• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	f-18 at lake bed.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	214478 Video of F-18 last weekend. Thanks Tony.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWn3...hOx4b78XX5-Igc

Comment

• That's pretty dang sweet! Nice!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by flyAA View Post
        Has a anyone used a rustoleum 2x spray that matches pretty close to the grey? Thanks
        Not sure how close it is to the factory paint, but 2X Winter Grey looks pretty close. I have seen a few planes painted in that color and it looks fairly close to US Military modern grey. Since there aren't too many 2X colors that match military colors, I am going to be trying Tamiya and Model Master acrylics in an airbrush rather than trying to find a color in the 2X range that is right. Thankfully I only need to paint small areas as I can't imagine trying to airbrush an entire plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post

Not sure how close it is to the factory paint, but 2X Winter Grey looks pretty close. I have seen a few planes painted in that color and it looks fairly close to US Military modern grey. Since there aren't too many 2X colors that match military colors, I am going to be trying Tamiya and Model Master acrylics in an airbrush rather than trying to find a color in the 2X range that is right. Thankfully I only need to paint small areas as I can't imagine trying to airbrush an entire plane.
          Awesome thanks!

Comment

• Are any pilots having issues with main gear doors not closing?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	E8EA71A3-5DBA-421E-802B-66DEF7E76768.png
Views:	816
Size:	552.0 KB
ID:	214753

Comment

• Great day for flying and troubleshooting the gear doors.

Comment

• As I’ve posted (probably in RCG) I had the LG catch on the lip of the well. I loosened the gear at the pin and added a touch of toe out and slightly beveled the inner lip of the foam. Did it about 50 flights ago and no issues since.

Where are you balanced at?

Comment

• Ruth, where have you got your C.G.? Obviously way back to get those neat wheelies. Mine is around 95mm but cannot get her to pop like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
                    Ruth, where have you got your C.G.? Obviously way back to get those neat wheelies. Mine is around 95mm but cannot get her to pop like that.
                    did you see the head winds? That would explain most of it :)

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by RuthR720 View Post
                      Great day for flying...
                      RR, Roger that. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• It flies great with the CG around 100mm.

Comment

• Team Horizon recently announced an 80mm F/A-18D two-seater version of the Hornet. More scale main landing gear, but list price is $469 - $10 less than FW's PNP, for a smaller EDF and no lights.

Comment

• Wow, I don't own any Eflite jets or any Eflite planes actually, I fly only Freewing but I tell you, that Hornet looks really good, love the gear, looks like they got that right, not knocking FW but one of the things I did not like about their F-18 was the gear, actually didn't care for how it flew either and sold both of mine, this one looks good, I might have to give Eflite a try on this one.

Comment

• That's a lot of money to spend on an eflite model. Plus give it a year and they'll discontinue it and you won't be able to get spares.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
                                That's a lot of money to spend on an eflite model. Plus give it a year and they'll discontinue it and you won't be able to get spares.
                                You got that totally right. Looks nice and I would love to have one, but HH isn't shy about their gouging practice. What do you get for the extra money in the 80mm size, that the Freewing planes already give you in the 90mm size?...

Comment

• Wondering what the marketing hype on this one will be...

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
                                    That's a lot of money to spend on an eflite model. Plus give it a year and they'll discontinue it and you won't be able to get spares.
                                    To funny right there , I didn't know that about Eflite, never owned any, if that's the case then I will pass for sure, do love the gear though.

Comment

• If I'm not mistaken, the EFlite brand is being produced by FMS, at least for the jets.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Hey Guys, I just received my f18, and im psyched to get assembling and painting etc. etc.. other than the bulletin regarding the elevator servo wire chafing and loose mount problem, what should I do or NOT do when it comes to the build of this model?

Comment

• Originally posted by rcSpanky View Post
                                          Hey Guys, I just received my f18, and im psyched to get assembling and painting etc. etc.. other than the bulletin regarding the elevator servo wire chafing and loose mount problem, what should I do or NOT do when it comes to the build of this model?
                                          Take the slop out of the pivoting rod for the full flying stab by undoing the 4 retaining screws and lay in a strip of paper in the bearing retainer top and bottom.

Take care when you position the wires for the rudder servos when you bolt on the vertical stabilizers.

Test your elevator servos. If they are juddery through their motion or even just towards the end of their motion. Bin them. The hybrid metal gear servos are not up to the job of that full flying stab in my opinion. Get the full metal gear versions as used in the 90mm F22 on it's full flying stab.

Check the security of your canopy. I lost mine on maiden. Piece of ply on the back of the canopy does not have a pre drilled hole for the pin and in fact doesnt line up with the pin. And the pin of the latch itself is also rather short. I added magnets either side of the latch and on the canopy itself.

Ignore manuals c of g recommendation of 88mm. Instead go to 90mm. This is easy done. Fingers on the back corners of the plastic forward wing mounting plate.

Add an additional and longer velcro strap for the battery. Also do away with the rubber battery gripped in favour of velcro on the tray and the battery. These are big heavy batteries and you never want them shifting position in any model. But especially not in a jet.

Think that's everything..

Comment

Working...
                                          X