Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aros...you might have had it nose heavy. Im definately behind the recomended cg mark. I dont think ive ever had this one bounce on me. But...i shortened the nose and main gear springs on mine to make them softer and the model sits lower. It does take a number of flights to really dial in the mixes..but once you do your rewarded woth a awesome flying model. I always felt my f14s were exteemely easy to land all things consodered. I hope you decide to get another!

Comment

• Aros Hey the Tomcat is one of the most difficult and complicated Jets to fly (even compared to turbines) but always rewarding! My advice is to add the Hobby Eagle pro gyro and she will always come in predictable, practice your approaches and try not to stall or come in too fast.

Comment

• Good advice Corsair nut and Brinka thanks! I won't give up...I will definitely try again one day. And wow Brinka I had to do a double take...I thought yours was a giant scale/composite...Well done!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I will need to clean out a bunch of models to make room for this plane... I have wanted one for the longest and will have to make it happen!
          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
            It seems that over the years, this thread is always active. Being ex navy, I've wanted one of these since it's release, but doubted my skill set once the wings are swept. I'm now reconsidering. What is the advantage of the wing plate mod ?
            There is not a lot of support in the main landing gear area and even the nose (another fix coming later). The plates support and give more strength to the main landing gear areas.

Here is me testing the landing gear plates. It's hard to watch but it's all about R&D.

Planes
            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
              This is one of those models that have haunted me. When I bought mine a couple years back, I had issues with roll (I have since come to realize the ESCs were not in synch/calibrated properly) and landings were unbelievably difficult for me for no apparent reason. No matter my landing approach/speed/AOA, once the nose wheel touched the pavement she would spring board back into the air and I watched helplessly as she would bronco buck a few times almost always damaging the nose gear in some manner. I had finally had enough and sold her, even though I had just painted her up with the Jolly Roger livery. My bruised ego reluctantly let her go but since then I have wanted to get another one because I am one stubborn SOB if I feel a particular model has gotten the better of me, lol. Especially when I have watched numerous videos of those enjoying theirs with non-event landings... This one has been an enigma to me. Such a cool model though!
              Stubborn SOB... haha I know the feeling all to well!
              Planes
              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200314-WA0011.jpg
Views:	971
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	242336 The scene after I flew my Tomcat at Florida Jets yesterday, I was featured by the announcer who loved both jets, and he did an excellent narration of my flights to my shock and surprise mean while flying along side massive turbines! Shout out to scooter genie who was there (also in the pic). Felt like an unofficial MotionRC rep. As I answered so many questions. I hope they sum up to a few sales for you guys, #TeamMotionRC #Freewing It was awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200314-WA0011.jpg
Views:	971
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	242336 The scene after I flew my Tomcat at Florida Jets yesterday, I was featured by the announcer who loved both jets, and he did an excellent narration of my flights to my shock and surprise mean while flying along side massive turbines! Shout out to scooter genie who was there (also in the pic). Felt like an unofficial MotionRC rep. As I answered so many questions. I hope they sum up to a few sales for you guys, #TeamMotionRC #Freewing It was awesome!
                  Looks like a great time Brinka , definitely have to try and get out there next year!

Comment

• James You guys certainly would be a hit here, it's a bit crazy flying, but truly a great time never less! Even though it is a mostly turbine show they do give awards for best electric jet, scale, and flyer, I was featured with a lot of attention by everyone here, I hope next year you guys can perhaps have a tent or something. I had so many ppl ask "where did I get the jet" next year I can just point to the tent 😉

Comment

• Epic shot of my Tomcat today from Florida Jets where yes they have a scale Tomcat on display! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200314_135210466_HDR.jpg
Views:	930
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	242419

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post
                        Epic shot of my Tomcat today from Florida Jets where yes they have a scale Tomcat on display!
                        Like a mother looking after her chick. Great photo. Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Got the pleasure of meeting Brinka at Florida Jets this weekend .....very accommodating with all the questions I had about his F 14. Man, I would have been a nervous flyer going up against those 20 grand turbine jets, but you seemed right at home ! Loved the photo passes with the wings swept. Tried to get some pics with the phone, but didn't work out very well. You're a much more accomplished pilot than I to be able to do what you did. Shout out to your spotter !Click image for larger version

Name:	20200313_161045.jpg
Views:	911
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	242512Click image for larger version

Name:	20200313_160921.jpg
Views:	892
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	242513Click image for larger version

Name:	20200313_160752.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	242514Click image for larger version

Name:	20200313_160821.jpg
Views:	877
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	242515

Comment

• scootergenie Thank you for the pics, it was truly a pleasure meeting with you, I'm glad to motivate you to pick up the Tomcat! All the best always, see you around the chat! 😉

Comment

• Definitely my next purchase from Motion, but I just popped for the venom last week. Gotta give bank account some time to recover. Lol. Your Tomcat was the fist I've actually seen in person.

Comment

• I wish I had the chance to submit this money shot for the contest! This past week at Florida Jets was magical! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200314-WA0034.jpg
Views:	903
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	242850

Comment

• Camera angle is everything. That looks like a giant scale you're squatting behind! Well done. Beautiful shot.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Dang, Jason. I didn't know they had a full scale Tomcat at that museum across from paradise field, or I would have mozied on over there and checked it out ! Great pick btw.

Comment

• Thats a great looking bird brinka!
                                      well heres a video of my f14 in flight! Big thanks to chris for putting this video together for me! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                                        Thats a great looking bird brinka!
                                        well heres a video of my f14 in flight! Big thanks to chris for putting this video together for me! :)

https://youtu.be/OFl8rkumRQ4
                                        TY so much, I saw your vid actually last night and it was outstanding footage, perhaps one of the best I’ve seen! You flew it great, and I really loved the job you did on your low vis scheme, truly great work! I also heard on vid that you upgraded the EDF’s, what do you have in there? ESC’s etc? I would like to weather my Tomcat as you did also, I did a little weathering with black chalk, and the panel lines came out beautiful. Again excellent award winning work, especially with hand painting!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                                          Thats a great looking bird brinka!

https://youtu.be/OFl8rkumRQ4
                                          Great flight! The AB's on a F-14 are a must-have item. Ha-ha

Comment

Working...
                                          X