X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bellke View Post
    I'm really seriously considering ordering an F-18 but have a question. As I was going through this thread, there seemed to be a lot of issues with the elevator servos with the recommendation to replace them with metal gear ones. However looking at the product specs, it lists metal gear servos for the elevators. Has the stock servos been upgraded or are they calling the hybrid servos "metal gear". Trying to determine if I should order a pair and swap them out or not. Thanks
    Mine came with full metal servos already installed.

Comment

• I have well over 100 flights on the old hybrid servos...

Comment

• A close friend of mind lost his yesterday and the post mortem was definitely the elevator servo. Plane was demolished except for parts of the wing and one elevator. We reached over to feel the servo and it completely spun around. The other elevator was pretty beat up and servo intact. I’d pay extra myself just to put in some decent servos. I mostly fly turbines and we own three PNP’s from BVM. If you’ve gone to their website, you’ll notice they’re going to a higher quality servo also. People will pay for the quality just like they’re paying for an inrunner right now. (That’s when the price is within reason). I have a FW F-4 and now considering switching over my elevator servo too.

Comment

I'm really seriously considering ordering an F-18 but have a question. As I was going through this thread, there seemed to be a lot of issues with the elevator servos with the recommendation to replace them with metal gear ones. However looking at the product specs, it lists metal gear servos for the elevators. Has the stock servos been upgraded or are they calling the hybrid servos "metal gear". Trying to determine if I should order a pair and swap them out or not. Thanks
          I have a friend that lives in your area... we used to fly together here in the Bay Area!

Also the plane will be fine stock. They made changes and have a bulletin explaining where to look for glue that may be lacking.
          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I have a friend that lives in your area... we used to fly together here in the Bay Area!

Also the plane will be fine stock. They made changes and have a bulletin explaining where to look for glue that may be lacking.
            Got my F-18 in November, checked according to the service bulletin and everything was fine. Done a lot of flights now and everything works perfect on stock setup.

Comment

• Hugh I sent Chris the 3D files that Elbee has on the 3D forum. He was ill and just now getting back on his feet. I'll show them once they come in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
                Hugh I sent Chris the 3D files that Elbee has on the 3D forum. He was ill and just now getting back on his feet. I'll show them once they come in.
                10-4, thanks for the heads up.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Vapor trail vid by Buddy, this was completely unplanned, I didn’t realize there was a puddle there, but man oh man how beautiful this take off looked! Flying her on my old 90mm outrunner fan from freewing F16, this power set up gives me tons of vertical and 100mph passes. I really fly her aggressively and scale, outstanding job by Buddy on the camera! Had I had the center burner it would’ve looked even more cool. (Just installed the light burner kit today) vid coming soon!

Comment

• I
                    Originally posted by Brinka View Post
                    Vapor trail vid by Buddy, this was completely unplanned, I didn’t realize there was a puddle there, but man oh man how beautiful this take off looked! Flying her on my old 90mm outrunner fan from freewing F16, this power set up gives me tons of vertical and 100mph passes. I really fly her aggressively and scale, outstanding job by Buddy on the camera! Had I had the center burner it would’ve looked even more cool. (Just installed the light burner kit today) vid coming soon!
                    I agree epic takeoff! It appeared as if there was even water ingestion in the fan as it looked like some was being expelled out the exhaust. It appeared to fly heavy with that setup though...

Comment

• Awesome flight!
                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                        I

I agree epic takeoff! It appeared as if there was even water ingestion in the fan as it looked like some was being expelled out the exhaust. It appeared to fly heavy with that setup though...
                        The water intake was a lot so the take off looks heavy, and I had a vapor trail actually going until I retracted the gear. As far as the set up, it's plenty of power for such a light airframe, I keep up with the turbine Jets at my field, and also always mistaken for an actual turbine.

Comment

The servos are excellent, I've ordered 2 different kits and the servos have been fine, no need to replace order a center burner or a good lipo instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post

The water intake was a lot so the take off looks heavy, and I had a vapor trail actually going until I retracted the gear. As far as the set up, it's plenty of power for such a light airframe, I keep up with the turbine Jets at my field, and also always mistaken for an actual turbine.
                            The takeoff looked great, scale even, it was the rest of the flight that looked heavy. The verticals seemed short and it looked as though your bird ran out of energy quickly. This could have been because of you pulling back the power early as I don't know what your inputs are at any particular time. The landing did in fact look heavy as well, very planted despite a good rate of descent all the way to touch down.

Please keep in mind, I'm not trying to convince you of anything, she's your bird and you know her best. I'm just sharing my perception.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post
                              Vapor trail vid by Buddy, this was completely unplanned, I didn’t realize there was a puddle there, but man oh man how beautiful this take off looked! Flying her on my old 90mm outrunner fan from freewing F16, this power set up gives me tons of vertical and 100mph passes. I really fly her aggressively and scale, outstanding job by Buddy on the camera! Had I had the center burner it would’ve looked even more cool. (Just installed the light burner kit today) vid coming soon!
                              Best F18 vid I've ever seen, can't wait to see the video with the AB. Wish I had seen it in person. You're definitely going to maiden my F18 Canadian Demo when finished.

Now bring on videos of your refurbished F14 and your custom designed A4. You are the EDF GUY!
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Mine has been sitting for over a month now... Finally got it out for some flying on friday and saturday! OMG!! I forgot how much fun this plane is to fly and how fast it is!! Lots of flights and video to share later...
                                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Yeah it's all I have been flying in recent weeks...Now that she's completely dialed in she is a TREAT to fly!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Yeah...i was really falling in love with my f18 when i lost it :( really are spectacular flyers when setup properly

Comment

• I'm new to RCs. But I just bought the new this last week. Are the ailerons and elevator tails supposed to work together when turning? Having observes the an actually F-18 flying, I've noticed the read elevator tails go in opposite directions one up on down when turning. Is the something that can be programmed into the servos?

Comment

• Originally posted by Archo149 View Post
                                        I'm new to RCs. But I just bought the new this last week. Are the ailerons and elevator tails supposed to work together when turning? Having observes the an actually F-18 flying, I've noticed the read elevator tails go in opposite directions one up on down when turning. Is the something that can be programmed into the servos?
                                        Welcome to HobbySquawk Archo149. Well the Freewing F/A-18 C doesn't need the elevator working also as an aileron. The real jet does! But there are always some guys doing such a mod. You can program this with your radio. But it really doesn't need. But by the way, if you are really new to RC flying, I think the F-18 is not the best to start with!

Comment

• Originally posted by Archo149 View Post
                                          I'm new to RCs. But I just bought the new this last week. Are the ailerons and elevator tails supposed to work together when turning? Having observes the an actually F-18 flying, I've noticed the read elevator tails go in opposite directions one up on down when turning. Is the something that can be programmed into the servos?
                                          Welcome to Hobby Squawk Archo149. Like Jets and Wings mentioned, yes you can program tailerons into this model. But if you are truly new to RC, then the 90mm F-18C is not something you want to try and fly as your first aircraft. Something like this, would be a better place to start and learn orientation etc. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...der-1450mm-pnp

Comment

Working...
                                          X