X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
    Odd to me that guys are running them so close to the bulk head.

Here

Example
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1017.jpg
Views:	1039
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	215433
    Mine is that far forward because of the EDF combo I have in mine. Not sure if it needs to go that far forward on a stock powered bird.
    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Sorry to ask this but I’ve searched closely for a simple fix. A friend of mine has the Blue Angel F-18. It flew well on its maiden flight but with the second flight, there’s no response on the flaps. Any places to look? Thanks for taking the time to help

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Yet they skimped out on main gear doors??
        Yeah true,

The manually actuated doors are a pain on the FW though.

Did the maiden the other day on my base grey one and hope to get some more packs through her tomorrow. She is one nice flying model!!!! Just really keen to get out and fly it again. I've flown a good portion of the FW range and I have to say its close to one of my favorites to fly so far. some more setup and tweaking and lets she were she ends up.

Landing is a breeze. looks great in the pattern.

Comment

• Finally pulled the trigger on the B/A F18 just now. Fingers crossed it ships out today so I can get started on it early next week!

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
            Finally pulled the trigger on the B/A F18 just now. Fingers crossed it ships out today so I can get started on it early next week!
            JC, Looking forward to watching your build. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Bobaroo, where did you get those jet pilots above and what scale are they???

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
                Bobaroo, where did you get those jet pilots above and what scale are they???
                Custom made for me. Any size I need. Even Russian Dudes for my MiG-21 !!!

Not running any Pilots in the FW F-4D until I can get my 1:11.6 Stuff Made up !!! OhWell ... I'll post when I've got something done. Cheers ! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191005_102148.jpg
Views:	765
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	215640Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190929_191052.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.4 KB ID:	215639

Comment

• I'm interested in getting some modern day 1/11th scale jet pilots for my FW F-18 and FW A10. Where can I get them?

Comment

• Elbee, when I sent the file in to get an instrument panel made I was only sent back the top half. Is that a mistake by the person printing the file and there should be more to it??

Comment

• RCJETDUDE/ Radar Guy, where can I get the file to make those pieces for the F-18 instrument panel.??

Comment

Elbee, when I sent the file in to get an instrument panel made I was only sent back the top half. Is that a mistake by the person printing the file and there should be more to it??
                        DM, If your 3DP print looks like my pictures below, your print is correct. When I scaled my original CAD drawing to the area provided in the OEM model, the height cuts off the lower portion for the NAV MFD (Multi Function Display). The 3DP print fits in the area (Height & Width) provided by Freewing and is just slightly wider (Instrument spread) than scale to fill the space. I am currently designing a 'tub' to add depth to the cockpit to provide for more of the instrument panel and cockpit details. Any questions/comments, PM me. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0093.JPG Views:	0 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	215679Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0094.JPG Views:	0 Size:	68.3 KB ID:	215680
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I'm interested in getting some modern day 1/11th scale jet pilots for my FW F-18 and FW A10. Where can I get them?
                          DM, I used the Jet Hanger Hobbies (JHH) 1/10th Scale Modern Era pilot for my Freewing A-10 which looks great for scale. I used the JHH 1/12th Pilots for my Freewing F-4 and those were a bit small, but worked out well, I think. For my Freewing F-18, I will either use the JHH 1/10th or modify the OEM pilot to fit the new tub. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0096.JPG Views:	0 Size:	101.4 KB ID:	215682Click image for larger version  Name:	007.JPG Views:	0 Size:	112.8 KB ID:	215683
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	Blue Angels Boss Frosch Closeup Taxi.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.3 KB ID:	215686Click image for larger version  Name:	phantom3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.4 KB ID:	215687 ...

These Pilots sit Higher and more forward in their respective Cockpits than most people would want to deal with. Depending upon your particular 'Accuracy' criterion, you may or may not be satisfied with nearly All the current offerings for Pilots in the 1:12 through 1:10 Range !! If you have some measure of 'Patience' and are looking for a properly Sized Modern Pilot for your projects, then I'm confident one will be made available at some point. Either run with a 'Close Enough' Dude in your Jet or in my case, Run without anything. With the Later being preferred anyway for static display with a 'Fixed Canopy' installed (since the Mis-Sized Dude cannot be easily removed) in lieu of a Properly Sized Dude.

Or, alternatively, you can simply 'Build' your own Seat and 'Create' your own Dude for it Hahahahaha . GL !!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191006_111149.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	215690

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                              Click image for larger version Name:	Blue Angels Boss Frosch Closeup Taxi.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.3 KB ID:	215686Click image for larger version Name:	phantom3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.4 KB ID:	215687 ...

