X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by curlyculp View Post
    Well this is a bother. Finally got it together, put power to it to attempt to bind, and get a steady "beep....beep...beep..." from in the fuselage. And there's no power light on the receiver. I tried a different brand receiver too.

Ideas?
    First thing I'd look at is if the BEC is connected to the RX as RCjetdude said - if there are no dedicated battery pins, it can be connected to any unused channel, or the bind pins (assuming the RX has already been bound to the transmitter). Or if all are used, use a Y-cable - for example, the BEC connecter and throttle connector share the same channel. If you are using the MCB-E, aka "Blue Box", you can plug the BEC into an unused channel there, too, like the AUX throttle.

Then I'd see if the connector is plugged incorrectly (reversed) in the receiver.

If the TX lights up but it still beeps, sounds like the ESC endpoints need to be calibrated. With most ESC's the steps are:
    1. Turn on transmitter. Set throttle to high.
    2. Plug battery to power the plane. After the ESC's first beep(s), reduce the transmitter throttle to zero.
    3. The ESC will restart, beeping the battery cell count.

Comment

• Look at those stabilators on the last one landing - land-based landings don't require the high-alpha approach, the turbulence from the landing flaps must be something.

Comment

• Is that Lemoore?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          Is that Lemoore?
          According to the description, it's from the 2016 NAF El Centro Air Show

Comment

• Ah, yes... 30. Looked a lot like Lemoore too.. been a long time for either of them, 40 years.

Comment

• My new cameraman really got it today. He did a great job and got some great videos!! Now we just need the twin 80 S-3B Viking!!!

Comment

• And the 2nd one.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  Like you said, this is a BIG plane and a high wing at that. I had the Carbon Z Cub years ago. If the new SS is anything like the old foamie Cub, it'll roll like a 300 lb pot belly pig. I dialed in even more AIL throw than what was recommended just so it would complete a roll before sun moved enough to cast my shadow in a different place. The same can be said of the big CZ T-28. They just don't roll very quickly. I think Horizon knew what they were doing with those recommended throws.
                  I agree with you, but I did not by the new Cub SS to do 3D flight, I prefer to fly precision pattern. I’m not a fan of 3D, it does nothing for me. I have all the Carbon Z birds and I can roll the T-28 with half the throws E-flite gives.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    Like you said, this is a BIG plane and a high wing at that. I had the Carbon Z Cub years ago. If the new SS is anything like the old foamie Cub, it'll roll like a 300 lb pot belly pig. I dialed in even more AIL throw than what was recommended just so it would complete a roll before sun moved enough to cast my shadow in a different place. The same can be said of the big CZ T-28. They just don't roll very quickly. I think Horizon knew what they were doing with those recommended throws.
                    I agree with you, but I did not by the new Cub SS to do 3D flight, I prefer to fly precision pattern work. I’m not a fan of 3D, it does nothing for me. I have all the Carbon Z birds and I can roll the T-28 with half the throws E-flite gives.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
                      Look at those stabilators on the last one landing...
                      Good lord that is one gorgeous profile. As sexy as the Corsair fully dirty on final. :Cool:
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Always trying to learn. My earlier mixes had some issues with the trims and so after the maiden flight up at NEFI I just went to the stock configuration. Flew great that way but I still wanted to have FS flaps so with assistance from davegees friend Shaquille who set his bird up mine is once again ready to try but this time there are no crazy trim issues. Shaquille flies a gorgeous SkyMaster F-18 Super Hornet and really seems to know his stuff. I greatly appreciate his help and patience walking me through this.

Comment

• That looks fantastic Steve! Anxious to hear your flight report with those settings/mixes!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Has anyone used the "extra" Blue Angels shield decals on the sheet?

I was looking at the illustrations that came with the sheet, and I realized that they are the only decals with white in them. The blue might still come through a single-layer decal, so the "blanked" decals are an underlay for the full detail one - get a stronger white color.

Comment

• I have the same mixes and you do need less up elevator with tailerons to roll straight. I have a tad less tailerons throw than you and less up compared to down.. I have much less deflection with FS flaps and my ailerons are very even with the flaps, about the same elevator comp. I also have crow and rudder airbrakes. It all works really well on the Hornet. I have it all on my Raptor too it doesn’t work as we’ll on it.

Fly it!

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                              Always trying to learn. My earlier mixes had some issues with the trims and so after the maiden flight up at NEFI I just went to the stock configuration. Flew great that way but I still wanted to have FS flaps so with assistance from davegees friend Shaquille who set his bird up mine is once again ready to try but this time there are no crazy trim issues. Shaquille flies a gorgeous SkyMaster F-18 Super Hornet and really seems to know his stuff. I greatly appreciate his help and patience walking me through this.

Comment

Has anyone used the "extra" Blue Angels shield decals on the sheet?
                                I was looking at the illustrations that came with the sheet, and I realized that they are the only decals with white in them. The blue might still come through a single-layer decal, so the "blanked" decals are an underlay for the full detail one - get a stronger white color.
                                I didn't use the all yellow deal at all, just the normal one. In my opinion, just the one needs to be applied. I'm not sure why the all yellow one was included in the decal sheet. Maybe it was to make the yellow a little richer, but it looks fine to me. Besides, good luck getting both decals lined up perfectly with each other.

Click image for larger version  Name:	brian-kesselring-1200.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	203520Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN5176.JPG Views:	0 Size:	150.2 KB ID:	203521
                                Pat

Comment

Look at those stabilators on the last one landing - land-based landings don't require the high-alpha approach, the turbulence from the landing flaps must be something.

And this is why taileron config is a given. It adds sooo much authority in the low speed range.
                                  Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                    Always trying to learn. My earlier mixes had some issues with the trims and so after the maiden flight up at NEFI I just went to the stock configuration. Flew great that way but I still wanted to have FS flaps so with assistance from davegees friend Shaquille who set his bird up mine is once again ready to try but this time there are no crazy trim issues. Shaquille flies a gorgeous SkyMaster F-18 Super Hornet and really seems to know his stuff. I greatly appreciate his help and patience walking me through this.
                                    In the video you mention a video on FB of the mixes in action. Do you have a link by chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                      BEC plugged in correctly to the Rx?
                                      That was it. I didn't even realize that two wire thing was a big deal. Thought it was for the lights or something.

All set now. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by evostyle View Post

In the video you mention a video on FB of the mixes in action. Do you have a link by chance?
                                        Here is the link. You may need to be a member of the group to see it. Not sure.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• hey Steve you got anything up your sleeve to do to the F18 like u did to the F4? that parachute was the top of the line bud...love that kind of stuff...

Comment

Working...
                                          X