X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Well that would only be if you are assuming he's human. Your fault.
    LOL, that's true. If I wouldn't have ever known him in person, I would honestly think he's like the T-1000 or even more resilient.

He works like a champ, smart as a whip, still finds time to share lots of info., laughs and smiles often, has infectious positivity, and somehow he says he does indeed sleep.

Comment

• Not wanting to disrupt this conversation; it is my experience, willingness to excel in all endeavors relies most on a passion for one thing. Alpha has that passion and it is different in each of us. I am thankful to be a part of this small world we all share. So thanks to all of ya...Whoa, Kumbayah and tru-dat. Now for 'naked pictures' of my Hornet fuselage. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• So true. Passion is the ultimate drive toward success.

Comment

• I received my Nurf whistles in the form of the lawn darts today. Has anyone posted of where and how to place them in the F-18?
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by bmccool View Post
            I received my Nurf whistles in the form of the lawn darts today. Has anyone posted of where and how to place them in the F-18?
            BC, it has been noted that the closer to the EDF the better. That's how I did the install on my A-10 and F-4 and the sound is great, but I will wait for someone to reply to your Q, and follow that for my F-18, as well. Best, LB
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• F-18C Owners. just fillin' and sandin' the obvious stuff, and filling antennae slots not on this livery. Not going to take this part much further, but did want to point out a simple mod that takes no time and I think looks great when finished. The Red/Green Nav Light Lenses are prominent on the Hornet and the OEM lenses can be removed easily. Then paint these transparent Red/Green respectively from the inside. The look is much more like the 1:1. Also painted flat black in the recessed area around the LED to darken it. I think it adds a lot to the model considering the time involved. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• anyone have setup details on this bird. Just added the updated inrunner BA to my hanger. Good time to dial in the DX9 for it while we are shelter in placed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  You are quarantined, as in are infected? Or sheltering in place to keep from being infected?

Just sheltering in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Thanks Aros, Alpha was kind enough to send me a PM answering the question. How he has time to respond to all these inane questions and keep the "fort" in production, I'll never know, kudos to him. Opps, forget the shaking hands!
                    So when will the upgraded 9blade in runner be available?... I’ve got the time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcannon View Post

So when will the upgraded 9blade in runner be available?... I’ve got the time!
                      Probably not for a while yet, maybe by the summer, so how much time you got? In the meantime, we'll have to make due with the stock outrunner, not that most of us are getting any flying time anyway. Besides, from what I can tell, this bird flies just fine with the outrunner, same EDF that is in the stock Phantom. My guess is that if the new inrunner wasn't even announced or installed in the new BA, we wouldn't be clamoring for the new inrunner, though it would be nice.
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Some maybe, but my F-18 (and F-4 and F-22) got a 8S Jetfan/ HET set up...

Comment

Probably not for a while yet, maybe by the summer, so how much time you got? In the meantime, we'll have to make due with the stock outrunner, not that most of us are getting any flying time anyway. Besides, from what I can tell, this bird flies just fine with the outrunner, same EDF that is in the stock Phantom. My guess is that if the new inrunner wasn't even announced or installed in the new BA, we wouldn't be clamoring for the new inrunner, though it would be nice.
                          The outrunner was fine for some, I'm sure. But, mine got the 1835kv inrunner setup. Pretty nice improvement on speed and sound.

Comment

Unfortunately I’ve got lots of time, so that’s why I’m fiddling around with motor swaps and paint jobs. Our fields are also closed. I flew mine for a while with the stock set up and it was fine. I’ve got the FMS 12 blade out runner in her now and there’s a slight up tick in performance and battery drain. Wondering if the in runner will be the right combo.

Comment

• Finally got around to wrapping up my custom Hornet #5.

Running a JetFan90 w/ HET 700-68-1200kv on 10s 5000's. She's kicking out about 3500ish watts and CG's great!

Also made a mod using a Park Flyer Plastics scoop. Super easy mod to get a little airflow in the battery bay. Blue Angel Blue Testors bottle was a little dark, but you can hardly tell from 5ft away.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• AceMigKiller , great work, Sir. She's a beaut and I'm likin' the scoop. Good idea. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• LB why did you remove the light from the top of the aircraft? I added the strikes and vents. I guess the lights should be easy to do. One other question is will you post the file to make the parts for the formation lights.?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Elbee
                                    Elbee commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    DM, Great work on the "Fences" I like your base parts. There isn't a light on the F-18C Fuselage Top. There is a GPS dome antenna in roughly the same location as the OEM light and looks similar. The design of the Formation Lights on the Verticals worked out well enough, I have not yet designed the Fuselage Formation Light Covers. The LED back lights I used are currently unavailable due to shipping from "God Knows Where" is prohibited. :-( Uncertain whether I will post those until that changes. There is another design available for sale from Jeremy Solt: Solt4923crew@hotmail.com and a video of his installation in his F-18C "somewhere" in this thread. ??? Best, LB

• Got her all dressed up with no place to go.

Comment

• She's a looker! Nice job on the livery and weathering!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Great job Jack .

Comment

• Niiice!

Comment

Working...
                                        X