Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some really cool shots of y f14 at aef! Im terrible with names and ive forgotten the photographers name...but he took some stellar shots! Ive really been enjoying the f14...with the added power of the a4 power systens the performance and flight times are excellent and i just cant get enough of this model. It looks so real in the air! Im just totally in love with it :)
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
      Some really cool shots...It looks so real in the air! Im just totally in love with it :)
      CN, Yeppers, that'll do for sure. Again, great looking livery. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Brent, those are from Jeremy Solt's collection. It was either him or Justin taking the pics.
        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
          Brent, those are from Jeremy Solt's collection. It was either him or Justin taking the pics.
          Pat..no it was a younger fellow thatbwas with them. Ugh..im horrrible with names

Comment

• Finished up my EDF comparison of stock vs inrunners

Planes
            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
              Finished up my EDF comparison of stock vs inrunners
              TG, Logic seems sound and there's no denying the increase in static. Will be waiting for the your flight analysis. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Awesome video! Your gunna love it! Mine flies awesome on the 1850 outrunners so i can only imagine how good yours will do!!

Comment

• Florida Jets on March 11th - 14th in Lakeland, is mostly turbines, but I will proudly be at the event featuring the F14 Tomcat and F18 Hornet, any one else thinking of attending?

Comment

• I was planning to attend on Saturday, but as a spectator only.

Comment

• Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                      I was planning to attend on Saturday, but as a spectator only.
                      Sweet, I should be there Friday and Saturday, I have a lot of buddy’s flying some major size turbines, but the show always welcomes all type Jet pilots, this will be my 1st time flying at the event, super excited! See you there!

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                        Finished up my EDF comparison of stock vs inrunners

Hello. I have been searching and searching for someone who has done this thrust testing on the stock f14. I have been having an issue with mine and i felt like i had lost power. But after watching this video i know i have not. I get 7lbs thrust on my stock setup. I think i must have missed which inrunners you went with? can you provide a link or full description? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aces View Post

Hello. I have been searching and searching for someone who has done this thrust testing on the stock f14. I have been having an issue with mine and i felt like i had lost power. But after watching this video i know i have not. I get 7lbs thrust on my stock setup. I think i must have missed which inrunners you went with? can you provide a link or full description? Thanks.

Here you go. You will need 100amp ESC too
                          At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.
                          Planes
                          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Thank you. WOW! about $400 (assuming you need two esc's). Did you really feel the difference and think its worth it?

Comment

• I bought or had some parts

haven’t flown it yet. 3 lbs of more thrust is a lot
                              Planes

Comment

• Ok. I will wait to hear what you think. Thanks.

Comment

• thisguy65 did you think about trying the fms v2 pro 2100kv fans? A friend of mine put one in his Avanti and it has damn near unlimited vertical. I’ve never tested one but fms claims 3500 grams of thrust on 6s. Two of those should get you pretty close to a 1:1 thrust ratio.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaptorMan2275 View Post
                                    thisguy65 did you think about trying the fms v2 pro 2100kv fans? A friend of mine put one in his Avanti and it has damn near unlimited vertical. I’ve never tested one but fms claims 3500 grams of thrust on 6s. Two of those should get you pretty close to a 1:1 thrust ratio.
                                    I wanted a bolt on and go. A good friend of mine in PA as we were talking mention he is going the FMS route and from a technical aspect/ scientific point of view I went with the Freewing edf
                                    Planes

Comment

• The fms 80mm fans are a little different diameter than the freewing fans, and will require some carving to get them to fit in the Freewing airframe properly.

Comment

• scooter genie Thanks for the explanation. I’m considering going that route myself.

On another note has anyone tried wiring the the escs in parallel and running one battery like eflite’s new su-30 does? A config similar to the su-30 could be beneficial for weight savings and would make achieving cg that much easier. Is there any reason in particular that freewing went with a dual battery configuration?

Comment

• Cheap F14 cockpit work around; so here in Florida that sun bubbles the foam fast and especially for this particular canopy, (I personally hated the way it would look) so I bought a large sheet of thin black construction paper, measured and cut the paper over all the exposed foam area (entire cockpit) glued, then carefully used a thin paint brush to dot in dials and controls as scale as possible. Painted seats green. Painted and cut 4 small pieces of servo wire for iconic ejection seat handles, glued them onto seat with paper over it, and this turns out to look a thousand times better than what I had. Sure you can try to get the 3D print stuff but if you don't have access to printer this is a great work around. Whole process takes a good 2 hrs to complete.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X