First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post
    This is what mine's gonna look like!

Image result for VMFA 232 f/a-18
    Love that and the red tails should make it stand out!
    Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• I think the hornet looks great,

I am intrigued with the 80mm idea.

Hey Alpha,grass ops only here I have the 80mm inrunner combo I believe it is 1820kv.

so would this be a good light weight option for grass?maybe even able to cover up the grass vac(cheater) due to the 80mm needing less intake area?

Im thinking 80mm 1820kv inrunner Castle Ice 100amp ESC,admiral 10ch reciever,Eagle A3S3 gyro,5k-6k 50c at least pak.

I have the FW F4 on 8s which does fantastic on grass.

The F86 was terrible on my field,I installed the inrunner but it was still hit or miss if it would take off.

My SU 35 does great with twin FMS 70's as well as the Eflite Viper and FMS Yak 130.

I also have the Dynam Gloster Meteor with twin XRP 10bld fans with FW 2300kv motors which take off in 50-70 feet :Scared:

So with all my ramblings what do you think my best option will be?

PNP 6s
      ARF+ 8S 90MM(From the king of super lawn vacs FW F16 90mm)
      ARF+ 6s 80mm (inrunner 1820kv)

Thanks for reading and I will take the Blues scheme to show with my Fat Albert

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Cost of a mold alone would be 10-15k min. Won't sell that many brakes, IMO. 3D print one.
        Really,.. ? A tiny wooden box with an impression of that Airbrake Panel cast into some plaster ... would cost $10,000- $15,000 USD ?? Wow !! I guess things are getting pretty dire with the economy after all. Thank you for that insight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Really,.. ? A tiny wooden box with an impression of that Airbrake Panel cast into some plaster ... would cost $10,000- $15,000 USD ?? Wow !! I guess things are getting pretty dire with the economy after all. Thank you for that insight.
          I'm referring to if Motion was to included one. A machined production mold, used in a injection mold machine are not cheap.
          Planes
          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Is the flying stab set up like the F-4 with single servo, to hide the push rod, with a hatch to adjust linkage?

Comment

• I feel compelled to comment on the color issue. For me, grey is too hard to see and I'm not inclined to paint a new airplane. So the Blue Angles scheme is a plus for me.

Where will this plane rank on the "difficult to fly" scale?

Bob DeGood

Comment

• If I'm reading the information right, one of the most exciting things about this model is the use of a more efficient in-runner fan unit. I've read a lot of posts where guys are removing the Freewing outrunner fan units and installing inrunner FMS fan units and gaining SIGNIFICANT added flight time. Hopefully Freewing will address this issue in current offerings too...

Comment

• Freewing has an excellent 1835kv 12 blade 6s inrunner edf. It will be perfect if motion can offer it as a “high speed” version like the 90mm F-15.
                  It (1835kv inrunner) makes a lot of sense in the absence of an 8s model ... while the new 9 blade setup is efficient it doesn’t come close to the 12 blade sound and 12 blade has a bit more static thrust.

Originally posted by Bill Sanford View Post
                  If I'm reading the information right, one of the most exciting things about this model is the use of a more efficient in-runner fan unit. I've read a lot of posts where guys are removing the Freewing outrunner fan units and installing inrunner FMS fan units and gaining SIGNIFICANT added flight time. Hopefully Freewing will address this issue in current offerings too...

Comment

• Originally posted by fastforward View Post
                    I feel compelled to comment on the color issue. For me, grey is too hard to see and I'm not inclined to paint a new airplane. So the Blue Angles scheme is a plus for me.

Bob DeGood

If you're referring to the Color in this Difficulty Scale, consider that some Guyz find the 'Darker' aircraft 'Harder' for establishing visual orientation at deep ranges. I personally, prefer Darker Jets since I am less or a Visual Orientation (VO) flyer as I am a Attitude Orientation (AO) Guy'. I simply place the Jet into the desired attitude and relax until I want to adjust it into a different attitude with very little regard for things like the Sun for instance or, flying directly Overhead .. etc.
                    ​​​​​A t close ranges the DarkJets pose no real challenge, distant ranges however, mess with some Guyz. The Blues colors are great for contrast but can be confusing at a distance. And Large Jets like Large Airspace Boundaries although many are gonna fly this one like their average SportJet !! And then promptly and proudly show everyone how cool looks doing so. Hahahaha

This is the primary reason the 'GrayJets' are difficult to maintain orientation on for some. The Gray becomes Dark at extended ranges and at closer ranges, the Gray offers very little Comfortable Contrast for the VO Flyer to use. GL

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-5E EDF Navy.jpg
Views:	2059
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	186648

Comment

• Originally posted by fastforward View Post
                      I would think on the lower spectrum. Every F-18 I have flown has been very forgiving...It has a dead-stick glide characteristic you wouldn't believe. I have dead stick landed the F-18 multiple times without issue. Not recommended mind you but she is tolerant on the landing. Never met a F-18 I didn't like.
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

All of our new gen jets have grass-friendly gear in mind. You're in luck. :Cool:
                        My wife and bank account were afraid of that. I am definitely still good for one :-)

Comment

• Any 3-d parts going to be made?

