X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
    I typically epoxy the area in front of the fans so it will take better the damage from sucking debris up and I routinely replace EDF rotors when they get too badly chipped.

You don't mean something like this by any chance.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210412_211448.jpg Views:	0 Size:	207.8 KB ID:	317552

And this ain't my kitchen disposal!

Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Post Stall Svengali, now that put a smile on my face... from now on it will be right under my avatar, see what you did!
    It's all your fault!
    Love it, first time anyone's taken my suggestion. My kids stopped when they turned 5 and of course my Wife only took one of my suggestions, when I proposed, and even that she regrets.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	20210412_211448.jpg Views:	0 Size:	207.8 KB ID:	317552
      I've flown with worse, but yeah, that pretty much sums the issue up perfectly!

Comment

• Fly to the rainbow... @ Breesemodelvleugels VZW Belgium Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210707-00480.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	317990

Regards,

Didier

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	317994
          Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	20210412_211448.jpg Views:	0 Size:	207.8 KB ID:	317552

And this ain't my kitchen disposal!

Love it, first time anyone's taken my suggestion. My kids stopped when they turned 5 and of course my Wife only took one of my suggestions, when I proposed, and even that she regrets.
          Last edited by Gary S.; Jul 7, 2021, 02:41 PM. Reason: Not as bad but lots of small chips

Comment

• Hi all, anyone know where to find the most scale pylon STL file for this plane?

Comment

• Originally posted by metalfred View Post
              Hi all, anyone know where to find the most scale pylon STL file for this plane?
              MF. Welcome to Hobby Squawk. If you have not already checked, try Thingiverse and type Freewing in the Search bar. Many STL files there. Not certain about a pylon, though there might be something you can scale up/down that would work for you. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I believe he's talking real-life scale, not Freewing-style (though probably preferably compatible with the tongues-and-slots).

Click image for larger version  Name:	51947-07475-25029084-m549x500.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.8 KB ID:	318037

Comment

• Has anyone installed an 80mm fan using the included adapter? Can someone show/illustrate how it was used?

Comment

• Finally got some photos of the F-18 Tiger Meet out in the sun. Still haven't been able to maiden her yet, the last month's weather has been wind/rain/hurricanes/. Hopefully soon, and I'll be able to maiden my repainted Mig as well.

Looks better in the sun compared to the artificial indoor light. The real odd thing was any sun/clouds/shading really affects the different shades of sunset yellow going to dark orange. Kinda cool and suspect the 4 coats of clear gloss spar urethane affects the colors with different sun light intensities.

Direct Sun:

Click image for larger version  Name:	H Wiedman-F18 Tiger Meet.jpg Views:	0 Size:	329.5 KB ID:	318502Click image for larger version  Name:	20210711_171319.jpg Views:	0 Size:	242.1 KB ID:	318503

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210711_171802.jpg Views:	0 Size:	298.7 KB ID:	318507Click image for larger version  Name:	20210711_171812.jpg Views:	0 Size:	340.2 KB ID:	318508

Coming Out of the Jungle:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210711_170801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	362.1 KB ID:	318504Click image for larger version  Name:	20210711_172026.jpg Views:	0 Size:	229.5 KB ID:	318505Click image for larger version  Name:	20210711_172351.jpg Views:	0 Size:	333.3 KB ID:	318506
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Elbee
                      Elbee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hugh, Simply stunning. Best, Steve

• Wow Hugh Wiedman stellar job my friend!!! Looks factory! Do I sense a future March Madness entry??
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                      Wow Hugh Wiedman stellar job my friend!!! Looks factory! Do I sense a future March Madness entry??
                      Thanks, really appreciate it. All I know is I'm done for the year painting,/building. I don't want to see an MRC box at my door for awhile. We've had some of the worst flying weather these last 2 months in some time, so It was nice to keep connected to RC by working on the F18 and Mig, but I'm close to losing it without being able to relax and fly. Gotta get back to my simple routine of Fly a Little, Repair a lot, then Fly a Little again. Checked the weather, next 10 days still suck, and I just saw Noah float by and he waved at me!
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Unbelievable Hugh your planes are works of art. Don't honesty know if I would ever fly them, just show them and put back in the hanger. But as we all know they are meant to Fly and I am sure the weather will break soon so you can get her in the air. Happy Flying
                        Side Note: I finally got the nerve up to maiden one of my Blue Angels and she flew great. The weather here on Cape Cod had been raining all July so I feel your pain with the weather.....
                        Posted by one of our OMAC members:
                        At our field F-18's have historically been difficult to fly and often have had tragic endings. Well, that ended today! George had a very successful "Maiden" of his new F-18 today! A real nice flight with a very smooth landing! Congratulations George!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	215278942_4015108898542219_239434454495631907_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.7 KB ID:	318701

