Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about the wing tip rails? Looks like they only come with the wings?? That seems a bit crazy as someone is far more likely to damage the rails over the wings. Does anyone have a set of wingtip rails or are there 3D files for them?

Comment

• Peter designed a set...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        Peter designed a set...
        Are they available to print?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

They are, he posted the files on RCG I believe..printed a set and they work good. I can try and dig them up tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Here you go Steve:

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Comment

• Awesome! Thank you sir!

Comment

• ESC overheating issue solved, as posted a few pages back my EC5 connector melted during flight, even after resoldering new connectors, I still had an overheating issue, final outcome was simple after purchasing a new 130 amp ESC my wires and connectors have not overheated or any issues. The older ESC lasted about 4 years and over 400 flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post
                  ESC overheating issue solved, as posted a few pages back my EC5 connector melted during flight, even after resoldering new connectors, I still had an overheating issue, final outcome was simple after purchasing a new 130 amp ESC my wires and connectors have not overheated or any issues. The older ESC lasted about 4 years and over 400 flights.
                  Happy Endings are always welcome, nice to here you worked it out without any "mishap" to the jet. Now you can concentrate on taking that jet and your Tomcat to Florida Jets. You should also take the repainted A4, it sure looks outstanding!
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Fyi, fellow US F/A-18C Blue Angel drivers...I just finished updating the PNP page to reflect the model (once back in stock) now will be coming with a 3672-1900kV inrunner brushless motor and all digital metal gear. Just in time as I plan on getting another one by August when the Blue Angels arrive in my part of the world for our annual Seafair tradition. My current one flies beautifully, totally dialed in but she's a bit beat up so I will want a pristine one to celebrate the Blue's return.

My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Awesome... Do you want my first order original NIB (still) for a trade-in? LOL

Comment

• Glad they are upgraded now!! Good work team!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                          Fyi, fellow US F/A-18C Blue Angel drivers...I just finished updating the PNP page to reflect the model (once back in stock) now will be coming with a 3672-1900kV inrunner brushless motor and all digital metal gear. Just in time as I plan on getting another one by August when the Blue Angels arrive in my part of the world for our annual Seafair tradition. My current one flies beautifully, totally dialed in but she's a bit beat up so I will want a pristine one to celebrate the Blue's return.

Awesome to hear! I put the 1835kv inrunner in mine already but I am curious about this new 9 blade 90mm inrunner setup!

Comment

Fyi, fellow US F/A-18C Blue Angel drivers...I just finished updating the PNP page to reflect the model (once back in stock) now will be coming with a 3672-1900kV inrunner brushless motor and all digital metal gear. Just in time as I plan on getting another one by August when the Blue Angels arrive in my part of the world for our annual Seafair tradition. My current one flies beautifully, totally dialed in but she's a bit beat up so I will want a pristine one to celebrate the Blue's return.

WOW, outstanding Aros. Do you know if they are going to also upgrade the base grey version to the same (power & digital metal gear servo's)? I looked on the website and saw your changes to the PNP page, however, I looked for that inrunner in the power systems and I guess it's not available yet as an independent EDF.
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                              WOW, outstanding Aros. Do you know if they are going to also upgrade the base grey version to the same (power & digital metal gear servo's)? I looked on the website and saw your changes to the PNP page, however, I looked for that inrunner in the power systems and I guess it's not available yet as an independent EDF.
                              Eventually I believe the grey version will also be converted to the High Performance version. No the new power system isn't available online as of yet. I imagine they will be in with the shipment of these PNPs whenever they arrive....

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Happy Endings are always welcome, nice to here you worked it out without any "mishap" to the jet. Now you can concentrate on taking that jet and your Tomcat to Florida Jets. You should also take the repainted A4, it sure looks outstanding!

Thanks Hugh! I just might bring her, but need to install a better power system, as I’m using an older 80amp 1650KV outrunner, I may need to install the inrunner.

Comment

I saw this! Looks good and will you be doing this with the other birds as well? The F-22 would be good with an upgrade as well! I had been contemplating using an inrunner with the 9 blades but didn't know where to get the hardware for the rotors...

I have some of my own EDF configurations coming out as well. My Blue Angel has an older 1600kv inrunner set up using the older rotor and is a rocket ship!! I hate to change it out but will be soon...
                                  Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                                    I saw this! Looks good and will you be doing this with the other birds as well? The F-22 would be good with an upgrade as well!
                                    That appears to be the direction we are going moving forward. I have been updating several EDFs in recent months to the "High Performance" (inrunner instead of outrunner) versions, so while I can't speak for the company officially (only Tom and Mark can do that), I would say that the old outrunner paradigm for EDFs is going to be a thing of the past.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

That appears to be the direction we are going moving forward. I have been updating several EDFs in recent months to the "High Performance" (inrunner instead of outrunner) versions, so while I can't speak for the company officially (only Tom and Mark can do that), I would say that the old outrunner paradigm for EDFs is going to be a thing of the past.
                                      MRC/FW still have some older airframes that could really benefit from new paint scheme and new inrunner power system. I'd LOVE to see an updated Stinger 90 for sure!

Also, hope to see an inrunner power system make it's way into the 90mm F16 soon!

Comment

• You and me both!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Help! In 2 weeks I will be flying the Hornet at Florida Jets but unfortunately one of my wing tip rails broke during a cross wind landing where my Hornet was pushed off the runway and into grass. I saw in a recent post about the 3D printed rails, I don't own a 3D printer or know anyone who does. So I'm kind of desperate looking to print a rail, as we know the rail isn't available without the wing set on Motion. Can someone help? I will paypal or whatever. TY🙏🏼

Comment

Working...
                                          X