Comment

• Must say, I’m not completely surprised by this announcement. But, I’ve been eyeing the 90mm Hornet, but it just seems so cheap looking. But I’ll be preordering/buying at least 1 of these Beautiful Hornets, but only if it’s a grey model. The whole Blue Angels thing is old news. When can we preorder this jet, I want it yesterday?
                            Id also like to know, when are we going to get a F105 or an A-7 in the 90mm size?

Thanks for another great jet FW/MRC,
                            Mark

Comment

• Very nice! Looks like another winning jet from Alpha’s secret workshop! The hangar is pretty much full right now, but this definitely goes on the standby list. One minor gripe though.. I really would have liked to see the distinctive scale split section doors on the nose gear instead of the 2 single long doors. Alpha, any chance we could get the 3DPUP files for some nose door upgrades?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
                                I think the hornet looks great,

I am intrigued with the 80mm idea.

Hey Alpha,grass ops only here I have the 80mm inrunner combo I believe it is 1820kv.

so would this be a good light weight option for grass?maybe even able to cover up the grass vac(cheater) due to the 80mm needing less intake area?

Im thinking 80mm 1820kv inrunner Castle Ice 100amp ESC,admiral 10ch reciever,Eagle A3S3 gyro,5k-6k 50c at least pak.

I have the FW F4 on 8s which does fantastic on grass.

The F86 was terrible on my field,I installed the inrunner but it was still hit or miss if it would take off.

My SU 35 does great with twin FMS 70's as well as the Eflite Viper and FMS Yak 130.

I also have the Dynam Gloster Meteor with twin XRP 10bld fans with FW 2300kv motors which take off in 50-70 feet :Scared:

So with all my ramblings what do you think my best option will be?

PNP 6s
                                ARF+ 8S 90MM(From the king of super lawn vacs FW F16 90mm)
                                ARF+ 6s 80mm (inrunner 1820kv)

Thanks for reading and I will take the Blues scheme to show with my Fat Albert
                                Due to the battery space issue of this jet, i was thinking to go with a light 8s setup in maybe a 80mm housing or 90mm housing if i could get 2 4s 4000.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                  Alpha, any chance we could get the 3DPUP files for some nose door upgrades?
                                  Chances are good that there will be several 3DPUP files available come the launch of this model.... :Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Desertlakeflying View Post
                                    Someone needs to come up with a bifurcated pipe for these to run the Kingtech 30....
                                    That would be nice, but keep it simple and light! I have two K30's and a under-slung engine is simple and can't really be seen from the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

I would think on the lower spectrum. Every F-18 I have flown has been very forgiving...It has a dead-stick glide characteristic you wouldn't believe. I have dead stick landed the F-18 multiple times without issue. Not recommended mind you but she is tolerant on the landing. Never met a F-18 I didn't like.
                                      Yeah, the F-18 seems to be one of the platforms that lend themselves easily into models. As opposed to the F-16 for example, which certainly does not.
                                      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Love this jet, crashed my V2 F18 some time ago and didn't want to get a replacement until there was a better grass alternative, this looks to be it, hope the fore coming new videos of this jet are from a grass field for a comparison. I can see why you USA guys want a grey one whereas living in the uk a blue angels livery will stand out against a grey sky very well! looking forward to more info and media on this one!

Comment

• I recently did the F-4 in the blue angel scheme (over the camo version-not the gray) and it's a real crowd pleaser at the field, more so than my camo version. So I voted for the blue angel first, then looked at some different versions and said to myself, oh crap, I'll end up getting both, just like I did with the F-4. The EPO foam that Freewing is coming out with is just outstanding, just finished my Corsair and put my 4 coats of gloss Spar Urethane on it and it looks like a wood coated with monkote plane (same with the F-4's).

My next plane was going to be another of the new Extreme Flight 60" (have the receiver, motor and servo's ready to go but the plane won't be in stock till late April) as I have only room for 1 more plane in my hangar. Now this comes out and I'm going to have to move. Freewing, maybe you should just take over my bank account, I'll put it in MRC's name as it seems it's all going to end up there anyway.:Crying2:
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                                          X