Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    Speed brake is now functional.

Wow! You are an artiste! I've seen these on the real thing but I'm curious to hear from you what the model will do when you deploy it. Do you think it will upset the balance of the plane if deployed in the air?

Comment

Did you have a satellite on it ?
      Great question!

Comment

• I agree, always check everything!!! don’t assume that only because you buy the best equipment money can buy, failures won’t occur.
        When it comes to receivers, one has to find the proper rx for the application needed. I would think most people won’t use a park flyer rx on a giant scale model or a $200 rx in a park flyer.
        There are radio system that only use single receiver unit and both single and diversity antennas and work great.
        I don’t want to start a debate about what system is better than the other, they all have advantages and disadvantages. My personal reasoning is that, a system that needs a receiver plus satellites to work properly, does not give me a warm feeling and just adds another point of failure.

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

Thanks for posting this! Always check everything over!! ALWAYS!! I have had issues with the box in my Mig-21 and never flew it with the box in there. I just went through the effort to change out all the connections to Y. No use in risking the model even if it were replaced by MotionRC. Its kinda out of Motions hands since its made by Freewing anyway. Motion will always take care of you on the customer service side though! But don't let that prevent you guys from doing your due diligence with testing!

Comment

• First this is not an attack on you.

If you think this please don't use Spektrum. To get the best reception you should use satellites. If you have a system that supports two satellites use two. And don't put them in bad places. Since we are talking F-18 my receiver is a 12ch Orange full range with the two long antennae. I have this under the floorboards with one antennae going aft and the other forward. Alone not the best setup, but I have two full range Spektrum brand satellites. One is under the starboard vertical stab and the other in the forward nose retract area forward of the wheels when retracted. Both in very good areas where there is no shading of my antennae from any direction. I'm careful about my placement and I have not had an issue since going to 2.4 years ago. Thousands of flights, hundreds of planes. Not one.

Originally posted by Lcacing View Post
          My personal reasoning is that, a system that needs a receiver plus satellites to work properly, does not give me a warm feeling and just adds another point of failure.

Comment

• There is a possibility that the receiver is at fault, but i've used both types in my jets with no problem. However my flying buddy just got a new F18 BA and right away had control issues fortunately before he flew it for the first time. After thorough testing he determined that the problem was the aileron servos were bad right out of the box. After replacing them everything worked properly and he has flown it several times with no issues at all. This is a great looking plane and it flies very nicely and I'm going to order one soon. I would recommend that everyone who has purchased one be sure to check everything on the bench and do range checks before you fly. My friend and I together own 8 Freewing jets and have had very few quality issues with them but high production can result in QC issues, so make sure before you fly!

Comment

• Not it sure why I would think that?
              The system I use does not require or support satellites, One rx with the antennas installed.
              My post was more towards the comment that diversity antennas are not good enough on rx’.
              The difference is more on how the system is design. If satellites are required then use them.
              Ive also been fortunate to never had signal loss, even back in the FM days.

Just my opinion, not making assumption of actual performance of different systems. If it works, send it 😎

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              First this is not an attack on you.

If you think this please don't use Spektrum. To get the best reception you should use satellites. If you have a system that supports two satellites use two. And don't put them in bad places. Since we are talking F-18 my receiver is a 12ch Orange full range with the two long antennae. I have this under the floorboards with one antennae going aft and the other forward. Alone not the best setup, but I have two full range Spektrum brand satellites. One is under the starboard vertical stab and the other in the forward nose retract area forward of the wheels when retracted. Both in very good areas where there is no shading of my antennae from any direction. I'm careful about my placement and I have not had an issue since going to 2.4 years ago. Thousands of flights, hundreds of planes. Not one.

Comment

That is simply Awesome! Nice work and please follow up with the painted photo :)

Thanks for sharing
                Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Lcacing View Post
                  Not it sure why I would think that?
                  The system I use does not require or support satellites, One rx with the antennas installed.
                  My post was more towards the comment that diversity antennas are not good enough on rx’.
                  The difference is more on how the system is design. If satellites are required then use them.
                  Ive also been fortunate to never had signal loss, even back in the FM days.

Just my opinion, not making assumption of actual performance of different systems. If it works, send it 😎
                  A single set of two antennas installed properly is plenty good enough for full range on most radio systems, but definitely not Spektrum. Most people on these forums use Spektrum and thus thinks accordingly. Not saying anything for or against, radio systems are simply different.
                  Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    Wow! You are an artiste! I've seen these on the real thing but I'm curious to hear from you what the model will do when you deploy it. Do you think it will upset the balance of the plane if deployed in the air?
                    Good question and I am not sure but I will find out. Up high...very high.

Comment

Unreal!The modifications you and others like Bobaroo, LB and many more are doing is simply out of this world. Freewing needs to hire you guys as consultants. I labor with some minor modifications and worry about taking off and landing and you guys are on a different planet, no, universe. It's just a real treat to see the things you are capable of, keep it up, I need all the heroes I can get. After you finish painting and setting up your livery, take it out and trim it up for perfect flight and then I'll send you my address where you can ship it to.
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

That looks good. Sounds to me like a servo is going bad and it is affecting others. If you have a servo tester, start checking them. Also, pull your elevator servos and make sure the wires are not damaged.
                        Thank you,
                        I tired it with a different receiver and a servo tester with the same results. I had a pair of elevator servos from the FW F-15 and replaced both F-18 servos - problem is gone. Maybe there was a bad run of servos? Alpha did all that F-18 testing and they didn't have any problems - so, I don't know what caused this. The right flap ratcheting has disappeared - go figure.
                        Thank you for your inputs!

Comment

• Ok, Ok, I am in ! Gray PNP .... Mystery Livery!
                          Attached Files
                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                            Ok, Ok, I am in ! Gray PNP .... Mystery Livery!
                            E4DG, Not even a hint? I wouldn't say a thing to anyone... Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Oh Ok!
                              Here you go !
                              Attached Files
                              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by TPS View Post

Thank you,
                                I tired it with a different receiver and a servo tester with the same results. I had a pair of elevator servos from the FW F-15 and replaced both F-18 servos - problem is gone. Maybe there was a bad run of servos? Alpha did all that F-18 testing and they didn't have any problems - so, I don't know what caused this. The right flap ratcheting has disappeared - go figure.
                                Thank you for your inputs!
                                Beautiful looking bird. I hope all is good with it now.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how it operates in the air, and how much down-elevator to compensate.

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                    Oh Ok!
                                    Here you go !
                                    Gonna be quite a few of those - completely understandable ❤️

Comment

• Shipping notification received :-) Yeah

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax View Post
                                        Shipping notification received :-) Yeah
                                        BA or gray?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax View Post
                                          Shipping notification received :-) Yeah
                                          Not yet me for the blue one :(

Comment

Working...
                                          X