X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
    She's a looker! Nice job on the livery and weathering!
    Thanks Aros. Next up will be the 9blade In runner when it’s available.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
      Great job Jack .
      Thanks Tom. The old Mirage served as my inspiration. Hope you’re well. BTW I’m assuming Apollo is closed???

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcannon View Post

Thanks Tom. The old Mirage served as my inspiration. Hope you’re well. BTW I’m assuming Apollo is closed???
        Thanks! I hope you are doing great as well. I haven't heard about Apollo, but I am choosing to stay home regardless out of personal preference and safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
          Okay Guys and Gals, I am still looking for a livery, so I thought I'd post some more considerations. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	F18 NASA.JPG Views:	329 Size:	253.9 KB ID:	210500
          Click image for larger version  Name:	FA 18 Stingers.JPG Views:	322 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	210501
          Click image for larger version  Name:	FA 18 Stingers 5 View.JPG Views:	296 Size:	145.9 KB ID:	210502
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Decal f18.JPG Views:	322 Size:	98.8 KB ID:	210503
          I do love the super bee scheme and Callie has the set up.

sorry, I think I clicked on a very old page. Still dig the super bee though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcannon View Post
            I do love the super bee scheme and Callie has the set up. Sorry, I think I clicked on a very old page. Still dig the super bee though.
            JC, Yeah, I liked the "Super Bee" big time, but I couldn't clear it through my 'crew chief'. I opted for the 70th Anniversary VFA-41 CAG. I am taking some liberties with the livery since the Freewing is a "C" and not the "F" model, but it'll do. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Black Aces Aviation Graphics F18.JPG
Views:	821
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	246028
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

JC, Yeah, I liked the "Super Bee" big time, but I couldn't clear it through my 'crew chief'. I opted for the 70th Anniversary VFA-41 CAG. I am taking some liberties with the livery since the Freewing is a "C" and not the "F" model, but it'll do. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Black Aces Aviation Graphics F18.JPG
Views:	821
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	246028
              Love the Black Aces livery, although I didn't notice it as one of Callie's stock liveries. Almost went with the Super Bee, which came in at #3 in my book, right behind the livery you chose. For my top pick (and that of my RIO, who is actually my Commander in Chief ) I'll disclose in a couple weeks after I get the painting done. Fortunately got all the graphics some time ago as Callie is so backed up lately with everyone staying home and working on their planes. Almost finished with the canopy modifications (2 weeks in and still another week to go, at least) and I'll post some pictures when finished, but don't expect anything as outstanding as LB's cockpit. His looks so good you could probably strap an EDF to it and just fly that around!
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Elbee, as a Swiss I have chosen the Swiss NATO Tiger Meet 2011 livery (by Callie). Maiden of this bird is planned in June (after the Corona crisis hopefully).
                Stay healthy!

Comment

• Greyhound61 Sharply made, I really like it! Tiger Meet liveries always stand out on every bird. Callie is the best!
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• nice photos gents...quickly how do you guys paint the struts? any particular brand? does it stick well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyhound61 View Post
                      Elbee, as a Swiss I have chosen the Swiss NATO Tiger Meet 2011 livery (by Callie).Stay healthy!
                      GH, As Alpha wrote, I like the "Tiger Meet" liveries. Your Swiss F-18 is Oustanding, Bravo Zulu, Sir. And be well, as well. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyhound61 View Post
                        Elbee, as a Swiss I have chosen the Swiss NATO Tiger Meet 2011 livery (by Callie). Maiden of this bird is planned in June (after the Corona crisis hopefully).
                        Stay healthy!
                        Beautiful work, love that livery and your panel lines and rivot work is exceptional. Did you hire some liliputians to paint those lines and the rivets? Wow, you must have the steady hands of a surgeon! Also looks like you did a few coats of some clear urethane, it really shines! Bravo
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• @Greyhound61
                          Very nice! that was my first idee, now i change to another swiss liveries.... coming soon

Sehr schön gemacht 👍

Comment

• Neo450sxs, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Looking forward to seeing your Swiss F-18 livery, too. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thank you for your compliments, appreciated!
                              @ subhan.nasir: I painted the struts with Revell Aqua Color White silk mat, two coats
                              @ Hugh Wiedman: No liliputians, meditative activity during the long Swiss winter nights :-), I have coated the plane with parquet floor varnish silk mat
                              @ Neo450sxs: Looking forward to see your Swiss version.

Comment

• Hey all,

Motion advices to remove a part of the landing gear springs for grass field ops in the F-22 video. That'll cause less jumping of the jet on takeoff and landing as seen in the video.

Does anybody could give an advice on how much to remove from the F/A-18 springs in order to achieve a similar result? Any experiences?

I am facing the jumping problem with this jet especially on takeoff when she is close to liftoff speed. She tends to (and sometimes) jump(s) into the air and then is very close to stalling when leaving ground effect.

Thanks and stay healthy guys

Comment

• Where do they recommend that?

Comment

• Was in the newer 8s European video

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    Where do they recommend that?

Comment

• Thanks. I don’t have the issue but I fly out ff pavement and have TVs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax View Post
                                        Hey all,

Motion advices to remove a part of the landing gear springs for grass field ops in the F-22 video. That'll cause less jumping of the jet on takeoff and landing as seen in the video.

Does anybody could give an advice on how much to remove from the F/A-18 springs in order to achieve a similar result? Any experiences?

I am facing the jumping problem with this jet especially on takeoff when she is close to liftoff speed. She tends to (and sometimes) jump(s) into the air and then is very close to stalling when leaving ground effect.

Thanks and stay healthy guys
                                        Looks quite simple in the video, just snip out about 3 rings of the springs. That was on the F-22, is this a problem on the F-18 on grass? I do fly off of grass, and have yet to get the F-18 up (still working on it). I have not found it to be a problem on my Avanti, Stinger, F-16, F4's or the SU-30, so just wondered if most of you are having this problem on grass. Obviously Quax has had this issue, anyone else?
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Looks quite simple in the video, just snip out about 3 rings of the springs. That was on the F-22, is this a problem on the F-18 on grass? I do fly off of grass, and have yet to get the F-18 up (still working on it). I have not found it to be a problem on my Avanti, Stinger, F-16, F4's or the SU-30, so just wondered if most of you are having this problem on grass. Obviously Quax has had this issue, anyone else?
                                          Mine won't get off from grass. It's never cut short enough for the F-18 to get rolling fast enough to get up to take off speed. I do have jets that will just barely make it and it almost does what the poster said. It jumps into the air and almost stalls. If I rotate just a bit earlier, it would have stalled. The problem is NOT the springs. It's trying to rotate before the plane has enough speed to actually fly. Because of the huge elevators on this plane, it's possible to rotate it before it's ready. Then it goes into high alpha and reduces the lift even further. I don't fly this plane off grass anymore, at least not until they cut it much, much shorter.

Comment

Working...
                                          X