X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4qr1hu9n7 View Post

You cannot create a mix if you just don't have enough channels available. The best solution would be to upgrade your transmitter that has more channels.
    He has a DX9. It's got plenty of channels to do what he wants to do. He's already said he's been able to do what he wants. His problem is that now, his retracts don't work. He's also stated that he has not done something with mixes on the gear channel. Something else is going on. It's nothing to do with not having enough channels.

Comment

• When I do to aileron and dual elevators I have my dear channel back on 5 when I add ailerons with lapse that's when I lose my channel 5 for gear and it doesn't give me the option to assign it back to gear thanks for all your help guys and girls

Comment

• I hate talking on a microphone When I do Dual aileron Dual elevators I have my gear on channel 5 when I do Dual Aileron with flaps And dual Elevators I lose my dear channel when I go to assign the channel the gear is that in the selection

Comment

• Originally posted by 4qr1hu9n7 View Post

You cannot create a mix if you just don't have enough channels available. The best solution would be to upgrade your transmitter that has more channels.
          DX9 for me, quote ?
          AMA 424553

Comment

• The ARF+ came back in stock yesterday with 6 available, and now there’s two left. I know some people have been waiting for the ARF+ F-14, so at least there’s a chance to get it now.

Comment

• Tomcatters,

Proud Papa of a new ARF+ Kitten...WooHoo!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0597.JPG Views:	4 Size:	117.1 KB ID:	301246
              Build Time:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image_68572.jpg
Views:	1692
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	301241

Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                Tomcatters,

Name:	IMG_0597.JPG
Views:	943
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	301246
                Build Time:
                Click image for larger version Name:	Tom Cat 1000 hrs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	210.6 KB ID:	301241

Best, LB
                Woohoo! Congratulations!

Mine is delayed due to weather, but that’s understandable. It should arrive by Tuesday, although that’s an estimate.

Comment

• Congrats Elbee! Now let me get the popcorn....

My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Elbee
                    Elbee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think you should also begin a 'binge' watch of every NCIS episode and include all the associative variants. It's a process, right? Best, LB

• My heavily modified Freewing Tomcat entered into March Madness!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by David Snyder View Post
                    My heavily modified Freewing Tomcat...!
                    DS, Your F-14 is a beauty, Sir. Welcome to "Hobby Squawk". Glad to have you onboard. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thank you Elbee, your kind words are appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                        Tomcatters,

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0597.JPG Views:	4 Size:	117.1 KB ID:	301246
                        Build Time:

Name:	image_68572.jpg
Views:	1692
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	301241

Best, LB
                        Oh Elbee !!
                        Truly a work of art .
                        i was speechless from the unboxing to the bench , yet in the air .
                        Unbelievable. At the maiden i was shaking as never before, forget butterflies, you gonna have a dozen of al-37 spinning in your stomach ​​​.

little note if i may, a little warning, will might take 8 to 12 minutes before wiping the smile out of your face after landing .. just saying .

great choice.

Comment

• What's up fellas.. So I finally got around to the Maiden on my tomcat, oor should I say *****CAT. This thing is a TRAINER level easy plane to fly. I used RC Geek settings, which required some tweeking to convert from DX to NX tx (lol). Video is mostly my dumb behind chasing trim, not realizing there is a dumb rx (Admiral 10ch) in the plane. I forgot you have to actually "fly" the plane with these receivers lol. I have more than a few Spektrum AR9350 (NIB), that will accommodate the ch #'s needed to use the RCGeek settings, if you're so inclined, which I am, was. I'll post the vid w/AS3X in the Tomcat next..

Comment

• Originally posted by davjamhan View Post
                            I hate talking on a microphone When I do Dual aileron Dual elevators I have my gear on channel 5 when I do Dual Aileron with flaps And dual Elevators I lose my dear channel when I go to assign the channel the gear is that in the selection
                            At that point the gear channel on your RX becomes the input for the flaps. You will have to use AUX 2 on both the TX and RX for the gear input.

I attached pics of my Spektrum setup using an AR9350, so only 9 channels. You will be able to see a working configuration. Sometimes if all else fails, start from scratch with a new model on your TX and RX. My channel 10 is programmed for Gyro gain. Aux 2 & channel 7 is Landing Gear, and Aux 3 & Channel 8 is Wing Sweep. Using spektrum receivers with built in gyros (AS3X), you do not need a physical channel open for gyro gain or mode selection.

I don't know about other RX's with built in gyros, but using the separate HobbyEagle A3S3, I needed 2 channels open just to use all of the capabilities of the gyro.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	33.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	302463Click image for larger version  Name:	22.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.6 KB ID:	302464Click image for larger version  Name:	11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.0 KB ID:	302465

Comment

• I got some work done on designing the main wheel well side covers. I test printed them and they fit pretty good overall. I may put these on Thingiverse if there is enough interest for something like this (I imagine very little, but who knows). It at least hides a very small part of the main wheel. The wing pylons hide more and I’ll be using those too.

Name:	A4958190-5500-4C6C-A283-EC32CEB53882.jpeg
Views:	792
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	302537Click image for larger version

Name:	4F92E1DD-14D7-42D6-AA73-4D9721438B38.jpeg
Views:	782
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	302538Click image for larger version

Name:	9C2C57B5-BB9D-4289-B7FA-CCF5ECE1A440.jpeg
Views:	777
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	302539

Comment

• I'm looking to upgrade the power system on my F-14D Tomcat, by using the Mig29 each 100amp system $119.99, and the 12 blade fans 6s that our $107.99 each from motion rc. Is this possible?Also looking to upgrade elevator servos to Hitec servos, what size do I need.
                                Thanks, Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by clevelandfan View Post
                                  I'm looking to upgrade the power system on my F-14D Tomcat, by using the Mig29 each 100amp system $119.99, and the 12 blade fans 6s that our $107.99 each from motion rc. Is this possible?Also looking to upgrade elevator servos to Hitec servos, what size do I need.
                                  Thanks, Paul
                                  Paul,

Welcome to HobbySquawk! Yes, that power combo will work great in the F-14!

As for the elevator servos, the stock ones work great. I have had two of these, the first got upgraded wit hthe A-10 power system, and the current one runs on the Mig-29 inrunners. No issues with the elevator servos at all. Not sure what Hitec servos would work as replacements.
                                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by clevelandfan View Post
                                    I'm looking to upgrade the power system on my F-14D Tomcat, by using the Mig29 each 100amp system $119.99, and the 12 blade fans 6s that our $107.99 each from motion rc. Is this possible?Also looking to upgrade elevator servos to Hitec servos, what size do I need.
                                    Thanks, Paul
                                    Hi Paul. Pat’s answer above is spot-on. If you decide to still go with Hitec servos for the stabilators, the D85MG (which is the successor to the HS-5085) are as close to a drop-in fit as you can get, and they still work on the same voltage range as the stock Freewing servos.

Have fun with the F-14 .

Comment

• So it's been a while since I posted something from the Mojave Desert...

Here's Chris Wolfe's nice repaint of a Gulf War era F-14B, the "FLIR Cat" out at the recent Victor Valley EDF Fun-Fly 😎:

Please "Like", "Subscribe", and hit that Notification Bell 😁!

Comment

• My buddy Drew’s new F-14
                                        repaint and new 80mm fan units maidened on Saturday. We have four guys including me rocking out 14’s they are a blast.

Comment

Working...
                                        X