X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSD new twin EDF 90mm Large ME-262

I saw the video of maiden flights and it sure looks sweet. I put in a request to the factory to see if they would make some primer gray versions. I Likey!

My Google search engine must suck. Got a link to that vid. :Thinking:
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

HSDGO. 504 likes. Retail company

I wish they would have done a Gloster Meteor instead, but this looks like it will be a great Me-262!

Comment

Its an interesting approach, showing models that are only flying at the very early initial CNC stages, it can take a year or more to get to market from that point, if it gets there at all. But its having the desired effect, people are talking. If it flies and looks as good as our FW 70mm, then they could well have something here, as long as they don't make it too heavy, which they have a habit of doing with their models.

S.

Comment

Yes, I have been waiting for a larger ME262 and looks like I may get 1 soon as long as BH is not involved. Now about that 90mm F9F cougar still waiting... MRC.

Comment

Ha! Always been more of a Panther man myself, the little old 64mm one was sweet enough, got that back in the hobby-Lobby days, must be years ago now! A 90mm F9F would be something!

S.

Comment

Its available at the USA website, ETA November 30
              Attached Files

Comment

It's a big, beautiful plane but the price is quite scary (for a foamie). I can't tell from the pictures in the manual if this plane will have a "glass jaw" like the FW ME262. IE, will the front end split open and fall off on the first rough landing?
                Only flew for about 2.5 min. in this video:

Comment

A friend at the field just clued me in on this one. It is available for pre-order now, and supposedly shipping to customers from Texas this week. Wow, cool plane! The price is insane, and it seems to me hard to argue that this is anywhere near as good a deal as the Freewing Me-262. But I still might get one, just because ....not a lot of choices at the upper end there.

Seems to me that in general HSD planes are not great deals, and they can survive only because Freewing doesn't venture up in that size and cost. But I don't know, maybe the market volume just drops off precipitously at that size, and HSD's prices are what anybody would have to charge to make up for the NRE.

Comment

Oh no...I went to click on it and in the last few minutes the price went up by another $100. OK, never mind, I'm out.

Comment

Snooze you lose
                      BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

Originally posted by t33jetman View Post
                        Snooze you lose
                        ...unless you happened to have a browser window open before the price went up. I noticed it after my phone interruption, I already had it in the cart as a pre-order. I made it just in time!!

By the way, I've been watching your Mig-29 makeover - insane skill level, you are an artist.

Click image for larger version

Name:	me262.jpg
Views:	1612
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	290444

Comment

Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

...unless you happened to have a browser window open before the price went up. I noticed it after my phone interruption, I already had it in the cart as a pre-order. I made it just in time!!

By the way, I've been watching your Mig-29 makeover - insane skill level, you are an artist.

Name:	me262.jpg
Views:	1612
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	290444
                          Thank you sir, glad to see you got ME262 anyway . I think it's a winner of a plane.
                          BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

Gringotuerto Following for sure.

Comment

By the way, I didn't see anywhere on HSD's website what the battery connectors are. At least mine came with a pair of XT-90's for the main batteries (6S), and a pair of XT-60 for the aux batteries (2S). The control box itself (MFC-2085) has an MPX connector, and so the XT-60 is at the end of a short MPX-to-XT60 cable. I see online several sources for MPX-to-whatever cables, so you could get different ones if you want.

Comment

That plane is in serious need of a better, more accurate paint scheme... just sayin

Comment

Was with Andy from HSD USA when he maidened his on our grass field. Smooth as silk . I don't think he had more than a click of trim. Plane flew beautifully slow and fast. Took off in under 100ft. Ultra high quality finish.
                                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                    Was with Andy from HSD USA when he maidened his on our grass field. Smooth as silk . I don't think he had more than a click of trim. Plane flew beautifully slow and fast. Took off in under 100ft. Ultra high quality finish.
                                    Does the model still have that really wrong lizard green scheme from the first photos?

Still hoping that they get the model looking closer to a real 262 before it arrives in the US, in numbers.

Comment

OK, I put this together today. A few things worth noting

0. Yes, it is ugly. It better have a heck of a personality.

1. When you insert the tail, you have to be careful to move the wires into a channel around the side of the front block (see photos). There is NO room for the wires if you don’t do that, and you will stress and possibly break them. I used scotch tape to hold the wires in place while inserting the tail.

2. When inserting the main spar, there is a similar issue – if you just jam it in, it will likely hang up on wires. I used a dowel to hold the wires out of the way.

3. I had some problem and thought I would “factory reset” the MFC-2085 controller. DO NOT DO THAT! It comes with a lot of programming already set up for this model, and it took me half a day to get everything set up again.

4. The throttle was backwards on my spectrum Rx. So I think 2ms is low throttle for these ESCs. That almost led to a runaway crash when I went outside to center the nosewheel, but fortunately I was able to catch it. It did blast the foam hatch about 30 yards down the street.

5. As I mentioned, it comes with XT-90s. I replaced these rather that getting an adapter, so that I wouldn’t introduce an extra connector. But after I was all done replacing them, I noticed that the wire goes to another XT-90 in the belly of the plane. So it already has an extra connector, and it would have been much easier to disconnect it there and remove the entire extension, rather than to soldering two connectors on wires hanging out of the plane.

Name:	tail1.jpg
Views:	1411
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	290938Click image for larger version

Name:	tail2.jpg
Views:	1388
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	290939

Comment

Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
                                        OK, I put this together today. A few things worth noting

0. Yes, it is ugly. It better have a heck of a personality.

1. When you insert the tail, you have to be careful to move the wires into a channel around the side of the front block (see photos). There is NO room for the wires if you don’t do that, and you will stress and possibly break them. I used scotch tape to hold the wires in place while inserting the tail.

2. When inserting the main spar, there is a similar issue – if you just jam it in, it will likely hang up on wires. I used a dowel to hold the wires out of the way.

3. I had some problem and thought I would “factory reset” the MFC-2085 controller. DO NOT DO THAT! It comes with a lot of programming already set up for this model, and it took me half a day to get everything set up again.

4. The throttle was backwards on my spectrum Rx. So I think 2ms is low throttle for these ESCs. That almost led to a runaway crash when I went outside to center the nosewheel, but fortunately I was able to catch it. It did blast the foam hatch about 30 yards down the street.

5. As I mentioned, it comes with XT-90s. I replaced these rather that getting an adapter, so that I wouldn’t introduce an extra connector. But after I was all done replacing them, I noticed that the wire goes to another XT-90 in the belly of the plane. So it already has an extra connector, and it would have been much easier to disconnect it there and remove the entire extension, rather than to soldering two connectors on wires hanging out of the plane.

Name:	tail1.jpg
Views:	1411
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	290938Click image for larger version

Name:	tail2.jpg
Views:	1388
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	290939
                                        Good tips! I’ll keep those in mind when I’m assembling mine. Thanks!

It may be a month or more before I can get to this one. I plan and repainting after maiden.

Comment

Working...
                                        X