Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my I am drooling over those jets! The F-18s, B-2, A-12...

So many jets, too little money to do anything about it.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Brinka - Will definitely put Florida jets on my list of events to attend next year for sure. Nothing but great images from that show. Have to see it in person

Comment

• Baby just spread your wings

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
          Brinka - Will definitely put Florida jets on my list of events to attend next year for sure. Nothing but great images from that show. Have to see it in person
          Absolutely James, they will gladly welcome you and Motion for sure! Very nice flying field also, will be looking forward to meeting you next year!

​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
            Oh my I am drooling over those jets! The F-18s, B-2, A-12...

So many jets, too little money to do anything about it.
            You've got that right, glad you enjoy the pics, this year's show had a great variety of scale Jets, and they all flew, not just static displays!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spinny Testaverde View Post
              Baby just spread your wings
              Was that Rich flying or Justin?

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

Was that Rich flying or Justin?
                Rich, this was NiTF when he took the BA you set up and was not digging your expo settings I think haha.

Comment

• Finally finished my 3D cockpit for the F-18, 3 weeks in the making. Man, there are so many pieces to this and it is so intricate it was a pain painting each switch with a toothpick. Tried to emulate, in some small way, the work done by "The Master" (LB) but just can't match his incredible scale and detail. Seems I'm working with shaking "meat hooks" for fingers and am somewhat blind at close range, so no guarantees on how it came out. I think LB must have, in addition to a 3D printer, a shrinking machine that he shrunk 30 painters/mechanics to work on his cockpit-That's just not fair! Anyway, as most of you know who have seen my work before, I ain't no "scale" modeler and tend towards the side of outrageously flashy on all my liveries, so no snide remarks on how the finishes are not scale. I know, I'm the when it comes to scale, but I do like being outrageous. Heck, I almost painted stuff with fluorescent orange, pink and purple to make things stand out. Besides, no one will ever really see the detail again at the field other than the pictures I post here, so no big deal.

Now that the cockpit is finished, the actual F-18 is finally on the way cause I put off ordering it for 2 months (partly to finish my SU-30 and also the thing, but mostly until the cockpit was finished), although I have all the other pieces, Callie's Canadian graphics (thankfully cause she is now 5 weeks backed up with orders, good for her), a receiver and even RC Geek's new twin afterburner for the stock outrunner. A month ago I ordered his regular AB, but his new one has two nozzle cones and of course I had to have it and I just received that-OMG, I just realized that I've already modified a modification and don't even have the jet in my hands! To make matters worse, I for sure will end up sticking an inrunner in it, at least after this flies first with the stock, so I can see the difference and I'll have to get a new 3rd AB for that. Man, I really am insane.

Ended up using a Jet Hangar Hobby 1/10 scale full body pilot, cut off below the knees. Their 1/12 scale fit much better, but it was cut off at the waist and elbows. Can't have a pilot with no balls or hands, but the 1/10 was difficult to fit in and looks a little large. But then I like big, well fed and happy pilots. I put the head moving warbirds pilot in my Corsair that is nicknamed "Clint Walker" so why not have an "Arnold" in my F-18 (in his current massive size). To get his fat arse to fit, I had to remove the base of the seat, trim down his thighs and rear end, and even make the back of the seat and ejection seat thinner to move him back. Could barely keep his head inside the canopy, but he sure has a good "birds eye" view over the nose. I originally painted his suit red with blue belts and flotation device to somewhat match some Canadian colors but even my lead designer and CO said he looked like a , just like the guy at the sticks. She advised me to tone him down and obviously I followed orders like a good boy.