These Pilots sit Higher and more forward in their respective Cockpits than most people would want to deal with. Depending upon your particular 'Accuracy' criterion, you may or may not be satisfied with nearly All the current offerings for Pilots in the 1:12 through 1:10 Range !! If you have some measure of 'Patience' and are looking for a properly Sized Modern Pilot for your projects, then I'm confident one will be made available at some point. Either run with a 'Close Enough' Dude in your Jet or in my case, Run without anything. With the Later being preferred anyway for static display with a 'Fixed Canopy' installed (since the Mis-Sized Dude cannot be easily removed) in lieu of a Properly Sized Dude.

Or, alternatively, you can simply 'Build' your own Seat and 'Create' your own Dude for it Hahahahaha . GL !!

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20191006_111149.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	215690
                              LOL, the alligator cracked me up. That custom seat is amazing though, and that alligator us a close second.

Comment

• I originally pre-ordered this Hornet, but cancelled due to a flying field closure at that time. So, I'm looking to reorder, but I let some time go by in hope of some kome kinks being worked out by the time I order. Supposedly there was a small percentage of Hornet's affected by some issues.

For Motion or anyone who has recently purchased either color scheme (but some apply directly to the Gray one), does the current stock on the website available for purchase contain an updated F/A-18C of any kind?

For example, is there adequate glue on the stabilator mount plates, any updates to the servos (are they all metal geared or hybrid), any control box issues, gray colored molded plastic mount pieces instead of blue, etc.?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

LOL, the alligator cracked me up. That custom seat is amazing though, and that alligator us a close second.

Hahahahaha.. Thanks, I crack myself up too sometimes !! Everybody's gotta love a good 'GatorJet' .... Cheers !!

Are you the kinda Guy that runs 'Stock' electronics in your stuff ?? I personally wouldn't care what Elevator or Aileron Servos come in a Jet. Even the Rudders need to be changed out if I'm after Precision and Reliable Movement. I'll use the stock stuff on Flaps, NoseWheel Steering maybe and stuff like TailHooks and Bomb Release Mechanisms. Soooooooo to me, They're not 'Completely' useless !!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190620_170416.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.2 KB ID:	215703Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190620_164934.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	215704

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	C3167BFD-8201-44D4-A49E-DE5D9DEEDCF3.jpeg
Views:	675
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	215706 Still stock servos... another hand full of flights today...

Comment

• Radar-Guy, can I get a copy of the files for the full cockpit instrument panel and cockpit area? I would gladly pay for the files if available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Hahahahaha.. Thanks, I crack myself up too sometimes !! Everybody's gotta love a good 'GatorJet' .... Cheers !!

∆ Are you the kinda Guy that runs 'Stock' electronics in your stuff ?? I personally wouldn't care what Elevator or Aileron Servos come in a Jet. Even the Rudders need to be changed out if I'm after Precision and Reliable Movement. I'll use the stock stuff on Flaps, NoseWheel Steering maybe and stuff like TailHooks and Bomb Release Mechanisms. Soooooooo to me, They're not 'Completely' useless !!

Name:	IMG_20190620_170416.jpg
Views:	857
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	215703Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190620_164934.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	215704
                                        I used to modify almost everything . Now a days the altering comes with what I feel is necessary for a given circumstance. I've had good fortune with maintaining stock electronics (altough I usually change the EDF power system) in Freewing's PNP EDF jets for more than several years, so I tend to keep most of it as comes out of the box. I'll likely keep the stock servos in this aircraft if it all checks out well. However, if I decide to run tailerons, push the aircraft to faster speeds, perform more aerobatics, then I'll likely change those to digital Hitec 5085's I have currently sitting around (since they are here it would be easy to change out, but I prefer they go in a different jet I'm building). I'll also be adding a servo driven tail/arresting hook, then a repaint with graphics, and a new pilot figure, so nothing too extensive.

Comment

• Coolio !!!

I run a whole bunch of Different Weapons and Stuff (Camera Pods Various ECM Sensors,... etc) under mine, each of which affects my Trim !! Having to constantly adjust Trim warrants very fine trim adjustments along with Servos that will accommodate those constant Configuration driven Trim adjustments. It's unfortunate I cannot get the precision on even Rudder or Steering Servos out of a 'Stocker' ... Costly, yes, but a necessity when dabbling in these Realms !! Apparently, some Guyz are running these $9.99 Servos on their 'Foamies' at 140mph !!! And happy with them... Go figure. Hahahahaha GL !! Cheers !!

Flying' around like 'This' changes the EDFGame considerably !! This thing really messes with the FlightDynamics !!

Name:	RickHiltonPK.jpg
Views:	987
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	215723Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190301_160333.jpg
Views:	926
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	215722

Name:	36473322136_7264b6a6f9_b.jpg
Views:	983