Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Y'all, Question: Which Centerline Fuel Tank for the Freewing F-18C is the consensus? Cosmetic/Non-Flying is my preference. Would rather print one than buy one, if that matters. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
      Hey Y'all, Question: Which Centerline Fuel Tank for the Freewing F-18C is the consensus? Cosmetic/Non-Flying is my preference. Would rather print one than buy one, if that matters. Best, LB
      Steve, nobody is here any longer (except me)! All the other guys are busy with their airliners or T-33s (watching all those exciting unboxing videos).
      How is this for a start? I didn't print it yet, 1mm shell.

Frank

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank sliced.jpg
Views:	1005
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	231888Click image for larger version

Name:	CAD shot.jpg
Views:	961
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	231889

Comment

• Hi,

I've got some spare 6s 5000s and was wondering if they would be suitable for this plane?

​​​​​​... I know they are with in the range specified but thought I heard Pilot Ryan say that he used "seven sixes" which I assume means 7600mAh?

Is 5000mAh too small for this plane?

Dave

Comment

• Hi Dave, sure you can use those. I'm even flying with 6S 4000mAh 65C Graphenes in mine.

I'd start with 3minutes on your timer for that 5000, you'll have plenty left when you check and can adjust your time then accordingly.

Here's parts of a flight with a 6S 4000 (before my repaint)

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Great Flight!!!
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
              Steve, nobody is here any longer (except me)! All the other guys are busy with their airliners or T-33s (watching all those exciting unboxing videos).
              How is this for a start? I didn't print it yet, 1mm shell. Frank
              Frank, You crack me up. Looks great, I'll print it over the weekend and give you a report. Thanks for reading this thread. Best, Steve
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post
                Hi Dave, sure you can use those. I'm even flying with 6S 4000mAh 65C Graphenes in mine.

I'd start with 3minutes on your timer for that 5000, you'll have plenty left when you check and can adjust your time then accordingly.

Here's parts of a flight with a 6S 4000 (before my repaint)

Excellent flight video, loved your AB. Beautiful landing, now all you need is an aircraft carrier to try it on! I'll soon be working on mine with the Canadian Demo team graphics. I also got an AB for it and have installed one in every one of my EDF's, sure adds just that little bit of extra flare.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I'm still hanging in there. I'll copy these files and send them off to RCGeek to see if he can print them up for me. He just got his 3D printers back on line. The tanks I did in thread 3373 were ones I got from James of Motion RC from the 3D forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabevan View Post
                    Hi,

I've got some spare 6s 5000s and was wondering if they would be suitable for this plane?

​​​​​​... I know they are with in the range specified but thought I heard Pilot Ryan say that he used "seven sixes" which I assume means 7600mAh?

Is 5000mAh too small for this plane?

Dave
                    Hi Dave, you are good to go with 6S 5000mAh. I use them also. Here is a link to a flight video:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
                      I'm still hanging in there. I'll copy these files and send them off to RCGeek to see if he can print them up for me. He just got his 3D printers back on line. The tanks I did in thread 3373 were ones I got from James of Motion RC from the 3D forum.
                      DM, Thank you for checking in, I was wondering how your progress was going. Stay in touch, Sir and post some pictures as your build continues. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hornet Howners, I think the OEM Exhaust Nozzles are fabulous, though I wanted to dress-up the interior a bit. If there's any interest, I'll post the STL File. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Looks great. Sure if you post the STL.File that would be a great.

Comment

• I'm waiting for parts to come back from RCGeek to started again on my cockpit.

Comment

• Nice job again Bro!!! Love it! I may have to get the 18 out of the box soon!!! LOL Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post
                                Looks great. Sure if you post the STL.File that would be a great.
                                JW, The interior of the Freewing F-18C has a 'flat' on the inner wall of the exhaust. My concern is 'disrupting' airflow with a full length set. I have printed a 'cut' version that fits in the nozzle only up to where the foam ends, though this does not 'look' nearly as cool. I haven't gone back to the design, but might try designing for the 'flat' however that just seems unnecessarily redundant. Was that an oxymoron or is it just me? I will post both the full and cut STL versions later tomorrow. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
                                  I'm waiting for parts to come back from RCGeek to started again on my cockpit.
                                  What cockpit parts did you get from RC Geek? Got my afterburner from Chris for my F 18 but didn't know he had other parts.
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I hope those interior turkey feathers don't cause too much turbulence - maybe a transparent thrust tube liner would fix that possible issue.

Comment

• ZIP F-18C Inner Exhaust Trim.zip

Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
                                      I hope those interior turkey feathers don't cause too much turbulence - maybe a transparent thrust tube liner would fix that possible issue.
                                      FMB, My thoughts exactly. The 'cropped' version would reduce that concern, though those have less of a 'keen-o-reenie' factor. Just thought if someone wants to use these, that would be cool. I will use one version or the other or mod the 'full version to fit tightly against the 'flat' area in the exhaust tube. I like your idea about using a 'tube-liner'. I cannot imagine that would add turbulence. Anywho, here are the STL Files for the trim. There are no instructions except to say "Slightly Fold Each Panel at the Print Line to achieve the Nozzle radii." Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Too difficult to understand the manual...…

Comment

• I'm really seriously considering ordering an F-18 but have a question. As I was going through this thread, there seemed to be a lot of issues with the elevator servos with the recommendation to replace them with metal gear ones. However looking at the product specs, it lists metal gear servos for the elevators. Has the stock servos been upgraded or are they calling the hybrid servos "metal gear". Trying to determine if I should order a pair and swap them out or not. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X