4000... Personal preference though
          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I have 2 of the Freewing F-14 models and upgraded both to the A-10 (1900kv) motors, fans, and ESCs. I run 2 HRB 5000 each flight and can get 4-4.5 minutes per flight. This and it will leave the batteries with about 15-20% capacity remaining. I am happy with this and have not experienced any of the other issues described.

Comment

• My first time flying air to air FPV sortie in a jet (FW L-39) against F-14. FPV jet dogfighting has got to be a thing. It’s so exhilarating!!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
              Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Finally got a chance to maiden the f14!!! Ill do a lil post flight video soon...but i put 4 flights on it..and its epic!!! Definately more vertical than the stock setups. The a4 12 blades perform real nice and i qas still getting 5 min flights on 5800s. No major trim needed...overall super happy! Started on paint. Its getting there. A ways to go yet.
                Attached Files

Comment

• I love the revival this bird is seeing, keep it up, all you guys. The low-vis gray is wearing on me... Love it.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• F-14 Envy!!! Brilliant work! I need one!! no no .... 2!!!

So.... "The a4 12 blades "... you used the 80mm power plants from the Skyhawk?
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Thanks alfa!! Wait till its finished!!

Yep. A4 12 bladers

Comment

• Here is a small contribution to CN's Tomcat project.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheel Cover late Rim printed.jpg
Views:	827
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	234040

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                          Here is a small contribution to CN's Tomcat project.
                          RG, Nice touch and very kind, Sir. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                            Thanks alfa!! Wait till its finished!!

Yep. A4 12 bladers
                            Forgive my ignorance .... Better choice than the A-10 Power?

A- 4 3530 1850KV

Stock F-14 3530 1680KV

A-10 3530 1900KV
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Forgive my ignorance .... Better choice than the A-10 Power?

A- 4 3530 1850KV

Stock F-14 3530 1680KV

A-10 3530 1900KV
                              Well the A-10s are 9 blade and the A4 is 12.. perhaps this? He mentioned about already having one A4 setup as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by GarrisonR View Post

Well the A-10s are 9 blade and the A4 is 12.. perhaps this? He mentioned about already having one A4 setup as well.
                                Sorry missed that he already had them, my Bad brother ...Makes total sense ... and the 12 blade for that beautiful WOOOSH!!!!

Comment

• Ok.... so now I am obsessed..... LOL.... What are the thoughts on 2 of these??? INRUNNERS... 12 blades and same KV.....
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• I wanted a10 setups but couldnt find any used and i already had 1 a4 setup

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                      Ok.... so now I am obsessed..... LOL.... What are the thoughts on 2 of these??? INRUNNERS... 12 blades and same KV.....
                                      This is what I'm testing now.
                                      Planes
                                      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

This is what I'm testing now.
                                        I eagerly await your results!! :-)

Comment

• Video 7 is up...going over painting and detailing.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X