X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Ever stop to think there’s a good reason to not use the proper name? Same as with the AL?
    Exactly!

Comment

• Another thought is they call it Gray Diamonds because it’s the base gray with the Diamonds decals, not Gray Diamonds but gray Diamonds. Does that make sense? Either way a big deal about nothing. To me I’d make a bigger deal of the gray cockpit.

Comment

• Boy, didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest (no pun intended) with my entry this morning! It was never that big a deal to me, I was just slightly annoyed that they didn't just put on the website with the intro of this new plane, or livery "Blue Diamonds" instead of "Gray Diamonds" I thought it might be a nice way to honor this Navy squadron that has been doing a great job for over 60 years.

Other Freewing planes like the F-15C, the F-14D, and the A-6 have squadron markings clearly in their advertisements online. I've owned all three. I didn't even know this unit existed until I decided to look it up yesterday to learn more about it, I don't know what the reason was that Freewing called it Gray Diamonds, but that wouldn't affect my purchasing the model.

BTW, "NH" and "NG" were both used on this squadron's markings at various times in its long service record. You can look it up online. My apologies if I typo' d in an earlier entry. I know the model has NG on its tails.

I was just sharing my personal opinion on it, and I still stand by it. And I agree with Nuts n'Volts, even if no one else does. We still have a right to an opinion, right? I can see that we probably won't change any minds here, so I've said my peace and am departing the pattern...

Comment

• Not making a big deal, I appreciate your opinion. Just standing by my original opinion.

I doubt there's anything like a copyright like the Boeing has with their 737. You're right, I do not know. But, we've used squadron decals forever and so have the manufacturers. Not withstanding, they did use the Blue Diamonds insignia and their identifier on the plane. NG was/is the identifier for CVW-9 which they have been part of for many years, especially when they had Cs. As for gray diamonds... sure. If you were aboard any carrier you would know most all colors were grayed out in the early 80s.

To me, calling VFA-146 "Gray Diamonds" is like calling VMF-214 the "Black Cows". But hey, it's not really that important.
          Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Photos of VFA-146 birds, both Legacy and Super Hornets, for your customization reference: VFA-146 Blue Diamonds Strike Fighter Squadron US Navy (seaforces.org)

Comment

• Great pics. Thanks Fred!
              Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                To me I’d make a bigger deal of the gray cockpit.
                Big +1

Comment

• She's done!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1166921.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	321461Click image for larger version

Name:	P1166915.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	321462Click image for larger version

Name:	P1166929.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	321463Click image for larger version

Name:	P1177147.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	321464Click image for larger version

Name:	P1177180.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	321465Click image for larger version

Name:	P1177173.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	321466Click image for larger version

Name:	P1166933.JPG
Views:	473
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	321467Click image for larger version

Name:	P1166932.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	321468Click image for larger version

Name:	P1166939.JPG
Views:	470
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	321469Click image for larger version

Name:	hellyeah.png
Views:	476
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	321470Click image for larger version

Name:	omg.png
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	321471Click image for larger version

Name:	omg2.png
Views:	473
Size:	974.8 KB
ID:	321472Click image for larger version

Name:	omg3.png
Views:	482
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	321473Click image for larger version

Name:	omg4.png
Size:	914.7 KB
ID:	321474Click image for larger version

Name:	omg5.png
Views:	479
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	321475Click image for larger version

Name:	omg6.png
Views:	481
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	321476

Comment

• Yowza!! Looks amazing!!!
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Outstanding Airguardian , I'll bring my "Tiger" and fly with you!!
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• "You can be my Wingman Anytime"!!

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Very nice Jandro!

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                            She's done!!!
                            AG, Simply gorgeous. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks all!

Working on the video now... we captured a few gorgeous scenes! :D

Comment

• Wow! Beautiful work!!
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Bravo! Airguardian it looks wonderful!

Comment

• Thank you James!
                                    The effort paid off! :D
                                    (Trying to get a decent video ready for this week's show, hehehe!)

Comment

• Not sure who took longer, if Elbee's one or mine, hahaha!

Work well spent though, the satisfaction is real!

Now just gotta make sure not to crash it... knocking on wood!

PS: Had some YT issues but video is reuploaded again :)

Comment

• Airguardian Top Shelf!
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• :DDD

Comment

Working...
                                          X