X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    Working on the Tomcat...............and watching Top Gun.
    Oh yeah, doesn't get any better than that.

Comment

• Howdy! This may sound blasphemous, but does anyone have a non-flying kit that has everything to make a display only version of the F-14? No engines or anything. I was looking for the parts to make a 1:12 scale F-14 and this looks like it would be great to add on to to do just that. I would also like to fit it with a full cockpit to fit a 1:12 scale action figure. Do any of you guys have a busted one you want to keep the innards and just sell the body?

Comment

• Tearing up another Utah sunset with our custom painted birds. Jeremy is getting new motors for the Tomcat to try and keep up with my A-4 😆

Decals by Callie graphics

Comment

• Awesome shots J! Looks like you boys were having fun. Bring them to St George and we'll take on the A-4 2 to 1.
          Pat

Comment

• JLambCWU Truly beautiful and the sunset's not bad either. Bravo Zulu on the repaints. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Really beautiful photos and sheme...JLambCWU

Comment

• Those backgrounds are always stunning JLambCWU. Thanks for sharing

Comment

• Pat...im very much looking firward to more f14 top gun action. We can take that a4 no problem :p . I wish we had video of me and you duking it out with your f5 and my f14 at st george a few years ago

Comment

• Yeah, that was a ton of fun!
                    Pat

Comment

• Anyone fly tailerons only ?

I want to keep it simple full span flaps and tailerons

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyrabuse View Post
                        Anyone fly tailerons only ?

I want to keep it simple full span flaps and tailerons

Thanks in advance
                        RCGeek and RCInformer have video on their setup using tailerons only. This is most likely the way I will set it up as well, as the ailerons working while in swept wing can make things a little unstable. You will need a minimum of a 9ch rx and tx to do this though. I suppose another easier way to do this would be to set up a creative flight mode or mix that tunes the ailerons completely out when in swept mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by V.I.N.CENT View Post
                          Howdy! This may sound blasphemous, but does anyone have a non-flying kit that has everything to make a display only version of the F-14? No engines or anything. I was looking for the parts to make a 1:12 scale F-14 and this looks like it would be great to add on to to do just that. I would also like to fit it with a full cockpit to fit a 1:12 scale action figure. Do any of you guys have a busted one you want to keep the innards and just sell the body?
                          It’s been my experience that by the time you get to taking out the “innards” there’s not much left of the “body”

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
                            It’s been my experience that by the time you get to taking out the “innards” there’s not much left of the “body”
                            Plus, if you get to the stage where you are going to "strip" the plane down, the body is in pretty bad shape from a really bad crash.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              Plus, if you get to the stage where you are going to "strip" the plane down, the body is in pretty bad shape from a really bad crash.
                              That's kind of what I expected but you don't know until you ask. So my best bet, If I want to do it, is to just buy the components or the barebones kit and start from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by V.I.N.CENT View Post

That's kind of what I expected but you don't know until you ask. So my best bet, If I want to do it, is to just buy the components or the barebones kit and start from there.
                                You're looking at about $320 in parts just to make a complete plane without any electronics. Add $100 to that if you want the landing gear too.
                                Pat

Comment

• Or buy this one if you're near Indiana.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Freewing-F-14

Then you can remove the ducted fans and speed controllers and sell them to get some return on your money.
                                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                    Or buy this one if you're near Indiana.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Freewing-F-14

Then you can remove the ducted fans and speed controllers and sell them to get some return on your money.
                                    Unfortunately, I'm in Georgia so that'd be a bit of a haul. I'd guess getting in to this as my first high end RC wouldn't be recommended.😎 I'd hate to buy one capable of flight and gut it. I might as well customize it the way I want and learn to fly it. I want to make a GI Joe Skystriker that fits 6" Joe figures. I met someone this weekend that told me about it and he said there were some free STL files out there too for a full cockpit to fit it as well. Do you guys know anything about that?

Is there a way to mount a camera in these and fly from first person POV?

I am a complete newbie to anything other than total beginner RC Quads and such. I would need a LOT of practice to work up to something like this. It's so tempting to get in to though.

(If I do, my wife is going to kill me)

Comment

• Still working on the repaint of my second F-14, and she just got a nozzle change from the stock D version to the older A version.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5541.JPG
Views:	558
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	269704Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5542.JPG
Views:	562
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	269705
                                      Pat

Comment

• Nozzles look great, Pat! Did you design those?
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha, no they were designed by Chris K. He just posted them on thingiverse a few days ago, along with a nose gear reinforcement plate. The plate is a neat design that has the mounting screws go into the electronics bay under the canopy. The stock nose mount piece can come loose after time as one side of it is not sandwiched in the foam. This plate will keep it securely locked in place. Needs M3x50mm screws and nuts. I didn't have any screws long enough so I ordered some from Amazon.

However, I did design a fuel dump nozzle for the tail. Literally took 2 minutes to design based on your helpful hints for Fusion360. Next I'm going to try my hand at some super scale AIM-7 Sparrows.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5544.JPG
Views:	585
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	269729
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X