Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like everyone is updating their jets with the inrunners. Thanks for posting. Any video?
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
      Seems like everyone is updating their jets with the inrunners. Thanks for posting. Any video?
      I didn’t, but I’ll try and take some next time out.

Comment

• Bit by the Tip Stall last week and need to re-paint the nose. Does anyone know the paint code for Home Depot for the Nose?

I got lucky and the only damage was the right wing tip and the crunched nose. Carefully applied boiling water to the nose removed most of the crushed foam then sanded out the Gatoring of the foam.

I didn't think I was that slow on landing but the tip stalled at about 3 feet from the ground.

Comment

• I recently purchased the A6 high performance model I did put a AR636 With the gyro. My maiden did not go so well, it took off really scale with little control input from me. But as soon as I increased power and started to turn the ass of the plane was going crazy. It was going up and down fighting the gyro, I did notice when I was bench testing the elevator would angle down due to the thrust from the engine. In hinge sight I should have not taken her up.

Since then I have read these threads about the elevator servos not been adequate. MotionRC confirmed this to me and told me to upgrade those servos. It is a little frustrating that a PNP model which I paid $800aud for plus the battery comes with a known issue like this.

Anyway I have always wanted this model so MotionRC gets another $800aud out of me and I had to get two servos to fix this known issue. I’m disappointed that they would sell a model at this price with a known issue which is easily fix at the factory.

Comment

• I have had two A-6’s and the elevator servos are fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scope26 View Post
              I recently purchased the A6 high performance model I did put a AR636 With the gyro. My maiden did not go so well, it took off really scale with little control input from me. But as soon as I increased power and started to turn the ass of the plane was going crazy. It was going up and down fighting the gyro, I did notice when I was bench testing the elevator would angle down due to the thrust from the engine. In hinge sight I should have not taken her up.

Since then I have read these threads about the elevator servos not been adequate. MotionRC confirmed this to me and told me to upgrade those servos. It is a little frustrating that a PNP model which I paid $800aud for plus the battery comes with a known issue like this.

Anyway I have always wanted this model so MotionRC gets another $800aud out of me and I had to get two servos to fix this known issue. I’m disappointed that they would sell a model at this price with a known issue which is easily fix at the factory.
              May I suggest not using a gyro in this model, you really, really don't need it. It's a mid-winged trainer basically, I'd argue that you wouldn't be shelling out another 800aud if it wasn't installed on your maiden.

I flew mine about 12 flights before I finally gave up on the ratcheting, jittery at times elevator servos. I kept adjusting the mechanics on the servo horns and control horns as well as programming servo speed and adding expo to try and tame her tail. Swapping out the servos finally did the trick. But at no time was she uncontrollable as your fighting gyro experience.

She's a docile flyer, I don't have the high performance one. For complete transparency, I also never use a gyro, I took the Aurora gyro out of my Flexjet before it's maiden. So although I'm not pro gyro, trust me when I say this bird doesn't need one.

Comment

• I think it’s more of a linkage geometry than bad servos. I had to do some work on mine to get it working smooth. It’s a strange setup with two servos.

I use the AR636 in mine. I’ve learned to program the AS3X for the feel I want for each jet. It helps to smooth things out a bit like a car suspension.

Good luck to you on your next flight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  I have had two A-6’s and the elevator servos are fine.
                  I don't know how you do it Evan but you seem to get all the perfect kits..
                  I bought the Intruder as well, love the looks of it, that was the worst jet I had ever purchased, I should have sent it back but I went ahead and built it, servos are junk, elevators had issues for sure, parts fit wasn't all that great and it flew like a fat pig, did I get a bad one, you bet, best moment came when I sold it to my buddy for like $100 because he wouldn't take it for free, he loved it and flew it several times until it ended its life into a chainlink fence.....

Comment

• Well, I hated the first one. The whole story is in the RCU thread... but the elevator servos, all the servos were fine. The second one was a newer version and it flies very well...

Comment

• Thanks guys I really appreciate the responses and suggestions. I will not be using a gyro on my next one, the gyro also jammed the elevator up and broke the linkage off the rudder horn. But the next one no gyro and as suggested I will insure the linkages are aligned correctly, and just to be on the safe side I’m changing the servos from 9g to 12g to help with any elevator flutter.

once again thank you it’s my first time posting and the knowledge you have passed on is invaluable.

Fingers crossed on the Maiden, and safe and happy flying guys.

Comment

• Interesting color scheme for the A-6, a 1965 camo test.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Very nice. Love the field. you guys are blessed.
                          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Just purchased the A6 Intruder, super excited to fly it. Question on where everyone is installing the receiver, any pictures? thanks in advance...

Comment

• Filter, top right corner. Show photos only...

Comment

• Hey pilots,

Git this bird recently. Was doing some taxi tests yesterday...getting the nose gear aligned as is often the case with any nose gear. Noticed a very strange thing. During roll out with some power she seems to track fine. Once off the throttle at what seems to be a certain speed she just starts going hard right. Almost radically. Kind of like a tail dragger with too much speed when you turn. Never seen this in any of mine EDF jets.
                                I had a bit of crossing but the tail isn't very big on the A6 so I know it's not weather veining. Did some runs with no cross and does the same thing. Kinda scary considering we fly in a big parking lot at a university and those pesky light poles have claims many pilots noses...lol.

Been looking through this thread but not seeing much. Anyone else see this?

thanks

Comment

• Gecko 17,

When I first taxied mine one of the pins for the 90' retracts had fallen out and it became very hard to steer. It was the pin that rotates the gear 90' when it goes up or down.
                                  Once I fixed this it rolled straight.

Comment

• ive still got one of the first A6's i really like the looks but didnt fly it till just recently (long story) anyway it seems that the elevator trim is crazy.. that is i need all the up trim i can get one flight and all the down trim the next also the elevator servos just dont seem right... they snap like a tooth is missing when i manually move the elevator.. metal gear servos arriving today. hope it all fits in there easy lol ill keep ya advised ..

Comment

• Not sure if you've seen my posts (mostly on RCG)... I've had/ have two A-6's. I got one of the very first and then was given a second one painted in my old squadron's markings.

The first one flew horrible, I could never get a balanced CG spot. It was just unstable no matter how far forward or back I moved the CG. It sounds like what you are describing.

The second one had some design changes. Most notable is the battery area is redesigned but I think the wing has more washout too. The new one is absolutely balanced anywhere near the book CG value, it's very stable and totally unlike flying the first one I had.

Comment

• Thanks shipmate. The servo-ectome went well new metal gear servos dropped in only slightly wider then old nylon stock servos. Elevator feels much better very smooth with metal gear servos. Will try it out tomorrow. Ill let ya know if i have evans old plane lol. Might have to give it away if it still acts up on me and get the new one. I did replace the old fan with a 9 blade i really like the power to get off grass.

Comment

• I also put the high power A-4 outrunner fan in mine, I feel it has pretty close to the same power as the new inrunner, it makes a big difference.

Comment

Working...
                                          X