Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 70mm F-35 V3 (2019 Version) Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk NM!!! Glad to have you here!!! :Cool::Cool: Jerry

Comment

• Thanks HW!

Comment

• Guys, I've just got to say it. I've got about 30 flights on it now, and Freewing's new F-35 is my absolute favorite EDF to fly. It handles just a little different from anything else I've flown and has some unique flight characteristics but covers all the bases for me. Seriously. This jet is a HOMERUN!

(but I do wish it had lights lol... I'll probably mod it to make that happen)

Comment

• Hi all just purchased this I Am in Australia and live about 5 minute from the airbase at Newcastle where the first Australian F35 are based saw the arrive in Australia and the flew right over my house which they do often now we now have four here and they are conducting noise testing varafacation flights in preparation for the rest of the 76 that australia has ordered so I Am super excited to get this model and fly it at our club fields which is also only 6miles from the base I will be reading this forum with great interest as this will be my first real EDF model I mainly felt F3a aerobatic so not new to flying just edf powered

Comment

• Originally posted by rsunleaded View Post
            Hi all just purchased this I Am in Australia and live about 5 minute from the airbase at Newcastle where the first Australian F35 are based saw the arrive in Australia and the flew right over my house which they do often now we now have four here and they are conducting noise testing varafacation flights in preparation for the rest of the 76 that australia has ordered so I Am super excited to get this model and fly it at our club fields which is also only 6miles from the base I will be reading this forum with great interest as this will be my first real EDF model I mainly felt F3a aerobatic so not new to flying just edf powered
            Welcome to HobbySquawk! The F-35 is one of my favorites. Flies great!

Comment

• Went ahead and laminated my wings. One side got scuffed up a little on the landing in the grass. Green horn EDF flyer lol.. Im at 4300ft maybe thats why the f35 dont pop out of the grass so fast.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Just a quick one .I have just installed a Eagle L 3 Gyro in my F35 .After a lot of trips to the field I have finally got it to work ( it helps if you set the ailerons the right way ) I am nearly there but I have a little problem .It fly straight and level but it twitches on the ailerons a little .Is this because I have to much gains set and need to reduce my gains a little to stop the little fluttering I am getting on the ailerons ?:Drooling:

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                    Just a quick one .I have just installed a Eagle L 3 Gyro in my F35 .After a lot of trips to the field I have finally got it to work ( it helps if you set the ailerons the right way ) I am nearly there but I have a little problem .It fly straight and level but it twitches on the ailerons a little .Is this because I have to much gains set and need to reduce my gains a little to stop the little fluttering I am getting on the ailerons ?:Drooling:
                    Yup. If the ailerons are oscillating, that means the aileron gain on the gyro is too high :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post

Yup. If the ailerons are oscillating, that means the aileron gain on the gyro is too high :Cool:
                      Ditto!!! I have my settings on the potentiometers set about 10 o'clock

:Cool:

Comment

• Thanks .I have reduced the gains to about 10 o clock and I will give it a go once the weather improves

Comment

• Set the gyro at 10 o clock and it fly fantastic . Never flown using a gyro before now I am hooked order 2 more .One for the F16 and might put the other one in the Hawk .But what really impressed me was the help I received from Motion RC Europe .Those guys are really on the ball :Cool:

Comment

• OK my plane has just arrived but have taken note of the issues some are having with visual so I have ordered a spare set of vertical staberlisers and I Am planing on painting them fluro orange as the parts are screwed together is this something that I could easily do at the field I was also going to get a nosecone but they are out of stock

Comment

• Got some slightly larger diameter DU-BRO lite rear wheels.

Comment

• Just checked the manual RE CG and they have put a new drawing pasted over the manual with regards to cg see picture 32mm

Comment

• Good weekend of flying...the F35 survived but I found it a bit "squirrelly" in handling. I think I had it too tail heavy and it stalled on a turn. I caught it before any damage done but it scared me.
                                  Weekend flying pics...
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	F15 F35 F4 Group.jpg
Views:	1050
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	205166Click image for larger version

Name:	F35 Front.jpg
Views:	1069
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	205167Click image for larger version

Name:	F35 Side.jpg
Views:	1020
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	205168

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                                    Good weekend of flying...the F35 survived but I found it a bit "squirrelly" in handling. I think I had it too tail heavy and it stalled on a turn. I caught it before any damage done but it scared me.
                                    Weekend flying pics...
                                    Now that is a nice line up!! Wish I was there to fly with you too! I have one of those but still want the F-4 and F-35!

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Now flying the F 35 with a gyro .I thought that a gyro was mainly for beginners .How wrong I was ,my F35 is so much easier to fly and lands a treat with the gyro switch on

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                                        Now flying the F 35 with a gyro .I thought that a gyro was mainly for beginners .How wrong I was ,my F35 is so much easier to fly and lands a treat with the gyro switch on
                                        Now you see what we mean!! Congrats!
                                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Get sum!

Comment

Working...
                                          X