X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vicentel View Post

I'm running the stock MiG-29 power system (EDFs and 100amp ESCs) in my F-14. Also, I'm running the FMS 80mm V3 12 Blade Pro 3665 2000Kv EDF For 6S in my MiG-29 and they give me a lot of static thrust. I was thinking of swapping out what I currently have in my F-14 for the new FMS 80mm V3 12 Blade Pro 3665 2000Kv EDFs.I would just have to modify the mounting holes in the F-14 since they're in different locations on the EDF.
    I do like those. I have the V3 in my Rafale.

Comment

• Maiden +2 done on my second F-14. This one with the MiG-29 fans and ESCs. Flawless flights. Had to wear my USS Constellation T shirt with my retirement from the US Navy on the back. When I retired from the Navy in '96 I was ships company and my ceremony was held on the Flight Deck of Connie.

Click image for larger version  Name:	87EA5509-8ECC-4F77-91AC-C17B5FCE1B57.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	97.4 KB ID:	349041Click image for larger version  Name:	F948E462-866F-4786-9A91-F93A5159CE6F.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	113.2 KB ID:	349042Click image for larger version  Name:	9A2A0A50-974F-4F0B-A914-C16DA8896D18.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	349043Click image for larger version  Name:	62587CCC-C7BA-41AB-9C4B-548633F10F93.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	349044Click image for larger version  Name:	C0AF5200-D4CD-4D88-A320-C832F7725472.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	129.3 KB ID:	349045Click image for larger version  Name:	41D8BDDE-3BC4-497B-97EE-B851EDCA9BC5.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	130.2 KB ID:	349046Click image for larger version  Name:	6D4BA36E-129D-40FE-BFFF-81158FF39C8D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	112.6 KB ID:	349047

Comment

• Where can these v3 FMS fans be purchased from...?

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post
          Where can these v3 FMS fans be purchased from...?
          Google found this in about 4 seconds:

- With Up-Grade 3665 2000Kv Motor To Provide More Thrust And Less Drawing Current.- Rotor Blade Material : Nylon Composite With Fiber- Outer Diameter: 84mm- Length: 67.0mm- Weight: 320g- Rotor: 80mm , 12 Blade- Motor:: 3665 2000Kv Inru

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Google found this in about 4 seconds:

https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=9009
            thanks... only nominally diff than the v2 in thrust... or at least that's what i'm seeing. i bought a few of these from an ebay vendor and put one in the EFL F18 Blue Angels and man does it sound good and really rips... very turbine-like sound...

Comment

• Got my NSAWC blue #20 f-14a repaint finished, just waiting on decals from callie!

Comment

• Sweet! Nice job!
                Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by Nfun View Post
                  Got my NSAWC blue #20 f-14a repaint finished, just waiting on decals from callie!
                  NF, beautiful work, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I finished weathering my F-14 as well as refinishing the cockpit with 3D printed pilots, ejection seats, consoles, and yokes. Missiles are 3D printed and installed AIM 7, AIM9 and AIM 54 (phoenix). I flew it in this refinished configuration but had issues with the landing gear deploying during the landing. I managed to get her down with minimal damage (Praise God!) and its already been repaired. I did figure out the landing gear issue. I will try to get some flight video as soon as I can. The video demo's the wing-sweep, all 3 positions!

Thanks
                    Vic

Repainted Freewing F-14 Tomcat. Modeled after Wolfpack VF-1 F-14A. 3D printed Phoenix missiles (x4), Sidwinders (x2), Sparrows (x2), and Drop tanks. Also ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

I finished weathering my F-14 as well as refinishing the cockpit with 3D printed pilots, ejection seats, consoles, and yokes. Missiles are 3D printed and installed AIM 7, AIM9 and AIM 54 (phoenix). I flew it in this refinished configuration but had issues with the landing gear deploying during the landing. I managed to get her down with minimal damage (Praise God!) and its already been repaired. I did figure out the landing gear issue. I will try to get some flight video as soon as I can. The video demo's the wing-sweep, all 3 positions!

Thanks
                      Vic
                      Nice pilots, seats and missiles. Do you have a source for the seats, missiles and the missile decals?

Comment

I finished weathering my F-14...Thanks Vic
                        Vic, Bravo Zulu, Sir. Stunning repaint/customization work on your Tomcat. She is gorgeous. Best, Steve
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Nice pilots, seats and missiles. Do you have a source for the seats, missiles and the missile decals?
                          Hi kallend - The pilot stl files I got from cgtrader (RCGeek sent me the links). The ejection seats and consoles I purchased from the RCGeek. The missiles I got from thingiverse, just search for Freewing F-14. The missile markings I made from a scaled up scan of a 1/48 scale Tamiya F-14A model. After the scan the decals were printed on either a white or clear water transfer laser printer paper I purchase from Amazon.

Cheers,
                          Vic

Comment

• Honey, I shrunk the kids!

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
                              Honey, I shrunk the kids!

That is hilarious. I love those things. I made a "Fatty F-18" out of his plans and flew it for 2 years. If that guy made this F-14 for selling, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. He's an artist. I'm just not that into building stuff like that anymore.
                              OH wait! He does sell them. Now I'm going to have to go find his website. Found it. Going to order one.
                              Thank you so much for showing this to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                Going to order one.
                                Coming via EMS. Should have it in a week or so.

Comment

• While a pusher prop I think modding to a twin 50 would be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    While a pusher prop I think modding to a twin 50 would be awesome.
                                    One fellow already did it. I may do same after I've flown it and see how it goes.
                                    I don't know why he's wearing a motorcycle helmet to fly it.

Doesn't that flying site look oddly familiar - like the place that the first releases of the Freewing MIg29 were crashing?

Comment

• I just held one at my buddy's yesterday. Too cool! He said out of all his jets he flies at his club (you name it, 70/80/90mm), that one by far gets the most attention.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                        I just held one at my buddy's yesterday. Too cool! He said out of all his jets he flies at his club (you name it, 70/80/90mm), that one by far gets the most attention.
                                        For sure, that's the case at my field, too. However, it's by far, the one that causes my butt to clench the tightest when I fly it. Many have asked, "When will you bring the F-14 again?" My answer usually is, "When my backside releases its tension".

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          ...However, it's by far, the one that causes my butt to clench the tightest when I fly it. Many have asked, "When will you bring the F-14 again?" My answer usually is, "When my backside releases its tension".

Yes sir, he said boy ya better keep power on 3/4 to full the entire flight AND fly her butt to the ground or you are in for a bad day.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X