Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice! I have the 1900HP in mine on an Admiral 6S 6000 and I don't think I am even sniffing 110.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
      Nice! I have the 1900HP in mine on an Admiral 6S 6000 and I don't think I am even sniffing 110.

It’s noticeably slower on even the Admiral HDs, 4000 and 6000

Comment

Nice! I have the 1900HP in mine on an Admiral 6S 6000 and I don't think I am even sniffing 110.
        Mine will do 155 mph, briefly.....pointed straight down in a dive from 800 ft. at full power.

More realistically, on a smoking good battery I've done 113 - 114 mph on 6S consistently with the 1900kv motor at 60 ft. above sea level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modelhead View Post
          Here is the approach and landing. It was longer than typical.. There’s another additional 50 feet beyond where she stopped before hitting a rock wall. There are no go arounds. Thoughts on landing the F18 here please. Thanks!
          Flaps and 80mm like in one of the MRC YouTube videos could work.

Definitely flaps on takeoff.

Comment

• Congratulations on your article Hugh Wiedman one for a frame on the wall of the workshop!

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
              Speed DEMON
              F-18 with the 90mm 1835 inrunner on a Roaring Top 70C 5500 🔥 142mph over the ground 😎😎
              Nice looking bird, backdrop looks like Fallon AFB Nevada

Comment

• Hi together,

my plane is nearly ready for the first take-off. I applied redundancy for the power supply. The electronics and the second battery are mounted on a board to bring them as close as possible towards the COG. However it‘s still difficult to achieve the COG Airguardien recommended.
                since I‘ve no afterburner flashlight, I‘m thinking about calibration weights inside the fans. 2 stripes in longitudinal direction or some weights less in orthogonal direction help a lot.
                what do you think? Is it a good or bad idea?

Best,
                Eric

Click image for larger version  Name:	D0413C52-67F9-4119-A2DB-0EACBABF48F2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	306448
                Attached Files

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman !! Congratulations on the f-18 , i just saw it yesterday wile reading the magazine!
                  GREAT JOB Sir !! Admiring you jet 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

very happy for you , congratulations again Hugh !!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Polyphren View Post
                    ...my plane is nearly ready for the first take-off....
                    Hi Eric, was your F-18 the Stingers digital camouflage scheme in the March Mayhem competition ... if it was, it was wonderful?

I'm just getting my F-18 ready now, first flight in a couple of weeks so not in a position to help.

I have fitted an Eagle A3 Super 3 gyro.

Andy

Comment

• Hi Andy,
                      yeah, that‘s my baby.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	1688BCB1-F615-4C7A-A652-B95BD4B372A8.jpeg
Views:	472
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	306455

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20210228_081844.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	480.2 KB
ID:	306457

Comment

• Originally posted by Modelhead View Post
                          Here is the approach and landing. It was longer than typical.. There’s another additional 50 feet beyond where she stopped before hitting a rock wall. There are no go arounds. Thoughts on landing the F18 here please. Thanks!
                          Whoa!
                          I mean, first of all, I take my hat off, that landing was amazing!
                          This said, I don't think you will land the Hornet there.

I don't imply that you aren't perfectly capable of the feat, just that it looks like a terrible idea as it's very difficult that you nail it everytime and this jet is super-picky and tricky.
                          It stalls badly and suddenly, it doesn't tolerate high alpha and it doesn't like to fly slow. If at least you had space for a go around... but you have a tree in the way!

Originally posted by Polyphren View Post
                          my plane is nearly ready for the first take-off. I applied redundancy for the power supply. The electronics and the second battery are mounted on a board to bring them as close as possible towards the COG. However it‘s still difficult to achieve the COG Airguardien recommended.
                          The LED afterburner really helps out in that regard.
                          Still, have you already pushed the battery as far aft as possible?
                          I mean, burying the blue-box and clearing the battery compartment allows for a very-rearward placement of the batt:

Here are a few pics of mine (and here the battery wasn't even pushed full-aft!).
                          You can use elastic foam pieces to limit how aft the battery sits (I ended up taking them all out but the option is there to make battery placement extra easy), and you can use a foam wedge to lock the battery in place. If you use velcro on the battery tray + the foam wedge, you don't even need to use a strap, battery won't go anywhere :)

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1111397.JPG Views:	0 Size:	64.3 KB ID:	306464Click image for larger version  Name:	P1111398.JPG Views:	0 Size:	91.6 KB ID:	306465Click image for larger version  Name:	P1111421.JPG Views:	0 Size:	54.7 KB ID:	306466Click image for larger version

Name:	image_70163.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	306463 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Added polyurethane gloss coats to Lucky #7 last weekend...I was really impressed with how smooth it dries! (I've noticed photos don't do these gloss coats justice). Unfortunately this latest ARF+ had a little bit more gatoring than my others so it did highlight those areas a bit but not too bad at all.
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• @Airguardian:
                              Wow . I took the position of the blue-box as god given. My battery is still below the cockpit. I have to try, how I can replace the blue-box.
                              How did. you achieve to work in this narrow space?

Comment

Added polyurethane gloss coats to Lucky #7 last weekend...I was really impressed with how smooth it dries! (I've noticed photos don't do these gloss coats justice). Unfortunately this latest ARF+ had a little bit more gatoring than my others so it did highlight those areas a bit but not too bad at all.
                                Yeahhhhhhh buddy! There’s nothing like a glossed up Blue Angel. As an added bonus, the gloss layer helps seal the decals and reduces paint chipping, from my experience.

Comment

• Yeah I noticed it definitely gave it a nice thin but hard protective surface...Now if only I can afford one of those gorgeous Jet Power BA's! Maybe in my next life. LOL

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	306523
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Yeah I noticed it definitely gave it a nice thin but hard protective surface...Now if only I can afford one of those gorgeous Jet Power BA's! Maybe in my next life. LOL

Click image for larger version  Name:	maxresdefault.jpg Views:	0 Size:	185.9 KB ID:	306523
                                    At least you own a jet that’s less of a hassle and less expensive to operate and maintain. The glass half full effect. Ha-ha

Comment

• Originally posted by Polyphren View Post
                                      @Airguardian:
                                      Wow . I took the position of the blue-box as god given. My battery is still below the cockpit. I have to try, how I can replace the blue-box.
                                      How did. you achieve to work in this narrow space?
                                      Just unscrew it from the wooden battery tray, unscrew the tray itself and you will see that there is quite some space underneath it.
                                      Once all the wires are properly routed, you screw the tray back in! :)

Here are some pics of this:

Name:	20200321_223301.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	306537Click image for larger version

Name:	20200321_223411.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	306538

Some more pics of how the battery totally disappears in the fuselage with my current CG:

Name:	20200710_201131.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	306533Click image for larger version

Name:	20200710_201438.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	306534Click image for larger version

Name:	20200710_201418.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	306535

And totally unrelated, but here is my antenna placement... inside the nose gear compartment!

Name:	20200321_203933.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	306536

Comment

• Jandro, what CG are you using, is it the same as the manual? I just did mine on my Xicoy CG computer and my battery wasn’t pushes back that far.

Do I need to set the CG further to the rear?

Comment

• Cancel that, I see it at 100mm 👍

Comment

Working...
                                          X