X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Not sure exactly what you mean. I'm already using the 6S 4068-1835 kv 12 blade inrunner and it comes with a metal duct, same as with the 8S 12 blade inrunner.
    I apparently missed the 2x batteries for 8S vs 1x for 6S.

Maybe add one of those afterburner units would be just enough? At least it wouldn't be deadweight that does nothing. Or do you already have one installed, too?

Or more radically, do some spine surgery to extend the cockpit/battery hatch, and the hollow out an extended cavity to push back the batteries further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post

I checked connectors in nav light slots and they both work fine. Lights themselves are fine there is another issue. Here is the pic
      The navigation lights are constant-on (simple pass-through of voltage & ground), but the strobe and take-off lights operate off logic circuits (pulse & switch) - sounds like bad silicon in the blue box.

You're not using more than 5V to power the electronics? I recall some bad stories of the blue box not liking higher voltages.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

I apparently missed the 2x batteries for 8S vs 1x for 6S.

Maybe add one of those afterburner units would be just enough? At least it wouldn't be deadweight that does nothing. Or do you already have one installed, too?

Or more radically, do some spine surgery to extend the cockpit/battery hatch, and the hollow out an extended cavity to push back the batteries further.
        Already have the AB's and removed the circuit board to jam the battery as far back as possible. Oh well, the 6S 12 blade inrunner does perform incredibly well, almost 5 minutes of flight time and no need to invest in more batteries, so #2 may just end up like #1. At least I won't "love one more than the other", at least that what I tell my kids.
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

The navigation lights are constant-on (simple pass-through of voltage & ground), but the strobe and take-off lights operate off logic circuits (pulse & switch) - sounds like bad silicon in the blue box.

You're not using more than 5V to power the electronics? I recall some bad stories of the blue box not liking higher voltages.
          They are sending me new blue box. That appears to be the issue. Thanks.

Another question though. I bought the SkyRC B6AC 6S charger and it appears I will need a adaptor for my Admiral5000 mah 6s battery. Can anyone link me to the correct type ?

Comment

Already have the AB's and removed the circuit board to jam the battery as far back as possible. Oh well, the 6S 12 blade inrunner does perform incredibly well, almost 5 minutes of flight time and no need to invest in more batteries, so #2 may just end up like #1. At least I won't "love one more than the other", at least that what I tell my kids.
            i would love to have some useful comment about this but I almost crashed my10s setup because it was tail heavy. Minor repairs made will be out tomorrow working out the bugs. I cut my canopy back to the bulkhead put bluebox, receiver and gyro under battery. lots of room down there and one battery back to bulkhead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary S. View Post

i would love to have some useful comment about this but I almost crashed my10s setup because it was tail heavy. Minor repairs made will be out tomorrow working out the bugs. I cut my canopy back to the bulkhead put bluebox, receiver and gyro under battery. lots of room down there and one battery back to bulkhead.
              Wow, that must be a rocket ship on 10S! Would like to see some photos of your battery bay mods and how you fit the batteries in. What batteries are you using and what CG are you flying at? For my last flights my CG was at 105 mm (from the 88 mm recommended) and for me it was still too nose heavy, so next time out going to 110 mm or more. What fan are you using? Guess I'm just like the "little old lady from Pasadena" with a 6S setup! Number 2 is on the way from MRC (with a Mig 29 for company ) but whimped out and just got the 6S 12 blade inrunner.
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Wow, that must be a rocket ship on 10S! Would like to see some photos of your battery bay mods and how you fit the batteries in. What batteries are you using and what CG are you flying at? For my last flights my CG was at 105 mm (from the 88 mm recommended) and for me it was still too nose heavy, so next time out going to 110 mm or more. What fan are you using? Guess I'm just like the "little old lady from Pasadena" with a 6S setup! Number 2 is on the way from MRC (with a Mig 29 for company ) but whimped out and just got the 6S 12 blade inrunner.

Comment

• Flys like it's on rails would show more but hit a tree on approach. The main warning... the extra weight can cause surprising stalls if airspeed gets too low.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary S. View Post
                    Tres bien!! But too bad about the tree. Those Commie Evergreens are always in my way! Found a Stihl chainsaw works wonder. Hope you get it back up soon!
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Right about 30 flights on this one. Nice calm air today. Then I do this. I now realize I prefer a little bit of a headwind when landing the F-18 on our Runway.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• DOH! I literally hate when that happens. Glad it wasn't worse but I feel your pain.
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                          DOH! I literally hate when that happens. Glad it wasn't worse but I feel your pain.
                          Yeah, thanks. And I don’t have any legit excuse. Pilot error all the way...

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post
                            Right about 30 flights on this one. Nice calm air today. Then I do this. I now realize I prefer a little bit of a headwind when landing the F-18 on our Runway.
                            And none of us have ever done that before! At least it's proves you're flying. Noticed the SMC 6200 40C? Great battery, no? The only ones I've tried that actually test out to the labeled C. Danny does a great job, can't wait for those 6200's to get back in stock.
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Yeah, thanks. And I don’t have any legit excuse. Pilot error all the way...
                              Been there done that, got the t-shirt. I have way too many t-shirts.

My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Right about 30 flights on this one. Nice calm air today. Then I do this. I now realize I prefer a little bit of a headwind when landing the F-18 on our Runway.
                                Been there way too many times.... I can change a retract faster than Nascar can have a pit stop. My problem is I always do the controlled crash landings and the retracts don't like it Side note though, check out RC Informer upgrade for the front gear it might help next time. And yes there will be a next time. All part of flying they tell me.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cape Jets View Post

Been there way too many times.... I can change a retract faster than Nascar can have a pit stop. My problem is I always do the controlled crash landings and the retracts don't like it Side note though, check out RC Informer upgrade for the front gear it might help next time. And yes there will be a next time. All part of flying they tell me.....
                                  Haha. Yeah, this certainly isn’t a first for me either. It was just one of those days where the weather was great. The F-18 was great. And for some reason, I was NOT great. Or good. Or... haha. I’ll look for RC Informers Upgrade. Thanks.

Comment

And none of us have ever done that before! At least it's proves you're flying. Noticed the SMC 6200 40C? Great battery, no? The only ones I've tried that actually test out to the labeled C. Danny does a great job, can't wait for those 6200's to get back in stock.
                                    Yes! SMC 6200 40c. I have three of them, and will buy more when available again.
                                    Like you said, great battery. You all might think I’m crazy, but I can see/feel a difference when I fly the SMC 6200 back to back with the Admiral 6000. Great power the whole flight.

Comment

Yes! SMC 6200 40c. I have three of them, and will buy more when available again.
                                      Like you said, great battery. You all might think I’m crazy, but I can see/feel a difference when I fly the SMC 6200 back to back with the Admiral 6000. Great power the whole flight.
                                      So the race is on for when they get back! Same with me, I notice the difference immediately when flying with SMC vs Admiral/HRB/Roaring Top/etc. And you're not crazy, just put a Amps/Watts meter on it and you'll see there's a 5-10% or more increase in power draws. I use their 8100 mah in my F16, Breakfast of Champions, and the F18 and F4's feast on the 6200!
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• How do you Y the ailerons and flaps when the linkage comes trough the white wires in the wings? Do you have to run an extension all the way through each wing and bypass the ribbon cable ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                                          How do you Y the ailerons and flaps when the linkage comes trough the white wires in the wings? Do you have to run an extension all the way through each wing and bypass the ribbon cable ?
                                          I don't think the ailerons & flaps should be Y'ed because the flaps have half the deflection range, i.e. down only.

Comment

Working...
                                          X