X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by didier n View Post
    Finally got my F 18 back to flying condition...And yes, it fly's great ! Grtz, Didier
    DN, Congratulations. You did an outstanding job, she is a beauty, and what a great story. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey Guys and Dolls, Finished some sizing, fit and finish on 3DP vents, antennae, and panels forward of the NG for the Fuselage Bottom. I know these are 'on the bottom' but it looks "nekid" without 'em to me. The STL Files will be available in the 3D Printing forum here at the Squawk soon for those who are interested. Note" the "blade" antenna pictured just fwd of the NG bay goes on the aft side of the NG bay. Best, LB
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Your new name LB is "Next Level".
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
          Your new name LB is "Next Level".
          Aros, then you can call me NLB. Best, Next Level B@st@rd
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
            Hey Guys and Dolls, Finished some sizing, fit and finish on 3DP vents, antennae, and panels forward of the NG for the Fuselage Bottom. I know these are 'on the bottom' but it looks "nekid" without 'em to me. The STL Files will be available in the 3D Printing forum here at the Squawk soon for those who are interested. Note" the "blade" antenna pictured just fwd of the NG bay goes on the aft side of the NG bay. Best, LB
            If you keep going you're going to force me to invest in one of these... But....

Click image for larger version

Name:	flyingTanks3wire.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	256642

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

If you keep going you're going to force me to invest in one of these... But....

Name:	flyingTanks3wire.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	256642
              Beeg, I can design that mod given enough HP. Well done, Sir, great photo. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Finally got the maiden in on the F-18 Canadian. Brinka was good enough to perform the maiden and get it all trimmed out for me, if Jason's not the best EDF pilot around, I'd like to see who is. When I grow up, I'd like to fly just 1/2 as good as he does.

I was concerned that it wouldn't fly that well, considering it is over 1 pound heavier than the stock with the 3D cockpit, extra paint, urethane and afterburners, but it took off without any flaps and flew great. It's no speed demo, as his BA F-18 (he installed the stock F-16 fan in his BA) is a rocket compared to mine, but I'm more than happy to cruise around at slower speeds cause I can see the orientation better and guess I'm just a little old granny. It still climbs great as is. I've got the stock outrunner 9 blade 3748-1750 and was thinking I might need to upgrade it to the 12 blade inrunner I put in the F-16 or even the new 9 blade inrunner the BA now comes in, but I think I'll leave it like this for now. We used the RT 6250 mah battery and consistently came back to the pits after 4 minutes of aggressive flying with 45% battery left. The last flight of 3 it came in with 55% after 4 minutes, can't beat that (but I'm sure Jason had something to do with that).

First flight was at 88 mm CG and it was very nose heavy, needing as much as 20% up elevator trim. 2nd flight he got it locked in as I moved the battery as far aft as I could (around 93 mm CG) and added enough subtrim on the elevator to level it and as they say, "the rest is history". Next flights I'll take it to my usual grass field and expect to have some real fun now that Jason has done all the heavy lifting.

Put together a video of the flight, but have to apologize for it as I did it on my phone and could have used some zoom. Guess I'm an equally poor videographer as a pilot.

Here's the You Tube Link: https://youtu.be/JMQTuHvB4yA Looks better on You Tube instead of the small video below.

Name:	20200527_102847.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	256888

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman My heartiest congratulations, Sir. She is simply a gorgeous thing. Bravo Zulu some more. Brinka Well done, Jason. Best, Steve
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman Beautiful F/A-18, the Canadian scheme looks terrific!

Comment

• Congrats!

Comment

• Nice work Hugh Wiedman ! Just a beautiful job with her, congrats!
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I finally bit and it will arrive tomorrow morning. To save me pages of searching, could someone please post a link to 3D print nose gear brace. Thank you.

Comment

• Hey Y'all, Fill sand repeat, fill sand repeat...fuselage priming tomorrow if it's not too windy, but I did spice up the nose a bit without succumbing to a full rhinoplasty. Actually didn't need much but the OEM Gun Port was a bit wonky on mine, so why not. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Better hurry up and finish it so you can start on your new EDF!

Comment

• Elbee
                                Elbee commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I am hurrying, LOL, really I am, but I'm thinkin' that Bubble-Top Corsair sitting in the closet is next in the queue. ;)

• Hugh Wiedman It was a pleasure to fly that gorgeous F18 Canadian Hornet! I truly appreciate you trusting me, and I thank you for that. You will have a great time flying her, after 3 flights, we got her trimmed up and ready for you. My only issue is that she is too pretty to take her up every week, fly her on special occasions, the work you've done is outstanding, shouts out to Elbee that cockpit is insane! I will see you soon at your home field! Humble thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post
                                Hugh Wiedman It was a pleasure to fly that gorgeous F18 Canadian Hornet! I truly appreciate you trusting me, and I thank you for that. You will have a great time flying her, after 3 flights, we got her trimmed up and ready for you. My only issue is that she is too pretty to take her up every week, fly her on special occasions, the work you've done is outstanding, shouts out to Elbee that cockpit is insane! I will see you soon at your home field! Humble thank you.
                                Brinka thanks for all your help, as usual, you can fly her and anything else I have anytime. I know my entire fleet would be much happier with you at the helm than their current "master". I'll definitely only fly her on "special occasions", which for me is anytime I get out to the field.
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Weathering the F18. I painted the cockpot interior black after these were taken.I still need to do the nozzles and vert stabs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Door Guns View Post
                                    Weathering the F18. I painted the cockpot interior black after these were taken.I still need to do the nozzles and vert stabs.
                                    DG, Great work on your Hornet. The weathering is subtle and diggin' your livery choice. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Love the subtle weathering job Door Guns !
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Agree, a very well done job on this not often seen livery, certainly comes alive doesn't she.

Comment

Working...
                                        X