Anyway, I'm finished with it and it's the best I could do so am fine with the way it turned out. Sorry for so many pictures, but as I said, this is probably the only time anyone will really see what's in there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200406_202531.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	247280Click image for larger version

Name:	20200406_203232.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	247281Click image for larger version

Name:	20200406_203246.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	247282

Name:	20200406_202821.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	247283Click image for larger version

Name:	20200406_203312.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	247284Click image for larger version

Name:	20200406_203455.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	247285

Name:	20200407_151230.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	247286Click image for larger version

Name:	20200407_153219.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	247287

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Wow Hugh that's pretty damn outstanding! That's a lot of minuscule detail work there friend. Bravo Zulu to you sir!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman, Yeppers, Acme Shrink Ray Gun (see below) Your work is awesome to say the least. I love it. Tamms read your post as well and we both have tears in our eyes. . You done good, Brother. I'm proud of ya. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, Steve

Name:	Ray Gun.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	247324
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                        Hugh Wiedman, Yeppers, Acme Shrink Ray Gun (see below) Your work is awesome to say the least. I love it. Tamms read your post as well and we both have tears in our eyes. . You done good, Brother. I'm proud of ya. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, Steve

Name:	Ray Gun.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	247324
                        Praise from The Master and my personal mentor is much appreciated and always welcome. Wait till you see the repaint, it will most likely look like the face of an aging drunk actress after applying lipstick!
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I've been slowly working my way through the threads.

Who has pictures of their gyro installation?

I have the A3L in my plane, mounted on the left side of the fuselag, at the aft edge of the canopy. Onky problem is in that location I cant use the aft hold down strap because it and thd battery will hit the gyro. It might press the program button and cause the gyro to get wonky.

3 flights this past Sunday on the 6000 Admiral, 5:40 take off to landing with 3.7 per cell after taxi back to the pits.

Everything is stock, running Futaba radio gear.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Door Guns View Post
                            Who has pictures of their gyro installation?
                            A fairly easy solution .................................................. .....

Name:	IMG_3573.JPG
Views:	662
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	247363

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              A fairly easy solution .................................................. .....

Name:	IMG_3573.JPG
Views:	662
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	247363
                              Thanks, that looks better than 7 more servo extensions taking it to the front.

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman That looks outstanding! Bless your soul with that paint brush, I would've lost it on day one! So far your F18 Cockpit is the most scale we've seen, the work shows indeed, and yes everyone will notice on the ground. Can't wait to see her up close, you're gonna love the Hornet!

Comment

• https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/cl...s-slime-lights

Hey Hornet Howners, I was asked again about Formation (Slime) Lights on my F-18 and without a consistent source for the LED Back Light Panels I used, I thought I'd repost from 4923crew on the F-22 Forum the sets available using a more standard LED light. Check it out if interested. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Just viewed a video on you tube of a mad man flying and crashing his FW BA F-18. It looked to me like one exhaust nozzle (left) was pointing up and out.He kept wondering why the jet went into a nose up left spiral after takeoff and eventually hit the ground. From what I can see on pictures of the FW F-18 the nozzles are not aligned that way. After the jet crashed, sounded like he processed to bash the jet as junk and faulty. What am I missing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOFO1 View Post
                                      Just viewed a video on you tube of a mad man flying and crashing his FW BA F-18. It looked to me like one exhaust nozzle (left) was pointing up and out.He kept wondering why the jet went into a nose up left spiral after takeoff and eventually hit the ground. From what I can see on pictures of the FW F-18 the nozzles are not aligned that way. After the jet crashed, sounded like he processed to bash the jet as junk and faulty. What am I missing.
                                      Can you post up that video? I can't see that the current gen of FW BA F-18 has nozzles that can be aligned differently. They are fixed. Unless it's one of two possibilities ...................................
                                      1. He modified his plane to have adjustable nozzles (ie, thrust vectoring) or ......................
                                      2. He had the previous gen of FW F-18, which came with TV and he painted it in BA theme.
                                      Many pilots, when they've crashed a new plane, will say it's never their fault. It's always the plane's fault and it's junk.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        Many pilots, when they've crashed a new plane, will say it's never their fault. It's always the plane's fault and it's junk.
                                        It's like blaming your new toaster because your toast is burnt in my humble opinion. Good to read your voice, XV. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I learned a long time ago when it comes to a crash to assume it's my fault unless proven otherwise.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X