First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aros
    replied
    Originally posted by BomberPearce View Post
    A big Thankyou to Elbee for generously sharing the STL files for the cockpit mod. It’s been a while but I completed the upgrade to my Hornet to celebrate RAAF 75 Sqn. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0046.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	395130
    Beautiful work!

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    BomberPearce,

I am both humbled and happy at the same time.

This is not just an easy drop-in. I am very pleased that you used my design and amazed at your work.

It is stunning to say the least. Bravo Zulu, Sir.

Respectfully, LB

Leave a comment:

• BomberPearce
    replied
    A big Thankyou to Elbee for generously sharing the STL files for the cockpit mod. It’s been a while but I completed the upgrade to my Hornet to celebrate RAAF 75 Sqn. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0046.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	395130
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• salali
    replied
    Not sure if this was already discussed. I tried searching but did not find any posts.

Has anyone upgraded to the new FW 3668-1960Kv Innrunner Motor 12 blade EDF from the 6S Eurofighter? I currently have the FMS 3670-1950kv motor. The performance/speed is ok. I would like more speed vs low end.

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Another killer flight :')

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied

Just imagine a Freewing Hornet in this size...

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I’d like to add that though there are threads here for both there are threads with more info on RC Groups.

Leave a comment:

• Donjay25
    replied
    Thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    For me very stable. And I don’t have a gyro of any type in either one.

Leave a comment:

• Donjay25
    replied
    Okay thanks, is the F18 stable on flight? I get that it can be a bit of a handful on landings but I’m guessing not using full flaps could negate that.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Exactly. Not to say both don’t fly very well but big sky aerobatics like the real one, speed, smooth.

Leave a comment:

• Donjay25
    replied
    What are your reasons for leaning towards the F18? Speed, performance?

Thanks,

Ant

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I have both but have put 8s in them. I prefer the F/A-18C.

Leave a comment:

• Donjay25
    replied
    Hi all,

I’m looking to get the freewing F18 or the Freewing F4 Phantom. I’ve read a lot about the F18 being a bit touchy and challenging. Those of you that have both, which do you prefer to fly and why?

Thanks!

Ant

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by eightmileshigh View Post
    I currently had my maiden flight on the Freewing F18 BA model. all went perfect, balance was perfect and aircraft took only one click of trim to fly straight. However, on landing in approach flaps setting the f18 started to wander and become suspect in controlling it. All flap controls are perfect in the set up and travel exact. I landed the plane and continued to fly it 4 more times without flaps and it’s great. Take off with the same flaps setting works fine. 🧐 Anyone else with these problems? I do have somewhat sloppy main gear doors when deployed in the down position. Any suggestions?
    I have different trim settings with each flap position on both of my F-18's and they now fly stable with whatever flap position I use. If your TX is capable, set up Flight Modes with your flap switch as the variable. This will allow you to trim Ail/El/Rd at each flap position. Spektrum uses a Flight Mode setting (not to be confused with Flight Modes in their RX-something different) where you enable FM's, set it for your flap switch, then go into "Trim Utilities" and switch each surface you want (at least Aileron & Elevator- Rudder may not be as important) from "Common" to FM. Now you can trim for level flight at each position of your flaps and you will not see any "change" in flight characteristics when you deploy flaps after you trim in flight at each position. Those trim positions are then specific for each flap position. I use this on every model that has flaps. Although the "Flap System" allows some different Elevator trims on each position, those are essentially just guesses when you start out. FM's allow fine tuning it in flight. For me, this is one of the "must have" setups for any aircraft with flaps. No matter how good you set up the throws and travel on the flap servos, they may not always deflect "exactly the same".

Leave a comment:

• eightmileshigh
    replied
    I currently had my maiden flight on the Freewing F18 BA model. all went perfect, balance was perfect and aircraft took only one click of trim to fly straight. However, on landing in approach flaps setting the f18 started to wander and become suspect in controlling it. All flap controls are perfect in the set up and travel exact. I landed the plane and continued to fly it 4 more times without flaps and it’s great. Take off with the same flaps setting works fine. 🧐 Anyone else with these problems? I do have somewhat sloppy main gear doors when deployed in the down position. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    w00t ^^

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    And LARGER

I wouldn't complain about a twin 80mm F-18 Super Hornet, while at it... it would be a nice companion to the Freewing MiG-29 ^^

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Originally posted by Cape Jets View Post

Well I've joined Aros and I'm sure many more that has given up on this jet. Yes she looks great on the ground & when she fly's she looks great in the air. The issue is we spend more time repairing this bird than flying. I know everyone says its part of the hobby to have occasion failures, but this bird takes more of its share than any other bird I fly. After 7 replacement fuses and main wings it time to step back and fly the birds that like me Maybe we will revisit her again next year since all I need is a new fuse to get her back in the air....... Click image for larger version

Name:	284954090_10226632370690944_6824955368604095507_n.jpg
Views:	1276
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	384897
    Welcome fellow club member, lol.

I agree with Airguardian, she needs to be a bit bigger and lighter to really enjoy this model. It pains me to have to give this model up as the F/A-18 Blue Angel is my favorite modern jet. I just can't stomach spending so much money over and over on a model that keeps biting me in the rear. Hopefully Freewing comes out with an updated, lighter version somewhere down the road.

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    But hence why I suggested having made it slightly larger :)
    As a matter of fact, the F-18 is the only EDF model I fly where I have had orientation issues on a regular basis due to size... so the extra size would come handy in more than one sense...!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X