Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like this? This is a very old shot, mid 2015.

. Click image for larger version

Name:	bat.jpg
Views:	904
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	296364Click image for larger version

Name:	f14.jpg
Views:	890
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	296365

Comment

• Originally posted by rlcamden View Post
      Was wondering if someone could post a photo or two of how the battery tray was modded for single row 5000s? I have started to assemble mine, but am curious on how much foam to remove. I am installing the battery tray recommended by Rich from RCInformer which is the kit offered by Dustin Holloman. I am sure I have missed a post or a video/photo of the install as they all seem to be running together now. Any help would be appreciated.
      RC, Also, checkout Rich's ("the RC Informer's") video on ewe-toob of his modifications for the battery tray. Should help. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RC, Also, checkout Rich's ("the RC Informer's") video on ewe-toob of his modifications for the battery tray. Should help. Best, LB
        This. If you knew about the flat, inline battery arrangement, you should have seen it in this video.

Comment

• Thanks for the replies. I have watched Rich`s video a few times, but mainly have focused on the main gear support mods. Got that complete and now working on the nose gear/battery try. Will go back and do another review without the blinders on. Thanks again.

Comment

• Can't wait to compare the fms predator inrunners in this one with the a10 edfs, and my other f14 with the stock mig 29 inrunners. Top Gun: Maverick repaint to the Rogue F-14 spotted in the leaked production photos.

Repaint tutorial video:

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by krakenreleaser View Post
              Top Gun: Maverick repaint to the Rogue F-14 spotted in the leaked production photos.
              KR, Nicely done. She's fierce. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I have modeled two simple fuel dump ports, one shorter and one longer design on Thingiverse. It’s relatively quick to 3D print, glue, and paint. Below is a picture of it installed on my friends F-14. That one is the longer 15mm version shown in the picture.

It took a few versions to get the size right since I had to ask a friend to test it, ha-ha. I’ll get my F-14 whenever the ARF+ is in stock again.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8B6BF7B5-6FA3-412F-8AD9-65B3B39914BD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	120.4 KB ID:	298866

Comment

• TC, very nice and thank you. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks, LB. This was incredibly fast and easy to model, ha-ha. If it needs any modifications, please let me know or feel free to remix it in any way you would like. Out of the many 100’s of reference pictures or the videos of F-14 walk-arounds, I noticed some variations in the length of the fuel dump ports, as well as cut angle at the aft portion. So, I chose two lengths to chose from for the 3D prints and went with the same angle cut on both.

I hope your F-14 project is going great.

Comment

• Gents, have a question in regards to the tailerons. Is the pivot point on the collar side with the two set screws being the anchor, or visa-versa? I interpret the photos from the manual as the two set screws only tighten down to fall in the groove of the bar, but after inspection of the aluminum support, those screws are scoring into the bar. Dont won't it to fail over time. My OCD gets the best of me at times.

Comment

• Here are the F-14D wheel covers I promised to make.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpeg
Views:	784
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	298983

Attached Files

Comment

• TC, Nicely done, Sir. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thank you, LB. I’m glad to contribute. Many people have been great contributors over the years, so it’s nice to help give back.

Comment

• Hey everyone, my F- 14 is still on the bench. I want the ailerons disable when the wings are swept in. I plugged the ailerons and elevator direct into the receiver. And with a few mixes I have it, but now my retracts don't work and there is NO channel assignment for the retracts. I have a DX 9 with a admiral 10 channel.....any help

Comment

• Originally posted by davjamhan View Post
                                Hey everyone, my F- 14 is still on the bench. I want the ailerons disable when the wings are swept in. I plugged the ailerons and elevator direct into the receiver. And with a few mixes I have it, but now my retracts don't work and there is NO channel assignment for the retracts. I have a DX 9 with a admiral 10 channel.....any help
                                Most of the time channel 5 is the gear channel and if you are using it for a mix you will not be able to assign a channel.
                                AMA 424553

Comment

• No just have in the gear port and the the mixes dont use channel 5

Comment

• Give this a try. www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vGQJqxNjcE
                                    AMA 424553

Comment

• That will not work with flaps too....Thanks

Comment

• Channel 5 is the default channel for gear and switch A is the default switch for it (unless you changed it) - what does channel assign say? They should work (with a small delay). You didn't unplug the retracts and plugged them back in with wrong polarity? What does your monitor tell you when you flip the switch (switch A).

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Most of the time channel 5 is the gear channel and if you are using it for a mix you will not be able to assign a channel.
                                          You cannot create a mix if you just don't have enough channels available. The best solution would be to upgrade your transmitter that has more channels.
                                          4QR1HU9N7

Comment

Working...
                                          X