Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL! Yeah, who do I need to talk to around here anyways, sheesh, lol...

It's a complete mystery how the servos act fine on the ground but once in the air one stops working properly. Never seen anything like it and if I didn't have video evidence I wouldn't believe it!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by uscanuck1xa View Post
      Had a chance to get the red stripes on the fuse this Saturday - only one more painting session left to complete the blue on the fuse. Then the fun part of applying the final graphics and attending to some of the details.
      ]
      Lookin' good thus far. Keep up the great work. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
        LOL! Yeah, who do I need to talk to around here anyways, sheesh, lol...

It's a complete mystery how the servos act fine on the ground but once in the air one stops working properly. Never seen anything like it and if I didn't have video evidence I wouldn't believe it!
        I've had some bad servos with mine in the elevators through a couple of sets. Even one of the replacement 17g servos MRC sent me under warranty started doing the same thing after a few flights. They do start glitching on the ground though before I've noticed it in the air though. I replaced them before they decided to act up in flight.

One of my flap servos didn't fully deploy on one of the flights that made landing interesting. I replaced those too.

Ailerons and rudders have been fine so far.

Comment

• Hornet flight compilation feat. 'The Lightburner', enjoy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post
            Aros that is a real bummer, what happened? It took me about 8 flights to find the sweet spot for the CG and it has been a real joy to fly.
            Where are you with your CG out of curiosity?

Comment

• Would the upgraded Freewing high torque MIG 29 elevator servos be an appropriate upgrade for the F18?

Comment

• Originally posted by dsmithwc04 View Post
                Would the upgraded Freewing high torque MIG 29 elevator servos be an appropriate upgrade for the F18?
                DS, I would think any upgrade to an airframe that removes some doubt is a good upgrade. I did not change out the servos on mine, but I did go to ball-links and threaded rod for my elevator linkages. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by dsmithwc04 View Post
                  Would the upgraded Freewing high torque MIG 29 elevator servos be an appropriate upgrade for the F18?
                  I think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

DS, I would think any upgrade to an airframe that removes some doubt is a good upgrade. I did not change out the servos on mine, but I did go to ball-links and threaded rod for my elevator linkages. Best, LB
                    Thanks. I put Hitec's in the MIG since the Freewing "upgrade" servos were still not worthy enough for the job IMHO. Looks like I'll pop these into the F18

Comment

• New video of the Hornet!

Just... not 'the Freewing one' lol

Comment

• I was first like, "What the heck model is that and where's the buy it now button!!"
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• ROFL!

You're not the first though!

Comment

• Quite a few badass moves packed in this one :)

Comment

• Alittle off track here........Just got an early Christmas gift of a Freewing F-18 Blue Angels 90mm - ARF. Question: I have an F-15 Super Scale that was a Std edition until I upgraded to the 4068-1835KV Inrunner.
                              The outrunner from the F-15 3748-1650KV is just looking for a home. Opinions on how the outrunner will perform in the F-18?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cape Jets View Post
                                Alittle off track here........Just got an early Christmas gift of a Freewing F-18 Blue Angels 90mm - ARF. Question: I have an F-15 Super Scale that was a Std edition until I upgraded to the 4068-1835KV Inrunner.
                                The outrunner from the F-15 3748-1650KV is just looking for a home. Opinions on how the outrunner will perform in the F-18?
                                I have the "old" 3748-1750 Kv outrunner in my F-18 and it still flies well and takes off of our grass runway in a short distance, so the fan from your F-15 may work OK. On the other hand, if spending a few more bucks on the F-18 is no big deal, I would still REALLY recommend the upgraded 9 blade 1900 Kv inrunner they now come with, or even much better, that same 12 blade 4068-1835 KV inrunner you put in the F-15, definitely my favorite 90mm Motion EDF. I would put that in every 90 mm I have if "money was not an issue". I have it in my F-16 and love it, it has the quintessential whoosh sound (no whining here) and has great initial thrust to get off grass. Elbee just put it in his new F-18 and we're awaiting his opinion on it.
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hello all,
                                  Recently, I bought the Superhornet in the high performance edition. Unfortunately ist seems the plane reached the end of it‘s lifecycle in the MotionRC shop. There‘re no offers of any decals or arming to customize it. Do you have any idea where I might search? Otherwise my Christmas project will receive some additional painting and tinker tasks... 😎

Comment

• Originally posted by Polyphren View Post
                                    Hello all,
                                    Recently, I bought the Superhornet in the high performance edition. Unfortunately ist seems the plane reached the end of it‘s lifecycle in the MotionRC shop. There‘re no offers of any decals or arming to customize it. Do you have any idea where I might search? Otherwise my Christmas project will receive some additional painting and tinker tasks... 😎
                                    Unsure of your geographic location, but in the US, Callie Graphics has a number of options for customization and she can do custom orders as well:

Below are our current offerings for this plane.Not sure what scale your model is?  Check out our Scale Help page to find out.  If your scale isn't listed, no worries!  We are always happy to make up a smaller/larger scale or an in-between size.  Contact Us for a price.

For weapons, MRC's missiles from the F-16 will fit, or you could 3D print a set if you have access to a printer or printing service.

The base gray version was designed for customization. MRC is going to sell a decal set it appears soon, but it's out of stock. Until then, you're on your own by design. The only other scheme available is the Blue Angels.

Comment

• @Mizer67:
                                      Thanks a lot. My homebase is in Germany. But anyhow shipping from the US normally works quite well.
                                      I had the idea of a digital camo. Something inbetween the attached examples. This should be challenging enough. I don‘t want to paint the national emblems and serial numbers as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	65B9DB10-259A-4953-89B9-81F626B1C24D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	153.8 KB ID:	289224
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	105689AC-60CE-4C4F-AD04-A82EF77925D4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	181.0 KB ID:	289225

Comment

• Polyphren , Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Great information here as you have already read. Great livery options. Mizer67 suggestion is spot on. See Callie Graphics www.calliegraphics.com for their stock schemes and she can assist with your digital camo as well. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Not critical unless you ask for decals or parts but FreeWing has made both a 90mm F/A18E Super Hornet and a 90mm F/A18C Legacy Hornet. The current one, probably what you are talking about, is not a Super Hornet.

Comment

Working...
                                          X