Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm buying the ARF F-18 in Base Grey, I'm putting a FMS 90mm in it. What do I need to know about this plane? Do I need to replace the servos in the horizontal stabilizers? Also, I'd like to do tailerons and ailerons and skip the full span flaps. What do I need to know about tailerons on this plane? F-18's don't axial roll, so I'd like to mimic the "F-18" roll.

Comment

• The servo issues have been fixed though you'll have a bunch of people saying replace them after me. The only other issue is the mains hanging up when retracting on some planes.

I have tailerons mixed to ailerons on mine that activate when the gear goes up. I know the F-18 has a wonky roll but it was too pronounce on mine so I added a small down pitch trim when ever I roll that makes the roll more axial. I also have crow, rudder airbrakes, and full span flaps selectable. I don't like or use the full span flaps. I do like and use the crow/ rudder air brakes every flight after I touch down, I really like them. I also have them on other planes like the F-22, Mig-29 and even my new OV-10.

Comment

• Not tryin to endorse, advertise, or get in trouble with the mod's in here. Have yet to dive into the edf scene even. Just ran across this in one of my other forums and thought it was wicked awesome! Especially for those of you that are seriously into modeling details. For all I know it's probably been around a while. It just blew me away with the detail.

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• No trouble here friend. That is next level! WOW!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Probably cost as much, if not more, then the plane itself! But it is too cool... Obviously for only the very serious of modelers.
            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
              Not tryin to endorse, advertise, or get in trouble with the mod's in here. Have yet to dive into the edf scene even. Just ran across this in one of my other forums and thought it was wicked awesome! Especially for those of you that are seriously into modeling details. For all I know it's probably been around a while. It just blew me away with the detail.
              Auhhhhh-Mazing. And here I thought all this time I had OCD, evidently not. Great vid. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Not tryin to endorse, advertise, or get in trouble with the mod's in here. Have yet to dive into the edf scene even. Just ran across this in one of my other forums and thought it was wicked awesome! Especially for those of you that are seriously into modeling details. For all I know it's probably been around a while. It just blew me away with the detail.

Ha-ha, now that's awesome. Not only is the cost probably intense, but it must weigh a good chunk as well.

Comment

• Found this on just the screens... $350(us).!! So yeah, I imagine a fully setup cockpit is more than intensely insane!!

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Found this on just the screens... $350(us).!! So yeah, I imagine a fully setup cockpit is more than intensely insane!!

Hey, with a crowbar, I might just be able to fit those in my FW F-18.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Hey, with a crowbar, I might just be able to fit those in my FW F-18.
                      Yeah, sorry there Hugh, it is built for 1/5 scale. I just thought it was pretty sweet...
                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Yeah, sorry there Hugh, it is built for 1/5 scale. I just thought it was pretty sweet...
                        Yeah, I got that, just kidding myself. But hey, isn't it time for a 1/5 scale F-18 from Freewing?
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hi Guys, I'm looking at the FW F-18 Blue Angel as my next EDF.

Am i right in thinking that the High Power has all the original releases problems sorted? Is there anything i would need to do before maiden? Many thanks.

Comment

• As far as I know Necroscope yes, the new High Performance version has none of the issues from the first batch. I will be ordering one myself here shortly!
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                              As far as I know Necroscope yes, the new High Performance version has none of the issues from the first batch. I will be ordering one myself here shortly!
                              That is what i thought, but the way RC Informer was talking, made me doubt myself. Thank you.

Comment

• Sorry guys one more question, dynamically how does the F-18 compare to the F-22 (90mm), F-16 (70mm) and Avanti S?

Comment

• They are all different, they have different personalities. I have all of them and like each one for what they are. I upgraded power on each. The F-16 has a XRP, the rest have Jetfan/ HET 8s setups. The F-22 got thrust vectoring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                    As far as I know Necroscope yes, the new High Performance version has none of the issues from the first batch. I will be ordering one myself here shortly!
                                    I'm still preparing for my maiden flight on mine, I'm doing the Year One Super Bee scheme ... it's a nightmare but I hope it will look good once finished.

A little concerned I'm adding weight with all of the decals and paint, but hey...

Comment

• The43rdHammer, According to Hugh Wiedman, the extra weight is not as big an issue as one might think. With mods, my Hornet will be a bit portly, but so be it. Is this the "Bumble Bee" livery you are using? If so, that will be an awesome "Bug". Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	FA 18 Stingers.JPG
Views:	550
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	265820Click image for larger version

Name:	FA 18 Stingers 5 View.JPG
Views:	536
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	265821
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee Yes it is, my wife has just finished training as a beekeeper and we have our first hive at the bottom of the garden (well she does). I thought it would be fun to comemorate them with this scheme. Will post some pics once finished, but it's proving to be a tough one to get right, I've never come quite so close to tears when modding an aircraft 🤣.

Thanks for your post and your thoughts on weight, it has put me more at ease with what I've been doing.

I used the Callie vinyls but had to carve them up along the spine (or thorax if you're a bee I suppose 🤣) to get a fit and finish that I was happy with... good job I bought 2 sets ... I live in England!

Andy

Comment

• Originally posted by The43rdHammer View Post
                                          Elbee Yes it is, my wife has just finished training as a beekeeper and we have our first hive at the bottom of the garden (well she does). I thought it would be fun to comemorate them with this scheme. Will post some pics once finished, but it's proving to be a tough one to get right, I've never come quite so close to tears when modding an aircraft 🤣.

Thanks for your post and your thoughts on weight, it has put me more at ease with what I've been doing.

I used the Callie vinyls but had to carve them up along the spine (or thorax if you're a bee I suppose 🤣) to get a fit and finish that I was happy with... good job I bought 2 sets ... I live in England!

Andy
                                          Andy, You are most welcome. I thought about doing this one and then opted not. Glad to see it being done. I picked up the 12-blade EDF with Inrunner from MotionRC with the thought a bit more 'grunt' or torque couldn't hurt, you might check it out if you have a major concern about weight, though again, Hugh writes that his is all good with OEM equipment. BTW, I showed Tamms this post as she is very interested, as am I, in building and keeping a hive out back. We've been talking about it for a couple years and figure it's time to do rather than think. Any research info would be appreciated if you are willing to share research. Just PM me here. In the mean time, I will be looking forward to seeing your progress. Post pics as you are able, Best, Steve
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X