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Thanks, really appreciate it. All I know is I'm done for the year painting,/building. I don't want to see an MRC box at my door for awhile. We've had some of the worst flying weather these last 2 months in some time, so It was nice to keep connected to RC by working on the F18 and Mig, but I'm close to losing it without being able to relax and fly. Gotta get back to my simple routine of Fly a Little, Repair a lot, then Fly a Little again. Checked the weather, next 10 days still suck, and I just saw Noah float by and he waved at me!
                          Hang in there, Hugh! That weather has Got to break sooner or later! Awesome jobs on your aircraft, amazing work.

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• Finally got the decals installed on my Hornet... here's the last video of the jet before them (airbrushed but no decals).

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                              Finally got the decals installed on my Hornet... here's the last video of the jet before them (airbrushed but no decals).

Wheelies, Yahoooo, Ride 'em Cowboy! Sweet!
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Finally my Hornet had her maiden flight.
                                Only knowing the flight characteristics of the F22 Raptor, I was surprised how nose heavy the Hornet is. And my CG already included an additional offset following the advice of airguardian.
                                Anyhow after some trimming I was able to end the flight with a successful touch down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Polyphren View Post
                                  Finally my Hornet had her maiden flight.
                                  Only knowing the flight characteristics of the F22 Raptor, I was surprised how nose heavy the Hornet is. And my CG already included an additional offset following the advice of airguardian.
                                  Anyhow after some trimming I was able to end the flight with a successful touch down.

Great looking F-18! Where did you end up balancing at. Definitely looked a bit nose heavy at the beginning (maybe as a result of where your neutral elevator position was), before you had it trimmed out, although on the landing it did not look nose heavy after it got it's feet on the ground, actually looked a bit tail heavy. For what it's worth, my neutral elevator position when balanced at 105 mm (not ready to go to >110mm ala AirGuardian), was 37mm below the line made by the vertical stabilizers casing fitting into the fuselage. I tried mine at 115 mm but the nose kept popping off the ground when taxing and on take-off run every time it hit an uneven portion of grass, which is everywhere. I liked the way it flew, but didn't like the ground handling, just need to get more comfortable with that.
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Wow extraordinary job on the livery! Good job all around! I flew mine for the first time in a while, first time with the completed 3DPUP cockpit and wow did I ever underestimate the weight and how it effected my CG! Another prime example of not completing a sound preflight check list. I put my battery in the same location as always. Nope. So Hugh Wiedman you are rocking a 105mm CG?
                                    Another oddity I need to square away is I have a Hobby Eagle gyro in her, I think is dialed but man she wants to yaw to the left something fierce! I adjust the rudder trim to no avail. Always somethin' lol.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hi Hugh,
                                      your settings seems to be very similar to mine.
                                      My CG is around 100mm perhaps 103mm. That‘s hard to measure with my fingertips only. The neutral position of my elevators ( after triming) is 35mm.
                                      I think, I need a second flight (less nervous 😁) to see how the setting works.
                                      Perhaps I‘ll change the steering, too. At the moment, I applied the ailevator modus, e.g. rolling includes both ailerons (100%) and elevators (80%).

Here is my neutral elevator.
                                      The red and yellow marks are low rates or high rates respectivly.
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	5211622D-2C8E-436C-8EB1-B6D76A781D6F.jpeg
Views:	709
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	319237

Comment

• To guarantee the CG, I put my batteries on a wooden slider in a defined position. Vertical movements of the slider are supressed by a foam block, which cannot change position when the canopy is closed.
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	7863360D-99B3-4B97-B7D7-35A983580510.jpeg
Views:	365
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	319239

Comment

Working...
                                        X