Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My base gray high performance version had the damaged elevator servo wires. I replaced the servos from my own stash and trimmed the pockets with an xacto blade about half a mil on each side. I reported this to Motion a couple days ago. Today I read the technical service bulletin. Doh!
    One thing I noticed in the manual is that the stated length for the rudder control rods is too short by about 5 or so mm.

I am running full span flaps, flaperons, tailerons, and rudder brakes.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Pilots, finally maidened my Swiss Airforce F/A-18 Hornet. Such a beauty to fly. Definitely a keeper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MAS 20.JPG
Views:	590
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	268188Click image for larger version

Name:	MAS 18.JPG
Views:	580
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	268189Click image for larger version

Name:	MAS 21.JPG
Views:	547
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	268190Click image for larger version

Name:	MAS 22.JPG
Views:	565
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	268191
      Attached Files

Comment

• Beauty!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Greyhound61 Phenominal work. Love the Swiss F-18's. I have been using those as reference. Just a great job on your livery. Bravo Zulu, Sir.

Hornet Enthusiasts Et al, reworking the FIR's and supports. Printed these with PETG and like the way the design looks. Also, PETG is easily finished/cleaned up and is less brittle than PLA so thought for this application it would work well. We'll see, huh? Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Dang tgats sweet elbee!! Did you ever see the mods i dis to my f18 inlets? I was able to get better performance with no cheater

Comment

• Greyhound..that looks sweeeettt!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                Dang that's sweet elbee!! Did you ever see the mods i dis to my f18 inlets? I was able to get better performance with no cheater
                Thanks, CN, Didn't you use Carbon Fiber to recreate the FIRs? Did you reshape the interior of the inlet ducts? I noticed the LG mount extends into the inlet, but it is so slight didn't figure it would matter much. I'll rewind into this thread and check your mods. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yeah..i cut away in the inside. Yellow Aircraft had the same setup on their df single and twin f18. It worked extremely well. When i get another f18 ill be doing the same.

Comment

• How's the F-18C fly compared to the F-22?

I've got a spare 120A ESC and the 1750kv 9 bld. motor from my F-22 lying around. Thinking of ordering the ARF Plus as this would be the same motor that comes in the base PNP version that's getting phased out.

Comment

• Both are great flyers. The F-22 has a bit more forgiving/trainer-like feel to it due to it's massive wing surface. But don't let that fool you, she is more than capable of high octane flight and performance. Wide envelope.
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Ready for the maiden... full span flaps, flaperons, tailerons, and rudder brakes.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Since the flaps don’t go up what’s the difference between full span flaps and flaperons? Do you mean crow?

Comment

• ailerons that act like flaps too

Comment

• Ailerons that are flaps without the normal flaps? If with that is full span flaps. I have crow plus the rudder airbrakes in mine. While not much value in the air they are great for braking on landing, they shorten the roll out quite a bit. I also don’t like the full span flaps, it makes the plane a bit unstable.

You'll need some elevator compensation.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                Ready for the maiden... full span flaps, flaperons, tailerons, and rudder brakes.
                                Nice looking jet!

Comment

• On the FA-18, the ailerons also work as flaperons. The flaps are still flaps. The rudders also both move inward to aid in rotation at takeoff. The elevators assist the ailerons. in other words, they are all mixed.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Yes, I worked on them and other carrier based planes for years. Not to say that I do mixing that the real planes do though, I do mixing that I want to try and see how it works.

Remember to make appropriate pitch mixing especially for the rudder airbrakes.

Comment

Ready for the maiden.
                                      SV, Great-lookin' Hornet. In the last picture, your Crew Chief seems to be dropping by to inspect your work, as well. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Those are my security and crew chief. I call them my staffelhunds

Comment

Ready for the maiden... full span flaps, flaperons, tailerons, and rudder brakes.
                                          That looks awesome .

Comment

Working...
                                          X